Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 01:07 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I wouldn't just wait until next week.

You are the guy, so show a little initiative with something like "hope you are having a nice day" text or "just saw a .... and was thinking of you." (insert the kind of car she drives, or the kind of dog she has or whatever.
That doesn't work in America. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 01:08 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroX View Post
I'm not going to bug anyone. If I act right away it may backfire.
Dude, are you not reading what people are saying? My comment wasn't to act, you already acted. Move on. F the "holding pattern". You asked. It's on her.

Move on and live your darn life.

Old 11-08-2016, 01:10 PM

83 posts, read 87,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Dude, are you not reading what people are saying? My comment wasn't to act, you already acted. Move on. F the "holding pattern". You asked. It's on her.

Move on and live your darn life.
for some reason I don't think I have been completey shut out, some other think so to. It could be legit

Old 11-08-2016, 01:11 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
I wont ask in a week or even two week or maybe three. I'm going to make small talk and see how it goes. Then decide If I will try again
I didn't say "ask!" I said you'll know if she contacts you. In other words, wait. If you don't hear from her then you have your answer and it's time to move on.

A little patience can go a long way.

Old 11-08-2016, 01:11 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
No. But I do think I could have jumped the gun just yet. I'm going to be in holding pattern
"I have a condom, you busy?"

That's jumping the gun.

Ask somebody else out for coffee. Why even someone less attractive. Heck, maybe you'll bump into her and she will see you are not waiting around.

Old 11-08-2016, 01:12 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
for some reason I don't think I have been completey shut out, some other think so to. It could be legit
It is irrelevant. Why are you not getting that? You acted. It is up to her to make the next move. So time to move ahead.

I swear, you're sounding like the dude on here that went on for months about a woman he thought he had a chance with at the gym. It was crazeeeee.

Buy a clue. They're cheap.

Old 11-08-2016, 01:30 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

Buy a clue. They're cheap.
I don't know, some clues have to be sharp to get through a thicker barrier. Those are more expensive.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:40 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
"I have a condom, you busy?"
Oh geez, so that was YOU.

I always knew we'd run into one another again...

Yes, OP. Simply asking for coffee is not jumping the gun. BUT you know what's going on. She is calling you, IF she still wants the date. If she doesn't, she isn't calling. It is that simple and none of us is psychic and can tell you any more than that.

Old 11-08-2016, 04:34 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Isn't a "coffee date" like an afternoon type thing? *Super-busy* people probably work all day or have school, hobbies, housework, errands, kids or whatever, so don't necessarily have room to squeeze in a recreational coffee meetup into their day.. it just sounds tedious.

Guess I figure dinner/drinks is always the better option. Nobody's too busy to eat, lol. And what woman turns down wine? Lol- Tell me that doesn't sound great right about now!

Old 11-08-2016, 05:08 PM

83 posts, read 87,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Isn't a "coffee date" like an afternoon type thing? *Super-busy* people probably work all day or have school, hobbies, housework, errands, kids or whatever, so don't necessarily have room to squeeze in a recreational coffee meetup into their day.. it just sounds tedious.

Guess I figure dinner/drinks is always the better option. Nobody's too busy to eat, lol. And what woman turns down wine? Lol- Tell me that doesn't sound great right about now!
So what are you saying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships