Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 06:01 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,146,108 times

Advertisements

No no no no.

Because this x1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
If the chemistry is mutual, you don't have to say a word.

Saying it is just corny and forced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 06:06 AM

23,178 posts, read 26,302,781 times
The last time this guy told me we had great chemistry I reminded him that it was like oil and water and they only blended with an infusion of alcohol

Old 09-29-2016, 07:02 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,368,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
Why not use an actual chemistry question to pick her up? I have plenty of examples if anyone needs them.

How is the solubility of an ionic compound with a basic anion affected by pH?

By what frequency is a C-H vibrational stretching band in the mid IR increased if the hydrogen atom is replaced with deuterium?

Why do group 11 transition metals have a s1d10 electron configuration in the ground state?

If she answers correctly, you can say "I think we share some wonderful chemistry!"

Well you just have a huge edge in dating. And I'm pretty sure you're either born the Chemistry Guy or you're not, and those of us who are say, the Physics Guy or the Anthropology Guy are just sol. It's why dating is so hard.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:09 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,929,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
i'm not talking about walking up to a stranger, i'm talking about a girl you're sitting down talking to. thanks though for the input, i'm starting to see its not as good of an idea as i thought it was a few weeks ago.
If you have been taking to her and things are escalating and you have been flirting and doing some touching, it would very much be called for if you do it as part of your playful flirting.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:53 AM

51,312 posts, read 36,980,582 times
You can't tell chemistry until you have more contact with a person, and even then it's something both feel or they don't. I would think that was silly.

Comment on something about her, if she's wearing a football Jersey, comment on the team (be playful but don't be mean, it will backfire) or something about where you both are such as long lines, weather, whatever. I would add be positive, I'd rather meet a guy smiling and commenting what a gorgeous day it is then one who seems negative). I would be turned off by such an obvious canned line as the one you want to use, as well as it makes no sense. You need natural conversation.

Have you considered what you'd say after that at all? Or would you be expecting her to take over from there (not going to happen)

Old 09-29-2016, 09:56 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,584,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Would you think telling a girl you meet 'i think we have chemistry' as a way to pick her up is a good thing? Has anyone here told a prospective romantic partner 'i feel chemistry' on the initial meeting and how did that go? im debating on whether or not to use that word. I wouldn't just use it to use it, there would have to be actual chemistry, wouldn't use it as a line if i didnt feel it was true.
No its as cheesy and transparent as it comes when you first meet...

Personally as I actually meet someone first and usually have a drink/spend time with them I'm really lucky as when it comes to arranging or meeting on a first date we BOTH already know that the chemistry is there.... so no need to say it

But on a first initial meet..... nah

Old 09-29-2016, 10:01 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,989,146 times
I once had a guy sniff the air and say .. I like your pheromones .. we will be sympatico.

I guess that was a modified 'chemistry' line .. but I didn't fall for it.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:02 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,781,932 times
Chemistry is either just there, or it's not. How do I know if it's there when I meet a woman. An incredible urge to grab her and kiss her face! :-) like irresistible feeling and it's usually instant or does not take long to notice it. It's real. I've went on dates with beautiful women and that feeling is just not there and other times it just is. It's a million subconscious aspects of attraction and often is not always explainable.

So discussing it up front is probably not a great idea. Meet her and you'll just know. At least it works that way for me.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:39 AM

12,823 posts, read 24,478,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
If the chemistry is mutual, you don't have to say a word.
So true.

And the converse, if there is no chemistry, it's a red flag, no matter how much other things line up.

I knew it ... I tried to outwit it ... now I feel like a dimwit!

Old 09-29-2016, 04:01 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,231,433 times
Chemistry can be one-sided which is why a couple might leave a date with 1 thinking it was the best date ever, and the other thinking I hope never to do that again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships