Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 02:11 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,552,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by day2day View Post
Well the frustrating thing was that we had the same values. We both had the same opinion about the importance of money, we liked the same things, just that when action was needed she wasn't willing to do it
You did not have the same values. Your values are that you work and earn money because your character is that you are responsible. Her values are that she sits on her butt eating bon-bons and watching TV because her character is that she is a lazy jerk who expects the world to support her.

Do not question this break up or spend any more time on it, but if you must, you can assume she found some other guy to be a sucker who will put up with her nonsense and not expect her to be a grown up like you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 03:28 PM

169 posts, read 135,094 times
Quote:
Thanks. What was hilarious and sad at the same time is that she just like her sister spends all day reading and listening to self help. She'd rather spend her money on one of those books than actually invest in something that can make her a living
Your ex and her sister can afford not to work coz they have benefactors in their parents. And they obviously are used to that lifestyle. Are you just jealous that your ex can afford to be a bum? Coz you hate working too. You just don't have parents like hers.

By the way, I find it hard to believe that your ex says she's ambitious. LOL. With how she is living? More like delusional. That's why they do those webinars so much they imagine themselves doing it but in reality? Na-uh . It's actually laughable when she said she's ambitious though. Nice try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegal View Post

well, maybe that's how she was raised. that's sort of how I am, and as I got older I realized how much my parents seemed to hate work, and neither of them have worked much in years.
So how honestly are you living? If no one in your household seems to work? WTF? LOL.

Old 03-14-2017, 04:40 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,519,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shailene View Post
So how honestly are you living? If no one in your household seems to work? WTF? LOL.
oh, is someone jealous?

Quote:
Are you just jealous that your ex can afford to be a bum? Coz you hate working too. You just don't have parents like hers.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:19 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,706,167 times
So, I'm sure I'll get beat up for this, but I'm guessing she is somewhere in her 20's. It is likely her parents nurtured her sense of entitlement growing up. The evidence is there, as it appears she and her sister share the same foundation.

The comment you made that she wants to do something meaningful ties into this, as well. More than likely, she has an idea of doing something meaningful, but has no idea what that would be. She's drifting without guidance and the tools her parents gave her aren't going to help her now.

What this means for you is, it's time to move on. You can't save her and she will likely drag you down if you keep trying. Come up with a better vetting process for your future significant other. That's a tool you'll need to grow to be just as successful in your personal life as it appears you are in your professional.

Old 03-14-2017, 09:50 AM

23 posts, read 15,219 times
Quote:
Your ex and her sister can afford not to work coz they have benefactors in their parents. And they obviously are used to that lifestyle. Are you just jealous that your ex can afford to be a bum? Coz you hate working too. You just don't have parents like hers.

By the way, I find it hard to believe that your ex says she's ambitious. LOL. With how she is living? More like delusional. That's why they do those webinars so much they imagine themselves doing it but in reality? Na-uh . It's actually laughable when she said she's ambitious though. Nice try.
I don't envy them because their parents provide them with just enough to get through the month. She can't afford entertainment with that money. They don't do more because they don't want to encourage this behavior. And the parents aren't rich either.

I don't hate working. I don't enjoy working a job. My passion is freelancing and owning a business. Which I've achieved to a certain extent. Which according to her was her passion too but she never followed

Old 03-14-2017, 09:53 AM

23 posts, read 15,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
So, I'm sure I'll get beat up for this, but I'm guessing she is somewhere in her 20's. It is likely her parents nurtured her sense of entitlement growing up. The evidence is there, as it appears she and her sister share the same foundation.

The comment you made that she wants to do something meaningful ties into this, as well. More than likely, she has an idea of doing something meaningful, but has no idea what that would be. She's drifting without guidance and the tools her parents gave her aren't going to help her now.

What this means for you is, it's time to move on. You can't save her and she will likely drag you down if you keep trying. Come up with a better vetting process for your future significant other. That's a tool you'll need to grow to be just as successful in your personal life as it appears you are in your professional.
Thanks, yes both of us are in our 20s. Their parents used to criticize them heavily for this behavior. They were never emotionally close to their parents though, they were pretty much raised by things they used to read and watch

Old 03-14-2017, 09:58 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,432,466 times
Quote:
Well the frustrating thing was that we had the same values. We both had the same opinion about the importance of money, we liked the same things, just that when action was needed she wasn't willing to do it
Obviously not.
If you did when action was needed she would have taken the necessary action needed.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:04 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,489,396 times
Quote:
I'm sad that the relationship is over and is ready to move on.
No need to try to understand a POS mooch that is enabled by her parents (and her sister).

Be glad you dodged a bullet.

Old 03-14-2017, 02:25 PM

352 posts, read 234,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
No need to try to understand a POS mooch that is enabled by her parents (and her sister).

Be glad you dodged a bullet.
^^^ This

I totally understand about all the wondering and frustration- normal human feelings there considering the amount of time you guys were together. It's not entirely unusual for a 20's person to not have it all lined up on what she wants to do (work- relationships etc).....and many of em get bailed out by the parents.

Keep your chin up, it sounds like you're doing well and I'm doubtful her life skills would have ever caught up to yours.

Old 03-14-2017, 02:33 PM

5,028 posts, read 7,493,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
I don't believe in trying to change people. People are who people are. She has shown you who she is and you didn't like it. Sounds like you dodged a bullet and she did you a favour by ending the relationship. Can you really see a future with somebody who doesn't want to work?
Well said!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships