Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How should I respond?
Just move on. 24 64.86%
Tell her to reschedule if she wants to 8 21.62%
Schedule another date with her myself as a final chance 5 13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 02:04 PM

22 posts, read 37,630 times

Advertisements

So I was walking with this girl yesterday who was my lab partner for this semester. We've became pretty good friends in class and got along very well. We've already finished our final lab for the semester, so we won't be working together in class anymore, so I decided to ask her out that moment. I first asked her: Hey do you wanna have dinner with me this weekend? She said depending on if she has time, then yes. I then narrowed it down to Saturday night, saying that time works best for me, and then, she said she said most likely, she's free Sat. night too so yes. About 24 hours before the date, I told her of the specifics, and asked if she still willing to go, and she said that her friend's birthday is Saturday so she couldn't make it. She didn't offer any alternate dates or anything. Obviously I'm disappointed, and I feel like that I should just drop her and move on. Before I commit to my decision, though, what do you guys think I should do? How should I respond? Should I move on, tell her to reschedule herself if/when she wants to, or schedule another date with her one more time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 02:07 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsgrad2013 View Post
So I was walking with this girl yesterday who was my lab partner for this semester. We've became pretty good friends in class and got along very well. We've already finished our final lab for the semester, so we won't be working together in class anymore, so I decided to ask her out that moment. I first asked her: Hey do you wanna have dinner with me this weekend? She said depending on if she has time, then yes. I then narrowed it down to Saturday night, saying that time works best for me, and then, she said she said most likely, she's free Sat. night too so yes. About 24 hours before the date, I told her of the specifics, and asked if she still willing to go, and she said that her friend's birthday is Saturday so she couldn't make it. She didn't offer any alternate dates or anything. Obviously I'm disappointed, and I feel like that I should just drop her and move on. Before I commit to my decision, though, what do you guys think I should do? How should I respond? Should I move on, tell her to reschedule herself if/when she wants to, or schedule another date with her one more time?
Anytime a girl tells you "depending on if I have time", she's probably not into going out with you. Flaking on you after giving you a flaky yes in the first place pretty much seals the deal. Add to that not offering an alternative to the flake-off and you can consider it dead.

Just leave this one alone.

Old 11-19-2016, 02:12 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times
I agree. The b.s. "If I have time" or "We'll see" or the dreaded "I'll think about it" are kisses of death. She's not that interested. Move on.

Old 11-19-2016, 02:14 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
I think she's probably not interested. Because she tells you she's probably free. Then later says her friend's birthday is Sat. Something fishy about that, because how does she not know when her friend's birthday is until 24 hours before it? Unless this "friend" is someone just just met that day. lol

So I say move on. She was just too awkward to come out and say "I only wanna be friends" or "I'm not interested."

Old 11-19-2016, 02:15 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,905,224 times
Should have struck earlier, during class when you first met - now she sees you as a class partner and not much more than that

Old 11-19-2016, 02:30 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
She has your number, so I would just ask her to give you a call if she wants to get together. This serves to put the ball in her court, but it also sends a message that if she doesn't call, you aren't going to pine over her. It make you a little hard to get.

Old 11-19-2016, 02:30 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,693 times
From a lot of experience, that usually means in most cases that they aren't interested in you.

Can't hurt to let her have you know when a good time would be. If she never responses back, then you have your answer.

Old 11-19-2016, 02:32 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsgrad2013 View Post
Move on. She second guessed her decision to take your school peer relationship into the dating arena. You should too.

Old 11-19-2016, 03:17 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,058,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
I agree. The b.s. "If I have time" or "We'll see" or the dreaded "I'll think about it" are kisses of death. She's not that interested. Move on.
Yes, "We'll see" - it doesn't really mean anything, does it?! It's usually said to fob you off.

Old 11-19-2016, 03:22 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,058,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I think she's probably not interested. Because she tells you she's probably free. Then later says her friend's birthday is Sat. Something fishy about that, because how does she not know when her friend's birthday is until 24 hours before it? Unless this "friend" is someone just just met that day. lol

So I say move on. She was just too awkward to come out and say "I only wanna be friends" or "I'm not interested."
The 'forgetting' of the friend's birthday was suspicious! She could've also said that she couldn't make it this Saturday, but would like to meet next Saturday (or something like that).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships