Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 02:09 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,719,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdessaBones View Post
Is there something that will completely drive you away from dating someone, even if they may have seemed like a perfect match? Just curious to see what everyone's responses are.
smoking, tattoos and lack of passion/drive to be great at something. Those are my top 3.

Old 10-18-2016, 03:09 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,265,079 times
ive got high standards....

I should be able to dead lift her..... and she was born a female and maintained

dealbreakers.... hmmm
I can handle smokers, x prostitutes, gold-diggers, dog haters....anti hunters, and witches ,

but the deal breaker for me is .... being a self righteous vegan!!!!

Old 10-18-2016, 03:59 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,933,724 times
Quote:
Is there something that will completely drive you away from dating someone, even if they may have seemed like a perfect match? Just curious to see what everyone's responses are.
I definitely have preferences, but the only things I can think of right now that would cause me to not consider a relationship with someone is if they are of a faith that does not adhere to the Westminster Confessions of Faith and/or if they presently engage in violent acts (such as hitting people or sexually assaulting them). (There may be a few more, but my mind's drawing a blank on the rest of them).

Old 10-18-2016, 06:15 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,932,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
ive got high standards....

I should be able to dead lift her..... and she was born a female and maintained

dealbreakers.... hmmm
I can handle smokers, x prostitutes, gold-diggers, dog haters....anti hunters, and witches ,

but the deal breaker for me is .... being a self righteous vegan!!!!
I've known quite a few self righteous vegan types, and I'd actually be shocked if any of them would have even dated a non-vegan person.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:18 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,024,941 times
I get the proper food part. I care more about that than being physically fit, actually. It isn't just about maintaining wait, but subscribing to a long term healthly lifestyle. That diet that worked just find in one's 20s and 30 becomes unmanageable as one gets older, and there are many other health concerns beyond weight.

I've known plenty of thin / fit looking people that are in bad shape. No thanks.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:24 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,932,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I get the proper food part. I care more about that than being physically fit, actually. It isn't just about maintaining wait, but subscribing to a long term healthly lifestyle. That diet that worked just find in one's 20s and 30 becomes unmanageable as one gets older, and there are many other health concerns beyond weight.

I've known plenty of thin / fit looking people that are in bad shape. No thanks.
I guess I can understand this position.

I don't exactly eat unhealthy, though I don't eat particularly healthy either.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:29 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,970,942 times
CDaholics!

Old 10-18-2016, 06:35 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,701,854 times
Quote:
Just a couple.
  • Metabolically challenged
  • Intellectually challenged
  • Financially challenged
  • Dentally challenged
  • Verbally challenged
  • Bad smells
  • Bad table manners
  • Bad feet
  • Bad hygiene
  • Doesn't like outdoors
  • Myers-Briggs begins with E (in most cases)
  • Claims to be "really nice"
  • Big truck, no ranch
  • Passive-aggressive
  • Slob
  • Know-it-all
  • Accountant or lawyer (both argue constantly; one about money, the other about everything)
  • East Coaster
  • Falling down drunk (regular moderate boozers are fine though)
  • Afraid to fly
  • Bad driver
  • Afraid of water
  • Does not like cars
  • Religious wacko
  • Political extremist
  • Against firearm ownership

I have more

Old 10-18-2016, 06:38 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,024,941 times
Lack of chemistry
Lack of compatibility

That is 99% of everything.

Of course, without those two, they wouldn't seem like a "perfect match", except on paper in the first place.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:51 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,630,651 times
Quote:
No. It would take a lot for me to lose interest in someone who I felt was a perfect match, assuming that the interest was mutual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships