Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 12:20 PM

2 posts, read 1,596 times

Advertisements

I have been a long time reader, first time poster on this forum. I read so many different topics about individuals talking about dating that I just laugh sometimes.

People, dating isn't really that complicated. If a girl/guy likes you they will let you know. There won't be any forms of ambiguity (maybe, we'll see, I have to check at another time). If they cancel a date on you at any point of a relationship without rescheduling, they are not interested in you.

As a man, if you chase a woman you're only hurting yourself. Don't make matters worse. There are millions of other single women/men out there who won't jerk you around and beat around the bush.

I also learned the simple cardinal rule of dating a long time ago. All women will make themselves available if interested. Don't let other people tell you to give her a chance and that they are going through this and that.

If they don't make themselves available who cares, let them come to you and find another girl who will make themselves available to you. It's that simple. This way you can be around a woman who really cares about you and you only. Why would you want to be with a woman who was once wishy washy and indecisive about you? Youre giving the woman what she wants (mostly likely attention) and you're not getting nothing in return except stress and heartbreak.

My longest relationship was with a woman who never beat around the bush with me, always contacted me to setup or confirm a date, did things for me, answered my texts promptly. There was literally no games involved. Relationships are a partnership. It's also not that complex as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 12:41 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,404,501 times
Agreed.

As I've gotten older, I've mostly learned when a woman is truly interested or not.

Old 03-07-2017, 12:45 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,404,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.bjones2 View Post
I read so many different topics about individuals talking about dating that I just laugh sometimes.
Me too.

I sincerely believe it has to do with technology. Back in the old days, we had no choice but to get to know people face-to-face. We had relationships with real people, not usernames.

Now, people don't know how to take a sentence, because they aren't standing there seeing their face. They get online and talk to someone and suddenly they think this is love, when they've never even met in person, or talked on the phone.

It's quite sad, really.

Old 03-07-2017, 01:12 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Me too.

I sincerely believe it has to do with technology. Back in the old days, we had no choice but to get to know people face-to-face. We had relationships with real people, not usernames.

Now, people don't know how to take a sentence, because they aren't standing there seeing their face. They get online and talk to someone and suddenly they think this is love, when they've never even met in person, or talked on the phone.

It's quite sad, really.
One of those people responded to a post like yours once, snarkily, "Since when do you have to be in the same room as someone else for it to be a relationship?"

Um.....

Obviously, the definition of "relationship" has changed....?!

Old 03-07-2017, 01:23 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,717,577 times
From what I've seen here, I think a lot of the ones who posted about the topics you mentioned are just very insecure and aren't confident in making their own choices. Getting second opinions on something only that person can deal with only causes confusion.

I know it's a LITTLE difficult to think clearly when you like someone, I myself have a little trouble defining my feelings towards certain people sometimes (however, that usually just means I'm thinking into too much.) I agree with a lot of what you said. It shouldn't be as hard as some people make it out to be.

As far as falling in love with someone online, I've gone through something similar, it's all fantasy. People are going to define their relationships the way they want to. They'll interpret the real meaning of the word in the way they wish to.

Old 03-07-2017, 01:41 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,946,475 times
A lot of people put their best foot forward but it's not them.

Once the 'best foot forward' wears off the other person is in love with the 'best foot' already. Now it's just a matter of when will that first impression person resurface?

So, be honest and upfront. Chances are they may like some of you quirks.

MHO

Old 03-07-2017, 02:16 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,189,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Me too.

It's quite sad, really.
Like stated here. Some start sending messages online for a while, and calling the person their boyfriend / girlfriend. In older days, I think that's what a pen-pal was, and people didn't get it mixed up with a SO.

I don't think technology is the issue, so much as people who abuse it. There were probably naysayers whom complained when telephones, or certain ones, came along because "we had to meet up and talk face to face, no sit around on a phone."

But despite having phones, people still made time to go out and be with people. So I think it's another issue, rather than technology which has got more people growing up clueless about the real world, and things they should be paying attention to, vs. minor things or stuff in their head.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:24 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,468,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.bjones2 View Post
Relationships are a partnership. It's also not that complex as well.
Relationships should be a partnership but a true relationship leading to a partnership is very complex and takes a lot of hard work on both parts to attain and maintain one, especially for the long haul. They really can't be minimized and taken for granted. There is nothing simple about emotions.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:25 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,344,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Relationships should be a partnership but a true relationship leading to a partnership is very complex and takes a lot of hard work on both parts to attain and maintain one, especially for the long haul. They really can't be minimized and taken for granted. There is nothing simple about emotions.
There are complexities to relationships. But some people do make it more complicated than it needs to be for many different reasons, some of which are understandable.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:58 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,303,481 times
Dating is complicated and tough. The idea of putting myself back out there excites me as much as going to a job fair or a bookstore. The dating script is all the same:

"What do you do for a living? Really? Are you looking for a real job?" Ugh

I put my energy into work, go to school, hang out with my friends, and chill with my dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships