Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 09:58 AM

5 posts, read 5,017 times

Advertisements

I have always got run over in my romantic life and friendships. The issue is i let minor things slide or give people the benefit of the doubt and they think they can do anything and do something major.

Fast Forward, to my first date of the new years. Met her on Okcupid.

First Date planned at 8. She flaked and said she hates to do this, but she was planning on seeing her terminal friend this weekend. and her friend took the turn for the worse. and wants to see her sooner. Can we reschedule

My Thought Process: It does not bother because we havent met yet and it was a 1st date on a friday night. I did think it was a sketchy excuse, but whatever.

She hits me up 3 days later and ask me out. We go on two dates and we have a good time. She texted me after that i was an amazing person and thanks for tonight.

I text her sunday and she is extremely responsive. texting back long responses. i ask her out for Thursday.I text her in between a few times.

Thursday rolls around, Im driving to pick her up as she lives 25 minutes away. I get a text from her saying that her friends car broke down on the side of the road and she is running ridicolously behind!

So i ask, "how much later? Need to reschedule?"

She replies "Maybe reschedule", so im like ok, let me know if you need help, id be happy to drive up. And she text me back "Thank you. the guy is here."

Question: In the past, I would of taken her for her word and text her a few day slater and tried again. However, in the present with my new boundaries, i think i should delete her number. Also, i think from her text responses after she flaked the 2nd time, that i shouldnt respond to her either.

Is my thought process correct here? Or am i nexting someone as an over reaction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 10:01 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,421 times
First issue: okcupid

Old 01-06-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
First issue: okcupid
yes, i am getting off the online dating sites. As i feel like it encorouages this type of behavior for some people. this was the last number in my phone that i was going to see play out

Old 01-06-2017, 10:08 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkin242 View Post
yes, i am getting off the online dating sites. As i feel like it encorouages this type of behavior for some people. this was the last number in my phone that i was going to see play out
I was being somewhat of an aZZ but now I'm being very supportive. That is a very smart move and will greatly add to your dating life in QUALITY over quantity.

I'm proud of you. Pat yourself in the back as that is a small victory in the journey of life.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:08 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
I have always got run over in my romantic life and friendships. The issue is i let minor things slide or give people the benefit of the doubt and they think they can do anything and do something major.

Fast Forward, to my first date of the new years. Met her on Okcupid.

First Date planned at 8. She flaked and said she hates to do this, but she was planning on seeing her terminal friend this weekend. and her friend took the turn for the worse. and wants to see her sooner. Can we reschedule

My Thought Process: It does not bother because we havent met yet and it was a 1st date on a friday night. I did think it was a sketchy excuse, but whatever.

She hits me up 3 days later and ask me out. We go on two dates and we have a good time. She texted me after that i was an amazing person and thanks for tonight.

I text her sunday and she is extremely responsive. texting back long responses. i ask her out for Thursday.I text her in between a few times.

Thursday rolls around, Im driving to pick her up as she lives 25 minutes away. I get a text from her saying that her friends car broke down on the side of the road and she is running ridicolously behind!

So i ask, "how much later? Need to reschedule?"

She replies "Maybe reschedule", so im like ok, let me know if you need help, id be happy to drive up. And she text me back "Thank you. the guy is here."

Question: In the past, I would of taken her for her word and text her a few day slater and tried again. However, in the present with my new boundaries, i think i should delete her number. Also, i think from her text responses after she flaked the 2nd time, that i shouldnt respond to her either.

Is my thought process correct here? Or am i nexting someone as an over reaction
Firstly, she didn't " flake". She had a very sick friend take a turn for the worse. Jesus would YOU ignore your friend if it were you???

Definitely over reacting.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:11 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
She flaked and said she hates to do this, but she was planning on seeing her terminal friend this weekend.
Im driving to pick her up as she lives 25 minutes away. I get a text from her saying that her friends car broke down on the side of the road
Next!

Flaking twice in one week is not cool.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Firstly, she didn't " flake". She had a very sick friend take a turn for the worse. Jesus would YOU ignore your friend if it were you???

that was her excuse the first time. and i didnt care/didnt think twice of it.

but once again, i got an outlandish excuse again. this makes me wonder if she just double books. how short her text were with "maybe reschedule" seems like things you woulud text if you were on a date and didnt want to be rude

Old 01-06-2017, 10:14 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
that was her excuse the first time. and i didnt care/didnt think twice of it.

but once again, i got an outlandish excuse again. this makes me wonder if she just double books. how short her text were with "maybe reschedule" seems like things you woulud text if you were on a date and didnt want to be rude
I don't see it that way. If you think these things don't happen to people, then you have a very calm life. I've had to cancel/reschedule dates many many times over the years. **** happens.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:41 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

THIS!!!!!

OP I always give people benefit of the doubt until they give me an ACTUAL reason not to

The way to look at it is if she was going to flake she would have done it after the first time she couldn't make it and certainly wouldn't have got back in touch and been so responsive

Old 01-06-2017, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
THIS!!!!!

OP I always give people benefit of the doubt until they give me an ACTUAL reason not to

The way to look at it is if she was going to flake she would have done it after the first time she couldn't make it and certainly wouldn't have got back in touch and been so responsive
lol. the first date isnt a marriage proposal. people can flake after the first date

im normally the same as you, but i got burned a few times and look back and see how i could of avoided all of that mess
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships