Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 10:32 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,060 times

Advertisements

There's this guy I know who I'm physically very attracted too, saw him at a bar Friday night and we said hi to each other, I was with my girlfriend and he was talking to an older lady who's a mutual friend of ours. So my girlfriend started talking to the older lady and I was taking my jacket off and could tell that this guy kept looking at me. I finally joked around with him and said "so you're not dancing tonight again", since whenever I see him at this place he's always sitting by the bar and never goes on the dance floor (which is odd only cause it's a dance social). Anyway he laughed and gently pulled my hair, and then showed me the video of his tenants apartment being flooded and then told me he can't stay long because he had to go home to take care of it. So then we kept kind of teasing/joking around with each other a bit and he kept trying to touch me, not in creepy way but in a playful flirty way. So I got the vibe that he was totally flirting, but nothing really came out of it since he left early, and he left without saying goodbye (but I was talking to another friend when he was leaving).

I'm not very good at flirting and I kinda want to keep this flirtation going in hopes he'll ask to hang out but I really don't know how lol. So any ideas on what I should do or say next time I see him? I don't want to be too forward and ask him out myself just yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 10:39 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
There's this guy I know who I'm physically very attracted too, saw him at a bar Friday night and we said hi to each other, I was with my girlfriend and he was talking to an older lady who's a mutual friend of ours. So my girlfriend started talking to the older lady and I was taking my jacket off and could tell that this guy kept looking at me. I finally joked around with him and said "so you're not dancing tonight again", since whenever I see him at this place he's always sitting by the bar and never goes on the dance floor (which is odd only cause it's a dance social). Anyway he laughed and gently pulled my hair, and then showed me the video of his tenants apartment being flooded and then told me he can't stay long because he had to go home to take care of it. So then we kept kind of teasing/joking around with each other a bit and he kept trying to touch me, not in creepy way but in a playful flirty way. So I got the vibe that he was totally flirting, but nothing really came out of it since he left early, and he left without saying goodbye (but I was talking to another friend when he was leaving).

I'm not very good at flirting and I kinda want to keep this flirtation going in hopes he'll ask to hang out but I really don't know how lol. So any ideas on what I should do or say next time I see him? I don't want to be too forward and ask him out myself just yet.
Sounds good thus far and how did he leave it with you when he left early?

The next time you see him you'll see his reaction when he sees you and whether or not he's has the same enthusiasm as he did that night and I'd go from there

Old 02-05-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Sounds good thus far and how did he leave it with you when he left early?

The next time you see him you'll see his reaction when he sees you and whether or not he's has the same enthusiasm as he did that night and I'd go from there
Well after our little flirtation I went to hang my jacket up in the other room, and when I came back another friend struck up a conversation with me, and this guy left in the midst of me talking my friend (FYI I wasn't standing close to the guy either while I was talking to my friend).

Old 02-05-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Well after our little flirtation I went to hang my jacket up in the other room, and when I came back another friend struck up a conversation with me, and this guy left in the midst of me talking my friend.
Oh that doesn't sound too good

Not that it would matter to me if it happened but was the other friend a bloke? ..... If so maybe he thought the worst when you were talking to him?

Again when you see him next you'll see his body language and will know if he's as keen as he seemed that night.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:51 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,343,502 times
bebe was that YOU that I was talking with? :-)

Old 02-05-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Oh that doesn't sound too good

Not that it would matter to me if it happened but was the other friend a bloke? ..... If so maybe he thought the worst when you were talking to him?

Again when you see him next you'll see his body language and will know if he's as keen as he seemed that night.
Yes the friend was a guy, but we all know each other from a dance studio we attend, and my friend has gf so im pretty sure he knew there's nothing going on between us.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
bebe was that YOU that I was talking with? :-)
Haha maybe 😉

Old 02-05-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Yes the friend was a guy, but we all know each other from a dance studio we attend, and my friend has gf so im pretty sure he knew there's nothing going on between us.
Ok that's good then I'm sure you're fine then

Old 02-05-2017, 11:01 AM

1,658 posts, read 1,256,490 times
Is this the same guy from your previous threads?

Old 02-05-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
Is this the same guy from your previous threads?
I've never posted about this guy before. I think I did post about someone else from the dance studio a while ago but he no longer goes there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships