Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 07:08 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times

Advertisements

I'm pretty hard to embarrass so thought it was funny but it did make the more straight laced lady blush when I introduced her to my "Friend" and she politely asked "How do you know each other?"
Before I could say anything he answered....
"Mostly horizontally"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 09:48 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,893,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I can't imagine why anyone would want to be with a person who didn't return their interest.
Some people are interested in "the chase". It's hard-wired in our brains.

Old 12-31-2016, 03:33 PM

1,440 posts, read 4,417,868 times
Awkward but kind of funny too.

Had the perfect place picked out for a rendezvous with the then girlfriend. Dead end one lane country road surrounded by acres of scrub land. Quiet summer Monday night, late. Just knew nobody was going to be out there although the weekend's were always crazy nuts with car parties at a pullover spot or two.

Headed down to the end, nobody anywhere along the mile or so, perfect. Started the drive out maybe an hour later and saw a car parked up ahead. Figured somebody else had the same idea, no biggie. Turned the corner and the lights of a dozen or so cars and trucks came on, horns started to blow, people started to cheer and shout my name. Seems everybody decided to celebrate another friend's birthday out in one of the fields and somebody had spotted my custom Ford over the hill.

The girlfriend, an out of towner, sunk as low into the floorboards as she could, somebody handed me a beer through the window as I drove by, a couple of the local girls peaked in and asked if I was coming back for them. Oh my.......

Never did see that girl again for some reason.

Old 01-01-2017, 05:59 PM

602 posts, read 396,061 times
It was 2ND year of college. My now-ex and I were messing around in his bedroom (he had an apartment style set-up with roommates). He finally found the "spot" and I was ... um... very appreciative and 100% in the moment. This went on for maybe 5 or so minutes. When that was finished, I realized that all 5 of his dorm mates were home... and they had guests! I ran out of there so fast. Thank God none of them made eye contact with me.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:13 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
I wore my shirt inside out and went down and met my boss for breakfast. He was just smiling without telling me anything. When I got back to my hotel room, I realized the mistake. Yelp, the guy was chasing after me, he was my boss, but no hanky pinky at work or at this trip.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:41 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Yeah, I'm definitely not, lol. If a woman makes it clear that she isn't interested, the chase/courtship or whatever is over, lol. Rather put that time into going after a woman that returns my interest.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:47 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
I hate the chase. If a woman looks annoyed when I say hi then the rapport ends.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:22 PM

17 posts, read 13,366 times
My most awkward experience with the opposite sex was well when I was like I want to say 7 or 8 years old? It was way before I even knew what sex was.

A neighbor girl had a crush on me and would follow me around everywhere. Like my shadow, always around me all day. We were playing in my room and I had to change clothes. I went into a closet to change clothes because I was getting naked and she followed me into the closet and talked to me while I got naked undressed and changed into a new set of clothes. I was going into the closet to get some privacy while I changed clothes, but she followed me right in. She thought nothing of it and like my shadow continued to follow me around all day and talk to me.

I didn't think of much of it at that time as a kid, but as I got older I found it rather odd

Old 01-05-2017, 07:19 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
So when I had my first eye exam I didn't know what to expect.

This very attractive gal in a mini skirt suit calls my name to go with her.

Through the exam she shuts the lights off and gets really close to my face as we are talking about this being my first exam.

So I say, "This isn't so bad."
She then says, "The hardest part is to make to come."

Old 01-07-2017, 06:37 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,823 times
I hope this one makes you feel better about yourselves.

When I was 11, I was walking home from school and I had to blow my nose. I decided to do the "Irish hankerchief" that I had seen some homeless guy on the street do a while back. It was wildly unsuccessful. I had a goober hanging about a foot long when this guy bumped into me. He said "Eww."

And then there was the time in 5th grade that I farted right in front of my crush.

I have stepped up my game considerably since then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships