Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 02:44 PM

68 posts, read 34,836 times

Advertisements

I am sorry, I just can't understand. I told him what bothers me and still, somehow he was sick on Monday and never made plans for Tuesday. How can I not assume something is really wrong here? He didn't want to go out with me. He would rather not see me than go out. That is my conclusion. And I fail to see how I am the bad guy here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 02:50 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,772,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyered View Post
I am sorry, I just can't understand. I told him what bothers me and still, somehow he was sick on Monday and never made plans for Tuesday. How can I not assume something is really wrong here? He didn't want to go out with me. He would rather not see me than go out. That is my conclusion. And I fail to see how I am the bad guy here.
He went to see his parents. He told you that this was his plan. There is nothing wrong with that. Most people who work during the week from 8-5 or 8:30-5 and have to get up the next morning don't want to be starting at date at 7pm or later. That's just the way the real world works. It seems like you don't seem to grasp that some people aren't able to party hard during the evenings on a Monday or Tuesday when they work M-F.

Old 03-08-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
He went to see his parents. He told you that this was his plan. There is nothing wrong with that. Most people who work during the week from 8-5 or 8:30-5 and have to get up the next morning don't want to be starting at date at 7pm or later. That's just the way the real world works. It seems like you don't seem to grasp that some people aren't able to party hard during the evenings on a Monday or Tuesday when they work M-F.
I wasnt asking to party. Just to get out, have a drink, talk. But he would have been ok if I showed u at his place around 9.30 and watched a movie till midnight. Work doesn't matter much in that case.

Old 03-08-2017, 03:02 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,332,754 times
Can it not be just as simple as ... he doesn't like to go out that much, but likes to me at home, and in that sense, you two are incompatible??????????

Old 03-08-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Can it not be just as simple as ... he doesn't like to go out that much, but likes to me at home, and in that sense, you two are incompatible??????????
Maybe it is, but if he cares enough and I specifically asked to go out, he should have put some effort and then maybe we could have spent the rest of the evening at his place.
Anyway, I just tried calling him because I didnt want him to think I was really going on a date tonight and also wanted to find out what the problem is. Called twice and he never picked up the phone.

Old 03-08-2017, 03:15 PM

20,779 posts, read 20,133,695 times
Quote:
Maybe it is, but if he cares enough and I specifically asked to go out, he should have put some effort and then maybe we could have spent the rest of the evening at his place.
Anyway, I just tried calling him because I didnt want him to think I was really going on a date tonight and also wanted to find out what the problem is. Called twice and he never picked up the phone.
leave him alone. You are the problem. You are not compatible, he is not living up to your standard and wants different things.

And if you would care enough, you wouldn't demand to go out all the time and especially not when he is still not feeling well.

Maybe you are not good at describing your situation but you are painting a really spoiled and demanding picture of yourself that makes you come across very selfish and rude.

Old 03-08-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
... if he cares enough...
Based on your own criteria ^^^, then, you have to conclude that he does not actually care.

However, I believe your criteria are flawed.

Old 03-08-2017, 03:17 PM

20,779 posts, read 20,133,695 times
Why do you run after the guy now after you concluded he doesn't care?

He isn't what you want. You want better.

Old 03-08-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
leave him alone. You are the problem. You are not compatible, he is not living up to your standard and wants different things.

And if you would care enough, you wouldn't demand to go out all the time and especially not when he is still not feeling well.

Maybe you are not good at describing your situation but you are painting a really spoiled and demanding picture of yourself that makes you come across very selfish and rude.

Maybe I am describing the situation no so well. I don't demand to go out too often. We got back together the end of January. Since then we went out on three first dates within the first two weeks. The rest was me showing up at his place (probably the last three weeks). How is that going out all the time?

He did it the first time as well. Took me out all the time, until we had sex. Then, it was dinner at his place, movie at his place, and going out even once was a problem.

Old 03-08-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Maybe I am describing the situation no so well. I don't demand to go out too often. We got back together the end of January. Since then we went out on three first dates within the first two weeks. The rest was me showing up at his place (probably the last three weeks). How is that going out all the time?

He did it the first time as well. Took me out all the time, until we had sex. Then, it was dinner at his place, movie at his place, and going out even once was a problem.
Then you are not compatible. You like things one way, and he apparently prefers another way. Time to move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships