Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 04:12 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times

Advertisements

I text all the time with female clients and colleagues. Any time MrsCPG wants to look at my phone, she is more than welcome.

To me, it's not the texting. It's the fact that he doesn't want you looking at his phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 04:26 PM

1,261 posts, read 971,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I couldn't find a smaller one (that's what she said! lol)...apparently the eggplant represents a...you know...a...
OMG, DID YOU JUST SAY "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID"!!!! We say that around the office all the time! We'll even hum it if there's a customer in the office.

Old 09-27-2016, 04:28 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
OMG, DID YOU JUST SAY "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID"!!!! We say that around the office all the time! We'll even hum it if there's a customer in the office.
I say it probably more than I should LOL

Old 09-27-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I text all the time with female clients and colleagues. Any time MrsCPG wants to look at my phone, she is more than welcome.

To me, it's not the texting. It's the fact that he doesn't want you looking at his phone.
Which is exactly why I bolded part of the OP. A smiley isn't a red flag me. My husband cherry picking which texts I can look at as he quickly scrolls through his texts IS.

Old 09-27-2016, 04:31 PM

1,261 posts, read 971,696 times
Quote:
I say it probably more than I should LOL
Say it too much?.... literally impossible!

Old 09-27-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
Say it too much?.... literally impossible!

lol...I've made a few men blush

Old 09-27-2016, 05:01 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,603,221 times
Quote:
The bolded, especially the red--why isn't that more of an issue to you instead of worrying about emoji's? That would be a HUGE red flag to me instead of a dumb smiley face. I text, email/interoffice IM with my bosses and other colleagues and we've all thrown in a smiley face.
I agree. Reading the OP's post made my own stomach hurt.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:32 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hiding suspicious texts is suspicious. How old are the two of you? Are you normally distrustful?

Here's a different perspective: people often develop casual friendships in their work environment. It would not be odd if two guys got together in the bar on a business trip to have a drink. In the under 50 world, people still tend to have nonchalant relationships that resemble those they had in high school or college, regardless of gender. Texting and meeting up downstairs might mean nothing. Emojis are normal.

Your husband probably knows you'd take it the wrong way, so he keeps his childish work persona away from you because you might tend to scold and take everything the wrong way.

That doesn't mean that the two of you shouldn't take a long drive and discuss your mutual feelings to clear the air.

If there's a real problem, get help.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:51 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,216 times
This thread makes my blood boil...

This entitlement in that a person must give up their phones simply because another says so.
This entitlement in that a person must act the same way with them as they do with others
This entitlement in that there is not a reasonable expectation of privacy.

Just because you are married doesn't mean a person is not entitled to protect their belongings. Because once you go looking for something, YOU WILL ALWAYS FIND SOMETHING. And that something is entirely very subjective to the seeker.

P.S.- I would be upset at my significant others placing emojis or whatever when texting their co-worker. Matter of fact, I wouldn't take it lightly in she texting any male co-worker unless business related. But I will not go looking for it if she does and therefore, I don't know if she is doing it. There comes a time when you need to not bring so much stress into your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships