Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2016, 08:27 AM

594 posts, read 379,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Really?
Ok, love is a stretch at this point, I know that. But this is the most hopeful I've been since my last relationship. I really feel like we fit each other, like two peas in a pod. Everything was just so natural with her last night.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:32 AM

314 posts, read 237,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
Why are you so cynical? Is it such a stretch to believe that I'm capable of having a legitimate relationship? You're making it seem like I'm some doomed individual incapable of relating to another person. I realize that I haven't had much success so far in the dating scene but it seems like you take joy in saying "I told you so." I'm not expecting you to be supportive because you don't know me, but is it to much to ask that you at least try to give some positive vibes?
Knowing attorneys in that age bracket, they want to settle down and have a family ( kid or two). Of course there are exceptions, but even my SO job which was more lucrative, it will not be roses and sunshine

Old 09-16-2016, 08:36 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
I really feel like we fit each other, like two peas in a pod. Everything was just so natural with her last night.
You've been on one date. One date.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:38 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Why are you so cynical? Is it such a stretch to believe that I'm capable of having a legitimate relationship? You're making it seem like I'm some doomed individual incapable of relating to another person. I realize that I haven't had much success so far in the dating scene but it seems like you take joy in saying "I told you so." I'm not expecting you to be supportive because you don't know me, but is it to much to ask that you at least try to give some positive vibes?
Positive vibes are cool, but encouraging people to chill a bit is even better. It's nice to be excited, and maybe you'll be "lucky", I know people that have been... but odds are you'll have plenty of first dates that "couldn't have gone better" and feel like "I've known this person for a long time, even though we just met" and it disappears as fast as it appears. That's just the nature of things, especially with OLD.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:47 AM

529 posts, read 508,287 times
online dating tends to skip past the whole learning someone's interest for the first time. I prefer the mystery of getting to know a complete and total stranger. Also, I think online dating has made people that much more apprehensive of everyday conversation and all around openness to those outside their "cell contacts" intruding in any way. Lastly, I think online dating has lead to a sort of mentality of princes and princess; that is not to say people should settle, but people are literally looking for a 100% match...when seldom more than 90% is statistically applicable...

Old 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You've been on one date. One date.
Yes. Anybody can be amazingly perfect and engaging and agree with your every single viewpoint for just one date. Or a few of them.

Everyone is on his or her best behavior and sparklingly and refreshingly "different from everybody else" and so on in the beginning.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:33 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
I cynical because I have read most of the things you have posted. Those characteristics do not lend themselves to being in a healthy relationship. In my opinion, the more you are into someone, the more you are going to crash and burn.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:41 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,153,368 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone is trying to poop on your cornflakes, but you have two lengthy threads describing multiple scenarios in which a woman failed to meet your expectations after a couple of dates -- whether it be her communication style, her interest in discussing the status of the "relationship," etc.

Wouldn't it make sense then to try to keep your expectations in check? It's possible to be hopeful, while at the same time not putting so much pressure on the situation by rhapsodizing about your date and imagining a love connection after one meeting.

As an aside, you have mentioned "molding" some of these women to suit you...suggested a single mother was seeking a sugar daddy...etc -- concepts that some of us no doubt find distasteful and which could make you tough to root for.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:58 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
BTW, anyone who, instead of standing in line and waiting his turn, goes to the front of the line and then tells people that the line starts where he decides it does, is probably not going to be very successful in any kind of relationship with other people.

Old 09-16-2016, 10:09 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
I don't think anyone is trying to poop on your cornflakes, but you have two lengthy threads describing multiple scenarios in which a woman failed to meet your expectations after a couple of dates -- whether it be her communication style, her interest in discussing the status of the "relationship," etc.

Wouldn't it make sense then to try to keep your expectations in check? It's possible to be hopeful, while at the same time not putting so much pressure on the situation by rhapsodizing about your date and imagining a love connection after one meeting.

As an aside, you have mentioned "molding" some of these women to suit you...suggested a single mother was seeking a sugar daddy...etc -- concepts that some of us no doubt find distasteful and which could make you tough to root for.
^^^ This, and also that you've admitted to being highly codependent and are looking for a woman to complete you, which means it's likely that you're projecting all kinds of positive feelings onto this poor woman so that she can fulfill your fantasy that she's "the one".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships