Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 12:05 PM

7 posts, read 4,079 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My name is Jonathan, 18 years old, and to come straight to the point.. my girlfriend broke up with me last thursday..

We've had a relationship for the past 3 years and I just don't understand why she broke up with me, it's just not fair in my eyes.

So.. how did this all happen?

You can read the story below or watch my video where I explain the situation: Mod cut: link deleted.

last week I had a feeling something was not alright, she was acting very dry and cold, so I asked her.. has it ANYTHING to do with me?
We've made a promise to each other that she would tell me if ANYTHING bothers her, so we could work on it and prevent a break up. (she has communication issues and she finds it hard to speak openly to me)

So when I asked her if it had ANYTHING to do with me last thursday she said no.
I said, are you sure because it doesn't seem like it? She said yes, i'm sure.
So I was really happy it had nothing to do with me, and so we could work on it.. I thought.

Not even 2 hours later she broke up with me and this came as a TOTAL SHOCK!

She gave me a few reasons:
- She was very busy with combining school/work/internship and was very tired all the time. Even the moments we were together she was very tired. She thinks she has more time in the future, but that's wrong. It's gonna get even worse. If you really love someone time isn't an issue but she doesn't see that..

- We've had some relationship issues in the past that she cannot forget about, she for example cheated on me (no seks, only kissing and talking with someone else) and I've said some things what really have hurt her.
We both regret these things our deepest.

- She always came to our house I never came to visit her at her dads house (this has a reason).

In general she said ''I need to choose for myself now, I need to work on myself).
I asked her if it was all my fault why she broke up or if it had other reasons where I couldn't do anything about as well?
She said no, it's not only you..

We've kept contact with each other until yesterday because I told her I can't be friends with her.

About the reasons she broke up with me.
First of all if you're busy with school/work and all that, NORMALLY you look forward to the times you can be with your lover, we saw each other every weekend.. also if you're in a situation like this supporting each other is very important so I don't understand why she breaks up with me.
And the reason I didn't visit her at her dads place is a long story.. I've tried visitting her where she lived but she didn't quite like her parents (her parents are divorced and live seperately), so I didn't felt like visiting her there and she agreed on that with me. In the hard times for her she was at our place every single day, she got a lot of power and support from our family, but luckily for her this has changed in the years, she has now a good relationship with her dad (where she lives) and now, after all this time, she doesn't like it that I don't visit her at her dads place, but this is because it has been this way from the beginning, it's strange and hard for me to visit her at her dads place after all this time. But I told her it's not a problem, that shouldn't be a reason you break up with me because I want to work on that as well.

So after explaining the situation a bit, now my question is.. will she miss me eventually? will she come back? what do I need to do? should I contact her after some time even if I told her no contact is the best?
I just thought breaking the contact between us lets her see what she threw away and maybe miss me eventually.

Thank in advance!

- Jonathan

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-29-2016 at 12:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 12:11 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
Mod cut.

To the OP--you are 18. That's very young. The fact that you dated for 3 years is a bit unusual at your age. The fact that she broke it off, given your youth, not that unusual.

No one here is a mind reader. We don't know if she'll miss you or come back. Probably not though.

You don't need to do anything except live your life without her.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-29-2016 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 12-29-2016, 12:12 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Are you both still in high school, Jonathan?

Old 12-29-2016, 12:12 PM

345 posts, read 276,431 times
You made a video about your breakup?

Back in my day we just sat in our bedrooms listening to The Smiths and writing horrible poetry.

Times have changed.

Old 12-29-2016, 12:13 PM

yes we are

Old 12-29-2016, 12:14 PM

I am a YouTuber, it's part of my job..

Old 12-29-2016, 12:19 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
She turned 18 I assume and some older dude is lusting for her.

She kept you around for holiday presents and is dumping you to go after this older dude.

Enjoy your youth and don't bother wondering why you guys broke up.

You'll be in college soon and she will be a distant memory.

Old 12-29-2016, 12:24 PM

1,843 posts, read 3,058,562 times
You're young...you have plenty of time to find the right person. Go to college and enjoy yourself (it is SOO much more fun when you go into it single )

Old 12-29-2016, 01:21 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan10 View Post
I am a YouTuber, it's part of my job..
So you thought it was a good idea to share her personal business across your YouTube audience?

That was... unwise.

Old 12-29-2016, 02:45 PM

I asked her for permission, I even send her the script and asked her if I needed to change anything. it might not be a wise decision but my fans are helping me through this and it's my job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships