Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 09:46 PM

21 posts, read 43,842 times

Advertisements

So I have been dating my gf for a month now. Her prom is this week but she is taking another guy instead. The reason I am not going with her is because there is an age limit for her school's prom. Yes, I am 21 and my gf is 18. I wouldn't want her to go to her senior prom alone so I can understand it. She's going with some guy from a different school. But the thing is she said this guy used to have a thing for her. The past is the past, plus this guy had a girlfriend up until recently but they kind of broke things off. That's why him and my gf are going together.
There is an after-prom party that she wants me to go to so I can meet all her friends. So I'm happy she still wants to be with me but I still feel uneasy about the whole "my girlfriend going to prom with another guy" situation. Am I in the wrong for feeling this way? I mean it's not like I want her to go dateless and have a bad time at her prom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2017, 09:49 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
You can't help how you feel. But it won't help the situation for you to be jealous.

Just be the bigger man, go to the party and make her forget the first half of the night.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:54 PM

130 posts, read 71,787 times
Go to the party. Make sure it's you she bangs and all is well.

Old 03-26-2017, 10:10 PM

83 posts, read 86,851 times
If I were in your situation, I would just let her go to the prom with him, and I also would not show up at the after-prom party.

Old 03-26-2017, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek2017 View Post
If I were in your situation, I would just let her go to the prom with him, and I also would not show up at the after-prom party.
Why should I not go to the party? I dont want to make her upset. Plus I want to go anyway I'm not letting my girlfriend go to a party without me while hanging out with her date who may or may not try and get with her.

Old 03-26-2017, 10:23 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,334,272 times
Just let her do her prom thing with whoever. Go clubbing with the boys, drink some alcohol, have some fun. That's what I would do if I were you.

Old 03-26-2017, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Just let her do her prom thing with whoever. Go clubbing with the boys, drink some alcohol, have some fun. That's what I would do if I were you.
so I shouldn't even go to the party with her?

Old 03-26-2017, 10:28 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtDan95 View Post
Why should I not go to the party? I dont want to make her upset. Plus I want to go anyway I'm not letting my girlfriend go to a party without me while hanging out with her date who may or may not try and get with her.
You SHOULD go. She invited you. She's your girlfriend. She wants you there; she just can't take you to the prom itself because of the school rule.

This very thing happened at my high school, which was a strict catholic girls' school. Only a couple of girls had to do this because they had older BFs, but they went with other guys because they didn't want to miss their prom.

Just forget about the other guy. Go to the party and have fun, and don't say another word about him.

Old 03-26-2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You SHOULD go. She invited you. She's your girlfriend. She wants you there; she just can't take you to the prom itself because of the school rule.

This very thing happened at my high school, which was a strict catholic girls' school. Only a couple of girls had to do this because they had older BFs, but they went with other guys because they didn't want to miss their prom.

Just forget about the other guy. Go to the party and have fun, and don't say another word about him.
Thank you. It makes me feel better hearing this from a girl's POV. I guess it isn't that big of a deal, I'm just jealous by nature but I won't ever be the AH boyfriend and show it. I'm going to the party with her.

Old 03-26-2017, 10:38 PM

372 posts, read 533,779 times
Get out of your head. Stop thinking negative. Seriously. Turn it off.

You like her?

GO to the party with her.

Tell her you are happy she has a friend to go to prom with.

And love her up so much she won't think twice about the other guy.

If you get weird, she'll get weird.

So don't get weird.

(I agree... Not another word about him.)

You've got this.

Have fun!! ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships