Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 09:00 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,313,314 times

Advertisements

D. That's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 09:09 AM

986 posts, read 1,868,233 times
I can't believe you used HIM proposing to HER as an argument for why she may not be that interested in him. You do realize that the majority of proposals are done by the man? And also, accepting a marriage proposal means you are invested in the relationship and want to take it all the way?

If you MUST give it a shot, ask her out to coffee outside work, or ask her out for a drink. If she agrees to it, there MAY be something there. If not, move along. She's not into you. And she's engaged.

Old 03-05-2017, 09:24 AM

10,103 posts, read 6,447,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post
I can't believe you used HIM proposing to HER as an argument for why she may not be that interested in him. You do realize that the majority of proposals are done by the man? And also, accepting a marriage proposal means you are invested in the relationship and want to take it all the way?

If you MUST give it a shot, ask her out to coffee outside work, or ask her out for a drink. If she agrees to it, there MAY be something there. If not, move along. She's not into you. And she's engaged.
Oh gosh no - I wouldn't recommend him asking her for coffee or a drink. She might agree just being friendly and as a close co-worker, but the OP will interpret it as reciprocal affection and get even more attached (personally, I would say obsessed) than he already is. Look OP, she's works with you and is nice to you, but that doesn't mean she's got the hots for you. She's engaged, so just STOP already.

Old 03-05-2017, 09:26 AM

986 posts, read 1,868,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Oh gosh no - I wouldn't recommend him asking her for coffee or a drink. She might agree just being friendly and as a close co-worker, but the OP will interpret it as reciprocal affection and get even more attached (personally, I would say obsessed) than he already is. Look OP, she's works with you and is nice to you, but that doesn't mean she's got the hots for you. She's engaged, so just STOP already.
I highly doubt the girl will accept the coffee/drink offer though, is why I mentioned it. If he's never hung out with her outside of work in 4 years and their convos are mainly about work-related things... That girls isn't going to say yes, IMO.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:22 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,928 times
Give up

Don't actually give up, just give up on here.

Don't be one of those guys, man.

No need to go after girls who are engaged.

Old 03-06-2017, 01:01 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,089,197 times
I am going to take a different tact.

Yes, you need to understand that she lives with a guy and is supposedly 'engaged'. Wedding date is?

Do some more work. Have people snoop around a little bit and determine if it is what it seems to be.

There truly is magic in a special relationship. A lot of people settle. Don't settle. Ever.

Don't be a stalker or a creep. But you don't have to wilt either. Find out more, and then if the door is partly open, have coffee with her and let her know your interest. Don't overwhelm her. Keep it low key. She'll know what you are saying.

Good luck. I spent ten years trying to find someone who at one time had been very special to me. I finally did. She was married. The last fifteen years of our lives together have been spectacular? You never know unless you ask. Just do it properly.

Old 03-06-2017, 01:12 PM

52,306 posts, read 52,748,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
I am going to take a different tact.

Yes, you need to understand that she lives with a guy and is supposedly 'engaged'. Wedding date is?

Do some more work. Have people snoop around a little bit and determine if it is what it seems to be.

There truly is magic in a special relationship. A lot of people settle. Don't settle. Ever.

Don't be a stalker or a creep. But you don't have to wilt either. Find out more, and then if the door is partly open, have coffee with her and let her know your interest. Don't overwhelm her. Keep it low key. She'll know what you are saying.

Good luck. I spent ten years trying to find someone who at one time had been very special to me. I finally did. She was married. The last fifteen years of our lives together have been spectacular? You never know unless you ask. Just do it properly.
What a skeevy piece of advice. I mean really.

What if this was your wife, what if some dude was doing what you describe here to your wife and you lost your marriage because of it.

Morality has left the building, like a big dawg.

Old 03-06-2017, 01:27 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,747,462 times
I agree with Chow. The women is engaged, has given NO signs of interest beyond that which is professional, and is on the whole, conducting herself ethically.

Can't say the same for the OP, who shows nothing but disrespect and narcissism.

I suspect the crux of the matter is that he has no experience with women and takes every positive interaction as a sign of interest and a way out of his "involuntary celibacy." Who gives a **** if the outcome ruins people's lives, futures?

Imagine this poor woman, when he asks her out and she rationally says no, then having to go back and work on that team.

OP has just ****ed with her job, her livelihood, her reputation and her peace of mind.

Because he wants "it" so bad.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:28 PM

2,093 posts, read 1,927,971 times
At this point- D. Unless you are a total dick. You missed your shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships