Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2017, 03:25 PM

110 posts, read 75,965 times

Advertisements

So my hook up and I kept trying to, well you know, hook up but he kept canceling on me because something came up that he had to take care of. He's the one who initiates the hook up. Well anyways he apologized for being confusing lately (which idk what that really meant) but I just went along with it and said it was fine. & we planned to hook up that night too but something came up again so he canceled & so was like "yeh whatever you're just playing rn." His reaction stunned me though, he overreacted and was like "wtf no. & if that's what you think why should I bother trying anymore". Idk why he reacted the way he did and I went on telling him I didn't mean what I said it was kinda like a joke and I honestly thought he would understand since I put a bunch of emojis after it & we would usually joke around with each other like that. Well we had sex the next day but I still don't understand why he reacted that way & I didn't want to ask him since it would probably upset the both of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 03:28 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maia_voss View Post
So my hook up and I kept trying to, well you know, hook up but he kept canceling on me because something came up that he had to take care of. He's the one who initiates the hook up. Well anyways he apologized for being confusing lately (which idk what that really meant) but I just went along with it and said it was fine. & we planned to hook up that night too but something came up again so he canceled & so was like "yeh whatever you're just playing rn." His reaction stunned me though, he overreacted and was like "wtf no. & if that's what you think why should I bother trying anymore". Idk why he reacted the way he did and I went on telling him I didn't mean what I said it was kinda like a joke and I honestly thought he would understand since I put a bunch of emojis after it & we would usually joke around with each other like that. Well we had sex the next day but I still don't understand why he reacted that way & I didn't want to ask him since it would probably upset the both of us.
rn?

you got sex so just leave it at that?

Old 01-30-2017, 03:31 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Because he thought you were being snarky and didn't believe him was the reason why he reacted like that

But at least you made up the next day so yeah I'd leave it alone

Old 01-30-2017, 03:32 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
So? Being upset is not the worst thing in the world, and honestly, if you bring it up in a positive way there's no real need to be upset.

Just say something IN PERSON not via text like, "Hey, I'm really sorry if my joke came off wrong the other day. I was just disappointed that we couldn't get together. You can see why I might wonder after so many cancellations, but I'll take your word for it that you're being straight up with me."

Or however you would phrase it.

Why was he cancelling anyway? Lots of different things or the same thing? Life happens sometimes.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:34 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,788 times
Soooo.....

after he canceled on you several times you finally hooked up with him and had sex. hmmmm

and he over-reacted and got ticked off about something you said and you don't want to ask him why because it'll upset him. hmmmm

But you expect US - strangers on the internet to figure him out? Really?

I have no idea what's going on with him. Most likely he's been hooking up elsewhere and he finally got together with you because it was convenient for him and you're always available even though he's not. That would be my guess.

My advice would be to not see him again and not take his calls. Drop him and MOVE ON.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:35 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Sometimes, I'm glad I will get to die within the next 20 years or less.

Old 01-30-2017, 04:38 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
I have a different take on this. If he'd blown up excessively like that, I'd have passed on any further interaction. I certainly wouldn't have hooked up with him. You didn't know him well enough to know what was behind that blow-up; he could be very unpredictable and potentially violent. Or not. It's still a stranger you're dealing with, and opening yourself up to.

Old 01-30-2017, 04:42 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,379,815 times
Start searching for another Mr. Hookup - too much drama.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:07 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I have a different take on this. If he'd blown up excessively like that, I'd have passed on any further interaction. I certainly wouldn't have hooked up with him. You didn't know him well enough to know what was behind that blow-up; he could be very unpredictable and potentially violent. Or not. It's still a stranger you're dealing with, and opening yourself up to.
Or a person who is dishonest and trying to cover something up, often overreacts as well. They are only portraying how they think they would act if they were being honest. Yeah, pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships