Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 12:24 PM

102,356 posts, read 108,635,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
OP why do you even care if you are gay?
Yes, why are you so heavily invested in this erroneous view? It seems to be an emotional issue with you, the way you're insisting on it. You don't date women (or so you claim), and you're not a hetero woman, so you'd have no way of knowing. Yet you're clinging to your view like it's a life raft.

Old 09-29-2016, 12:24 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,129,803 times
You had me stopped dead at how being nice "didn't get (your friends) very far."

If you're "being nice" in order to "get something" - specifically, I'm assuming, into the other person's pants - nope, won't work. It's transparent, it feels icky, and it repels people.

You're welcome. /end thread

Old 09-29-2016, 12:26 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,157,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
If you're "being nice" in order to "get something" - specifically, I'm assuming, into the other person's pants - nope, won't work. It's transparent, it feels icky, and it repels people.
Yup, this intent means they're not good people. That is why they don't get anywhere.

Old 09-29-2016, 12:26 PM

914 posts, read 742,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You're not believable, OP. And since you're (ostensibly) gay, you're going to have to take our word for it that you're wrong. Why do you place so much credence in your guy friends' opinion on this, that you're willing to antagonize an entire forum?

There's something about this scenario that doesn't add up. The whole thing is fishy.
*cough* RedPiller/MGTOWer in disguise *cough*

OP, I would still like to know whether gay guys ever end up dating jerks? Has jerk behaviour a better track record overall in terms of being attractive to gay men? I think you can find the answers to your own questions when you apply them to gay men.

Old 09-29-2016, 12:27 PM

18 posts, read 9,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
"What I'm saying is, niceness does not seem to be an attraction factor to women. Whereas, dysfunctional as it may be, jerk behavior has a far better track record overall in terms of being attractive to women."

Attraction is the entryway into romantic relationships. Without attraction there will be no relationship.
Nice try.

Let me know when you find the bit where I talked about relationships.

Old 09-29-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuston View Post
We're still trying to figure out what you're talking about.

You put forth a hypothesis. You said there is a track record for this hypothesis. You haven't posted any data. Any citation for any study. Nothing.

When people have countered it with person experiences, you rejected their viewpoints.

Do you have data supporting your hypothesis?

Old 09-29-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
We're still trying to figure out what you're talking about.

You put forth a hypothesis. You said there is a track record for this hypothesis. You haven't posted any data. Any citation for any study. Nothing.

When people have countered it with person experiences, you rejected their viewpoints.

Do you have data supporting your hypothesis?
Remember, OP: your personal observations and the experience of your friends is "cheating". You (according to your own criteria) can't base your argument on that.

Old 09-29-2016, 12:34 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,931,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuston View Post
Nice try.

So you are just talking about attraction? The guys who are acting like jerks are only looking for attraction and nothing else? Or are you talking about casual hookups that might ensue from this attraction?

Old 09-29-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Remember, OP: your personal observations and the experience of your friends is "cheating". You (according to your own criteria) can't base your argument on that.
Right, if this is from his observations (i.e. anecdotal evidence) than any anecdotal evidence (our experiences) are equally valid.

Old 09-29-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
So you are just talking about attraction? The guys who are acting like jerks are only looking for attraction and nothing else? Or are you talking about casual hookups that might ensue from this attraction?
He said guys who are jerks toward women are "more successful". Successful at what, OP? Their careers? Video gaming? Car racing? In what realm does treating women badly supposedly garner men success? In what realm is the "track record" that you speak of?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships