Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 11:17 AM

636 posts, read 392,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Are you suggesting the OP is lying to herself? She said she doesn't have time to date. If she had time, she'd have met the guy she was texting already.
This is what she said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bets101 View Post
Here is the problem. I am in graduate school, while also working full time. I dont really have time to date but dont want to spend the rest of my life alone (I am getting old and it is also nice to have someone while going through difficult times). I tend to look for people who are also busy (otherwise, no one would tolerate my schedule). This guy seemed to have a similar lifestyle and possibly seeing him once a week would be ideal for me. But that is a different topic.
Once a week is time to date
Once a month is time to date
Once a year is time to date
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 11:31 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
Let me give you the male perspective to flirting.

Mod cut.

You rejected the guy. If someone is flirting with you, you either give them the honest answer which is something like "After we meet and if the chemistry is right, absolutely"; or you flirt back in response. Instead, you laughed at the first flirt, outright rejected the second, and then bolted out the door with the third.

You're only an hour apart. Either text the guy that you'd like to align your schedules to meet in person rather than doing the virtual thing; or delete and block the guy. What you're doing isn't real.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-07-2017 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: Never alter a quoted post. Deleted.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:37 AM

636 posts, read 392,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post

You rejected the guy. If someone is flirting with you, you either give them the honest answer which is something like "After we meet and if the chemistry is right, absolutely"; or you flirt back in response. Instead, you laughed at the first flirt, outright rejected the second, and then bolted out the door with the third.

You're only an hour apart. Either text the guy that you'd like to align your schedules to meet in person rather than doing the virtual thing; or delete and block the guy. What you're doing isn't real.
That's pretty clumsy flirting.
Though, I agree she didn't handle it well (assuming she's interested)

Old 02-04-2017, 11:42 AM

20 posts, read 13,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post

It might be a reason I am still single. But that is who I am. I expect people to know what is appropriate and what not (and when).
Telling someone you want to cuddle before meeting sounds childish (especially at my age).

Old 02-04-2017, 11:46 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
It might be a reason I am still single. But that is who I am. I expect people to know what is appropriate and what not (and when).
Telling someone you want to cuddle before meeting sounds childish (especially at my age).
It's just flirting. Playing around. You haven't met yet, so he has NOTHING else to go on.

If you expect anything to happen, you have to build things to a point where you make a meeting happen because you can't stand the messaging anymore.

If that exchange is "who you are," then you should not try to meet men in a platform based on messaging. You need to meet them IRL so they can witness your charisma in person.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:50 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOfMs View Post
This is what she said

Once a week is time to date
Once a month is time to date
Once a year is time to date
What she said is, "I don't really have time to date". Once/year isn't "having time to date", because no one interested in dating would put up with seeing the object of their interest only once a year. She also said that because she's really busy, she looks for guys who are also really busy, thereby pretty much defeating her purpose, and guaranteeing that dating won't happen, or will be highly unlikely to happen.

So, whatever. Spin it however you want, if it makes you feel better.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:52 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,257,088 times
The silly/harmless flirting wouldn't bother me a bit. He's just trying to break the ice and see if there's any chemistry between the two of you. If you're going to take pictures of yourself in bed, don't be surprise if some guys assume you're okay with some intimate/flirty texting.

This guy can't win here. You didn't like him flirting with you, so he respected that and moved on...and yet, if he'd kept doing it, you'd probably have called him a creeper or worse. He's s****ed either way with you.

Old 02-04-2017, 02:12 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
The silly/harmless flirting wouldn't bother me a bit. He's just trying to break the ice and see if there's any chemistry between the two of you. If you're going to take pictures of yourself in bed, don't be surprise if some guys assume you're okay with some intimate/flirty texting.
You'd think this would be a no-brainer.

Old 02-04-2017, 02:15 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
He wanted to sext. You didn't. So he started texting one of the other girls from the dating site.

Old 02-04-2017, 03:21 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,379,815 times
Quote:
I have been talking to this guy I met on OLD site for two weeks (almost every day). We tried to meet but our schedules are conflicting and we live an hour away. Yesterday he asked me for a selfie (I only have two pics online). He sent me selfie first and then I reciprocated. I told him I was already in bed, but studying. My selfie was with my head on the pillow, but it wasnt too revealing or anything (just face and one shoulder).

He texted: I want to come cuddle with you. You are so pretty and look like a good cuddler.
Me: Hahhahaa
Him: You need kisses (kissy emoji)
Me: No, I dont. I am good (smile emoji)
Him: (sad face emoji)
Me: Off to bed. Good night
Him: Nighty night (rose)

Today, I havent heard from him at all. What went wrong?

I don't think he was looking for a booty call because he was at work at that time (night shift). And, he should be completely insane to think girl he never met would invite him over.
Well, it seems like you shot him down a bit when he flirted and cut the conversation off. Here's an example (in blue) of maybe how you could have flirted a little if you were feeling it...

He texted: I want to come cuddle with you. You are so pretty and look like a good cuddler.
Me: Hahhahaa ((Thx... you're not so bad yourself.)
Him: You need kisses (kissy emoji)
Me: No, I dont. I am good (smile emoji) (Maybe someday )
Him: (sad face emoji)
Me: Off to bed. Good night (Poor baby... Early class so off to bed now)
Him: Nighty night (rose)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships