Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 05:26 AM

24,565 posts, read 18,318,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarkPhotoBooth View Post
Eh....While I'm sure the two often go together, decline in sex drive is a different variable than decline in partner's skills. The study was clearly studying the former, not the latter.
It's pretty easy to blame menopause when the root cause is not working at the relationship every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 05:37 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,409,246 times
Most women who like sex are HAVING sex in a relationship. If a woman DOESN'T like sex, chances are she WON'T be seeking out a relationship. So the odds are against you - shoulda put a ring on it back in your 30's!

Old 11-08-2016, 06:30 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,328,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
No expert here but I don't think age is the primary factor.

My wife has very little sex drive (wasn't always like that). We are both in our mid-40s. A friend of mine is in her early 50s and still has a very active sex life.... always has

I would say keep lookin.

Yeah. Good advice. It's as individual as shoe size.

I have heard that once they go through the change (can happen anywhere from 35-58), they pretty much lose the sex drive they had unless on a hormone replacement program.

I have heard of young women tricking males into marriage with lots of sex-- only to show true "cold fish" colors immediately after nuptials.

And I have heard of young women waiting until marriage and then cutting loose and becoming nympho-like.

Like I said, it is about the individual selected/chosen. Choose wisely!

Old 11-08-2016, 09:33 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,043,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Men and women reach their sexual peaks between their late teens and early 20s, before it slowly starts to decline with age. Typically, sex is a sign of health, but if we stop having it on the regular, we can lose it if we don't use it
Sex among older people is a subject that people don't talk about much. So there is a the widespread assumption that seniors lose interest in sex and are, or should be, asexual. But there is no age limit on sexuality and sexual activity, only (quite often) judgmental attitudes which prevent many older people from moving in with each other or having their partner over.
When a woman stops having sex, over a period of time, her body will decide to decrease the amount of hormones, and therefore tell her that she is not aroused nor does she have the desire for sex.
So my guess is - you are dating those women...
I agree with this. I was unstoppable in my teens, 20's and early to mid 30's. Then I went a year without it and ever since, I have no desire. I could live without it just fine to at this point.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
OP needs to define sex drive. Is he looking for sex multiple times per week? Or multiple times per day?

Some of us have plenty of sex drive, but we also have other demands on our time.

What is OP not accomplishing during all that time he's having sex? Neglecting the chores, maybe?

Some men 'self-medicate' with sex to avoid thinking about other things.

And, a woman's interest in sex will drop dramatically if a man makes it clear that is ALL he is interested in. It's at worst, insulting, at best, just boring.
This to...

The last guy I dated wanted it 2-3 times a day. I had no time for that. I have real stuff to do and kids to raise. I also am done with wanting to reproduce so that slowed down desires...

Old 11-08-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Dog may be man's best friend, batteries are a girl's.
My dog is my very best friend in the world. He listens better than the kids and it will be a very sad time for me if he passes.

He is also the most reliable man I have ever had in my life, with the exception of my father.

Old 11-08-2016, 03:34 PM

971 posts, read 690,661 times
They say they are out there, but i never found one. I met two who claimed they "loved" sex, but they only loved it for a brief time. I have found from my experiences in the area i live, the 45+ ladies could care less about sex. Actually had one tell me i didn't "work hard enough to get it" and i had to laugh. Sorry, but i never "worked" to get sex.

The 50+ women i have run across want to be wined and dined and have you "earn" sex with them. Sorry, not my style. I will gladly spend money to eat, drink etc but i am not doing it with the expectation of sex.

This is why i get along so well with the 25-45 gals. No expectations of anything. So happy to go out and have a good time and sex comes willingly and naturally. Conversations are usually easy too as i date compatible people who are interested in the same outdoor activities as me.

I never understood older guys who say they can't carry a conversation with younger women. I am the opposite. A lot of women my age bore me or want to discuss things i have no interest in..

If you are having no luck in the age range you have been dating, i suggest trying younger. There is no shortage of younger women who like older guys where i live.

Old 11-08-2016, 03:41 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,110,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
It's pretty easy to blame menopause when the root cause is not working at the relationship every day.
This. My comment was not so much about "skills" (though that could explain it, if the OP ever even gets to that stage. That's what we don't know). It was about how he treats women in general, how he relates.

Old 11-08-2016, 03:51 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,110,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
They say they are out there, but i never found one. I met two who claimed they "loved" sex, but they only loved it for a brief time. I have found from my experiences in the area i live, the 45+ ladies could care less about sex. Actually had one tell me i didn't "work hard enough to get it" and i had to laugh. Sorry, but i never "worked" to get sex.

The 50+ women i have run across want to be wined and dined and have you "earn" sex with them. Sorry, not my style. I will gladly spend money to eat, drink etc but i am not doing it with the expectation of sex.

This is why i get along so well with the 25-45 gals. No expectations of anything. So happy to go out and have a good time and sex comes willingly and naturally. Conversations are usually easy too as i date compatible people who are interested in the same outdoor activities as me.

I never understood older guys who say they can't carry a conversation with younger women. I am the opposite. A lot of women my age bore me or want to discuss things i have no interest in..

If you are having no luck in the age range you have been dating, i suggest trying younger. There is no shortage of younger women who like older guys where i live.
You realize there's more to life and to conversations than outdoor activities, right? A guy who could only discuss that wouldn't last long with me. A guy whose idea of dating was about wining and dining wouldn't last long, either.

And judging by many posts and several discussions on this forum, guys talk a lot about their "high" sex drives, but when you get down to it, they say that 3-4 times/week is enough, they can't handle more. And we're talking mainly guys in their 20's! So IDK, y'all, IMO you should be careful what you wish for. 45 is WAY too early to hang it up for sex, I have no idea where you're finding these women. I can only guess that at least some of them just aren't that into you (addressing mainly the OP, here, but if the shoe fits, wear it). Maybe the raring-to-go ones are avoiding you, or maybe you're avoiding them, because you're still looking for the hot-looking ones? If you narrow your pool to that extent, IDK, but you may be stacking the odds against you.

I think if men bought into fewer stereotypes, there would me a lot more happy men and women. Just my 2 cents.

Old 11-08-2016, 03:57 PM

1,504 posts, read 853,213 times
Being 66 years old and having raised four children then living alone for a bit...I met a very interesting woman. She was 44 at the time and I was 64... well talk about drive...that woman will be vital and active till she is 80...she just really loves men and me in particular. I think the issue is attraction . If the woman actually likes and loves you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships