Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 01:41 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,973,777 times

Advertisements

Not to undermine anyone but are now the playing fields even when it comes to feminization vs masculinization of online dating profile pics? I understand that some find it in poor taste for a man to pose shirtless. However, i have been noticing quite a few images of women, not only posing in fitness attire, but rather performing various crossfit activities such as huge tire lifting. Do men find this to be in poor taste and should they?

So what does this say about how the dynamics have changed in today's dating society? Who are these crossfit females attempting to attract and how does it change the view of men? Can men post shirtless physique pics to attract like minded female fitness buffs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 04:38 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,031,867 times
Who cares? There are all kinds of people out there. This particular woman probably wants a Crossfit guy, or at least a guy for whom this type of fitness is part of his overall lifestyle. In that case, yes, it makes sense for her to "pose" in these ways. She is specific about what she wants.

If she changed her "poses" to something else maybe she'd attract more total guys (theoretically?) but again, so what? She'd be attracting guys who aren't into Crossfit and would have to turn them down anyway, and would probably NOT be attracting as many of the Crossfit guys as before when she was advertising it, so to speak, so net: she'd actually have fewer legitimate prospects than previously.

I say she should keep it up. This is who she is and what she wants. Same with a Crossfit (or whatever athletics) guy, who would totally turn me off but if it's a non-negotiable for him, yes, the whole shirtless, working out thing is probably necessary for him to get the point across loud and clear. So there you go.

Old 12-11-2016, 05:33 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,399,542 times
A shirtless male MIGHT be paralleled by a woman in shorts and crop top.....A woman flipping a tire in "regular" exercise wear might be the same as a guy in a tshirt and shorts doing pullups or pushups?

They're both pretty blatant attempts at physicality but you can like it or leave it.

Old 12-11-2016, 06:34 PM

48,556 posts, read 34,920,300 times
I have no problem with that. I suppose it's a step up from a frat party with a beer bong.

You should put pics of stuff you are into, even if it is cliche, or boring, or whatevers.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-12-2016, 01:25 AM

914 posts, read 738,828 times
A topless photo isn't really the same as a photo of somebody exercising in gym clothing

Old 12-12-2016, 03:35 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,617,505 times
She's saying "Look at what I'm into. It'd be cool if you were into the same."

A guy taking a shirtless bathroom mirror selfie is just a horrible, horrible person.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:39 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,966,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
A topless photo isn't really the same as a photo of somebody exercising in gym clothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post

A guy taking a shirtless bathroom mirror selfie is just a horrible, horrible person.
I think a topless woman in front of a bathroom mirror is ok.

Old 12-12-2016, 10:03 AM

48,556 posts, read 34,920,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post

H

He is saying the same thing: Look what I'm into: ME. It would be cool if you were into the same.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-12-2016, 10:10 AM

20,770 posts, read 19,998,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Not to undermine anyone but are now the playing fields even when it comes to feminization vs masculinization of online dating profile pics? I understand that some find it in poor taste for a man to pose shirtless. However, i have been noticing quite a few images of women, not only posing in fitness attire, but rather performing various crossfit activities such as huge tire lifting. Do men find this to be in poor taste and should they?

So what does this say about how the dynamics have changed in today's dating society? Who are these crossfit females attempting to attract and how does it change the view of men? Can men post shirtless physique pics to attract like minded female fitness buffs?
I don't think a fitness pic is on the same level as a shirtless pic.

Just a wild guess: I think that fit females attempt to attract fit men.

Do you rather see a pic with a woman sitting in a restaurant, shoving a burger into her face?

Old 12-12-2016, 10:31 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,483,628 times
I think the female equivalent of the male shirtless selfie in the bathroom mirror is more along the lines of a woman wearing a tight shirt in a selfie, showing cleavage, with duck lips... in the bathroom mirror.

The problem with those mirror selfies is it screams, "look at my body date my body" and is shallow. It gives the impression that the person in the selfie only wants a hookup so much so that they can't even ask friends to take a picture. Plus, it seems like most of them have messy bathrooms with mirrors flecked with toothpaste or something (ok maybe I'm the only one who see that and thinks "yuck").

The male equivalent of the female crossfit would be the guy working out too: the marathon runner pic, the mountain climber pic, the bike trail pic, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships