Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 01:19 PM

5 posts, read 48,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Very true, that word is often misused.
Fetish;
a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body, etc.

How does it not apply? I mean as I said since as long as I can remember just the sight of female undergarments has always made me happy. Not that I don't like anything else about a woman, just that in particular.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:22 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,992,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Just a suggestion, but you might want to broach the subject without mention of the word "fetish". First off, that word tends to freak a lot of people out, and second (and IMO more importantly), what you describe is not a fetish.

It's a preference. You like it. No more, no less.

To answer your question, some women will be fine with it, some won't. I personally wouldn't have an issue with it, set forth as you describe it. It sounds like something that you like, but that you don't need for an intimate relationship (trying to keep it PG13 here).
Perfect advice...I was thinking along these lines too regarding that particular word. It really isn't a you-know-what forum, it's a relationships forum.

As for guys in general liking underwear...I do think it's a pretty common thing. There can be a lot of reasons for it. Even if it does come off quickly, LOL, it can add something to the experience. BUT, of course, if she doesn't want to do it and you push her, she will naturally feel you are objectifying her and that she isn't enough just being who she is. It will indeed turn her off.

If this is very critical to you then you really do need to find someone who already thinks along these lines, or at least is open to the idea, or you absolutely will run into problems and that balloon will deflate before it can ever take off. Wait...that's probably not any sort of actual analogy. Whatever, you get the drift, I'm sure.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:24 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtronis View Post
Fetish;
a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body, etc.

How does it not apply? I mean as I said since as long as I can remember just the sight of female undergarments has always made me happy. Not that I don't like anything else about a woman, just that in particular.
The general definition has traditionally been attraction to a "non sexual" object/thing. Lingerie is a sexual object, in my book.

But I'm sure you can find plenty of definitions. Still, the advice Mish gave stands.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:26 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,010,509 times
Quote:
Fetish;

My partner has made no secret about his desire to see me in long dresses. In fact, we are stopping by the store after work today to see if we can find some more.

Seeing me in a long dress makes him happy. No doubt about that.

However, his gratification is not linked to me wearing long dresses. That is, he can still be, erm, "happy", if I am wearing something else.

Therefore, by definition, not a fetish.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:27 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times
Quote:
Fetish;
a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothig, part of the body, etc.

Something making you happy and something that makes you sexually aroused are two different things.
Mr. CSD is happy when I fix his favorite meal but his favorite meal does not sexually arouse him.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:30 PM

1,265 posts, read 971,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
My partner has made no secret about his desire to see me in long dresses. In fact, we are stopping by the store after work today to see if we can find some more.

Seeing me in a long dress makes him happy. No doubt about that.

However, his gratification is not linked to me wearing long dresses. That is, he can still be, erm, "happy", if I am wearing something else.

Therefore, by definition, not a fetish.
There is something very sexy about a figure hugging long dress. Im not sure what it is but eggplant...

Old 09-29-2016, 01:37 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,010,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
There is something very sexy about a figure hugging long dress. Im not sure what it is but eggplant...

Whatever you do, don't look up the Urban Dictionary definitions of eggplant. Just sayin'.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:53 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,237 times
i'm just going to answer the thread title question...yes

Old 09-29-2016, 01:59 PM

1,265 posts, read 971,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Whatever you do, don't look up the Urban Dictionary definitions of eggplant. Just sayin'.
I hope it means giant happy eggplant.

Old 09-29-2016, 02:00 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,237 times
me thinks there is more to his story of just liking to see women in lingerie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships