Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 07:46 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,898,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I'd be one rich if I had a dollar for the times I've heard "be open to life's possibilities" on this forum. Women aren't open to me, I've accepted it and have tried to deal best I can. Don't know what everyone here wants from me. My cynicism comes from repeated failures when I tried. Everyone has their limit, I've reached mine.
I think you want to figure out how to have a relationship, so you read and reply to relationship posts.

If you weren't interested you might be hanging out at red pill or mgtow. IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 07:52 AM

10,512 posts, read 7,105,744 times
Quote:
Oh brother, I'd be one rich if I had a dollar for the times I've heard "be open to life's possibilities" on this forum. Women aren't open to me, I've accepted it and have tried to deal best I can. Don't know what everyone here wants from me. My cynicism comes from repeated failures when I tried. Everyone has their limit, I've reached mine.
One day, if you stopped cultivating that woe-is-me hard-bitten persona, you might actually listen. You might have tried, but you haven't learned from your mistakes. Not that I know you personally, but I've known a lot of guys who sound identical to you.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:53 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,037,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Lot of assumptions being made here.....

You consider that life lonely but what if that person is perfectly happy and the life they are living is what they truly want? Would you call them delusional?

Yup (again).

I think that the real shame is that people view their own fulfillment in life and assume that others should feel the same way.

For some, having a lifetime monogamous relationship is not what fulfills them. For others, a "failed relationship" is way better than staying with an incompatible person for the rest of their life. And for others, the loneliest place they can be is tied to one person for the rest of their life.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:53 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,898,236 times
Quote:

You consider that life lonely but what if that person is perfectly happy and the life they are living is what they truly want? Would you call them delusional?

I don't think his(?) advice was for people who are upbeat, positive, seemingly well -adjusted, fall down get back up types like you. I'm happy alone, I don't come over here and say "relationships are a sham! Marriage ruins you life! Women Rob you blind!" So I didn't think about that applying to me.

Last edited by RbccL; 03-23-2017 at 08:23 AM..

Old 03-23-2017, 07:56 AM

26,709 posts, read 41,864,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I think you want to figure out how to have a relationship, so you read and reply to relationship posts.

If you weren't interested you might be hanging out at red pill or mgtow. IMO.
I'm not saying I'm disinterested and won't keep trying, I'm just starting to accept that a loving relationship is highly unlikely because women are just not attracted to me. I may never get a chance to prove myself inthis arena. Don't get me wrong I won't completely lose hope but I'm getting real about probability.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:

By their very presence and participation on this forum? Absolutely. The other thing to remember is the title of this thread: Love Doesn't Exist. Of course it does. I see it in almost all the couples in our circle of friends.

In that sense, if someone is continually hanging out on the Relationship forum and talking about how relationships are a bunch of baloney, it is a lie they tell themselves, one that fools no one.

If they were completely happy being on their own and didn't want a relationship, then they wouldn't be here in the first place. I'm sure there are forums on City Data pertaining to raising Corgis or woodworking or stamp collecting, too. But those subjects are not important to me, so I don't seek them out.

I mean, one of the posters above is constantly on here. A day doesn't pass where he doesn't have some sad sack story about how life has betrayed him and how no woman wants him. The guy practically wears sackcloth and ashes. Yet he never seems to understand that his cynicism isn't a product of his failed relationship but more likely the catalyst of them. Who wants to be tethered to a man or woman who is negative? Anyone?

Old 03-23-2017, 07:59 AM

8,925 posts, read 7,755,770 times
Quote:
I don't think her advice was for people who are upbeat, positive, seemingly well -adjusted, fall down get back up types like you. I'm happy alone, I don't come over here and say "relationships are a sham! Marriage ruins you life! Women Rob you blind!" So I didn't think about that applying to me.
True facts.

I just like to consider all the possibilities lol. I'm a psych major so I like to ask a lot of questions. Haha. The classes I'm taking are working I guess. But you're right. I'm not closed off to the experience but I'm not exactly going out of my way to find it either. It's just another one of those things that happen in life.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:03 AM

5,821 posts, read 3,905,696 times
Quote:
Oh brother, I'd be one rich if I had a dollar for the times I've heard "be open to life's possibilities" on this forum. Women aren't open to me, I've accepted it and have tried to deal best I can. Don't know what everyone here wants from me. My cynicism comes from repeated failures when I tried. Everyone has their limit, I've reached mine.
Word!

My beef in relationships isn't even with the women, but with the men. , right? I saw perfectly fun, active, outgoing guys turn into sedate, introverted, domesticated shadows of their former selves the very minute they settled down. Not just one or two guys, but quite a few. All because of this "love" thing. So I want no part of it. I want to continue being fun, active, and outgoing for as long as my physical health allows. Not turn into a shadow of my former self just because "society" says I'm supposed to.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Word!

My beef in relationships isn't even with the women, but with the men. , right? I saw perfectly fun, active, outgoing guys turn into sedate, introverted, domesticated shadows of their former selves the very minute they settled down. Not just one or two guys, but quite a few. All because of this "love" thing. So I want no part of it. I want to continue being fun, active, and outgoing for as long as my physical health allows. Not turn into a shadow of my former self just because "society" says I'm supposed to.
Society doesn't tell you anything of the sort. Just because you observed a couple of schlubs who watch TV night after night, that doesn't mean that boring lives are preordained.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
I don't think her advice was for people who are upbeat, positive, seemingly well -adjusted, fall down get back up types like you. I'm happy alone, I don't come over here and say "relationships are a sham! Marriage ruins you life! Women Rob you blind!" So I didn't think about that applying to me.
Nope.

If you're happy being on your own, more power to you.

My interest in this thread is the original proposition, Is Love Dead? And I'm just calling BS on the people who hang out here constantly carping about love but pretending that they want no part of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships