Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 10:41 AM

20,770 posts, read 20,025,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm not really sure if the sign thing has any impact on dating or not. I do know that for my sign it is a scarily accurate reflection of who I am. Not all of the traits but enough to really jump out at me. LOL.
me, too. I am a scorpio and represent EVERYTHING that comes with that sign. I read a book about scorpios and it was like somebody took the time to study me and write it all down. Very surprising.

My ex was born 4 days before me and is the total opposite. Go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 10:46 AM

1,212 posts, read 1,439,081 times
When they say "two cancers", for exemple, means that they both had the sun in Cancer when they were born, this is just one element of the synastry, very imcomplete.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:35 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,299,690 times
Yes in some ways, matching zodiac signs do make an easier affinity in relationship from my own experiences. But more than just sun signs, a combination of rising sign, mars, moon etc. are needed to make a good match.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:35 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,486,435 times
No. The position of the sun in a constellation at the time of birth has nothing to do with one's personality.

That said, it's fun to think about, and I've never dated a Pisces who didn't turn out to be a headcase.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:05 PM

51,012 posts, read 36,707,535 times
Mine is very much like me, too. I wouldn't not date someone due to whatever sign they are, but when I date someone new I always look up our compatibility. It makes a fun topic of conversation together too. I do find many of the personality traits to be right on!

Old 09-22-2016, 05:38 PM

997 posts, read 940,200 times
I do a astrology and I believe it works because it works for me. I don't read my daily horoscope because I know how to look at the planets and what they are doing. It is about energy and potential.

When you are looking for basic compatability then you want to please your sun. You have a moon sign and and ascendant and other personal planets that are part of the picture but sun sign compatability is basic.

I am a Scorpio. My best match is a Pisces. It could be a Cancer or another Scorpio, all water signs. The earth signs also are compatable with water, except for Taurus. That is my opposite sign. For me, that is a big no no because of a problem in my own chart.

Opposite signs can go either way. Some people love their opposite sign, others have a problem.

You own sign can be compatable because you understand each other, or it can bring problems if you are too much alike.

Water and Earth are both receptive, or feminine signs...yin energy.

Air and Fire are both expressive or masculine signs...yang energy....

Air and fire are compatable, and water and earth are as well.

This is for basic sun sign compatability without considering any other factors. Please your sun first is a pretty good motto. That is basic and a good general rule of thumb.

There are many other placements that could light you up, or turn you off.

We want to please our moon too, which is our emotions, and hopefully that is possible but in my case my sun and moon are not compatable with each other. That makes me hard to please. What my sun wants, my moon doesn't want. I cannot please them both at the same time. That requires adjustment. I think it is important to know your own sun/moon relationship.

To the person who asked about Sagittarius and Capricorn being incompatable. Their natures are very different but they are located next to each other so it is quite likely that a Capricorn would have one or more planets in Sagittarius. There would be an affinity in that way. Some planets travel close to the sun and are always located in the same sign or an adjacent sign. There are other factors that create attraction and even determine the type of person you are likely to marry and that has nothing to do with your sun sign.

You can feel the energy of who you like. looking at the astrology of it will show why. Even advanced techniques cannot predict your perfect match but it can predict the type of problems you would have and possible strategies for dealing with those problems.

You can live your life just fine without believing in astrology. Belief is totally optional.

Last edited by Veronicka; 09-22-2016 at 05:48 PM..

Old 09-22-2016, 05:53 PM

19,442 posts, read 15,295,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Falcon View Post
The "Zodiac Sign" (as popularly we use to talk) is the position of the sun when you're born. The birth chart shows the position of all the planets, not only the sun.
The synastry has to be done with the complete Birth Chart, to check how the planets arrange with each other's. You'll be surprised how it's much more than a myth.

Astrology never suggested that that 1/12 of the world has the same character traits. It says that there are 12 zodiac signs, that are areas of the the sky. The way the solar system is arranged (planets around the signs/houses) in the moment you're born indicates the perceptions, vantages and challenges you'll face in your life. Birth Charts are very complexes and revealing, doesn't equate people at all.
I'm not sure I understand. The 12 different signs do describe our supposed personality, character traits, whatever, depending on the month/day we were born. I know you're saying there's more to it, but it doesn't say that in the descriptions, and there are still just 12 of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
I do a astrology and I believe it works because it works for me. I don't read my daily horoscope because I know how to look at the planets and what they are doing. It is about energy and potential.

When you are looking for basic compatability then you want to please your sun. You have a moon sign and and ascendant and other personal planets that are part of the picture but sun sign compatability is basic.

I am a Scorpio. My best match is a Pisces. It could be a Cancer or another Scorpio, all water signs. The earth signs also are compatable with water, except for Taurus. That is my opposite sign. For me, that is a big no no. That is because my chart is difficult so my opposite sign is difficult for me. Sometimes opposites attract but not in my case.

Water and Earth are both receptive, or feminine signs...yin energy.

Air and Fire are both expressive or masculine signs...yang energy....

Air and fire are compatable, and water and earth are as well.

This is for basic sun sign compatability without considering any other factors. Please your sun first is a pretty good motto. That is basic compatability and a good general rule of thumb.

There are many other placements that could light you up, or turn you off.

We want to please our moon too, which is our emotions, and hopefully that is possible but in my case my sun and moon are not compatable with each other. That makes me hard to please. What my sun wants, my moon doesn't want. I cannot please them both at the same time. That requires adjustment.

To the person who asked about Sagittarius and Capricorn being incompatable. Their natures are very different but they are located next to each other so it is quite likely that a Capricorn would have one or more planets in Sagittarius. There would be an affinity in that way. Some planets travel close to the sun and are always located in the same sign or an adjacent sign. There are other factors that create attraction and even determine the type of person you are likely to marry and that has nothing to do with your sun sign.

In my opinion, there is something to it for sure. You can feel the energy of what you like. looking at the astrology of it will show why. Even advanced techniques cannot predict your perfect match but it can predict the type of problems you would have and possible strategies for dealing with those problems.

You can live your life just fine without believing in astrology. Belief is totally optional.
As JerZ brought up in the quote below, can you (or anyone else here) explain how it works with twins?

I'm not trying to mock here. I'm just curious as to the answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I knew of a pair of twins who were born on the same day, same time of day (early morning) and same locale, literally, as I...as in, a few delivery doors down from me. My mother recognized their last name from somewhere in her memory bank and told me she could swear her hospital room neighbor when she delivered me had twin girls with that last name. That was quite a memory as it was eleven years prior, but I asked these girls in class the next day and indeed, they were born on my birthday and delivered at my hospital. They were the very twin baby girls my mother remembered.

Not only were these two born in the same location, same time, same date as I was very different from me, these twins born minutes apart were very different from each other.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:41 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,884,686 times
After Sex Comments by Sun Sign:
Aries: "Okay, let's do it again!"
Taurus: "I'm hungry--pass the pizza."
Gemini: "Have you seen the remote?"
Cancer: "When are we getting married?"
Leo: "Wasn't I fantastic?"
Virgo: "I need to wash the sheets."
Libra: "I liked it if you liked it."
Scorpio: "Perhaps I should untie you."
Sagittarius: "Don't call me--I'll call you."
Capricorn: "Do you have a business card?"
Aquarius: "Now let's try it with our clothes off!"
Pisces: "What did you say your name was again?"

Old 09-22-2016, 08:47 PM

1,212 posts, read 1,439,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I'm not sure I understand. The 12 different signs do describe our supposed personality, character traits, whatever, depending on the month/day we were born. I know you're saying there's more to it, but it doesn't say that in the descriptions, and there are still just 12 of them.
It's not that simple to explain in a few lines how to make a birth chart.
But what you mean by sign depending on the date/month is just the position of the sun in the sky where you've born, in what sign it was (and this not include even the house). If you have Saturn also in the same sign in the moment you've born, for exemple, you don't have those "character traits" of that sing.

Character traits and much more are "given" by the position of all the Solar System in the signs/houses and the aspects they make to each other. If the couple wants to make a synastry it has to be done with their birth charts, not just looking to their sun signs. Same if you want to analize challenges of your life.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:01 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,341,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Thanks!

I wasn't aware until after we got together that Taurus and Capricorn were the best match. Neither was she.
I was just meant to be.....destinyyyyyyy!....Congrats...:-))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships