Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 12:28 PM

20,779 posts, read 20,125,312 times

Advertisements

Doesn't bother me. I rather hear "damaged goods" than a sugarcoated term.

There is another thread about "dodged a bullet." If some of the people would not have gotten involved with obviously "damaged goods" they wouldn't be posting there right now with outrageous stories.

In the psychology forum is a guy posting about his rang raped gf who now dresses like a hooker, had multiple boob jobs, wears dresses where they almost fall out and "crazy" hair. He is wondering if this behavior results from what happened to her. Even though I feel sick just by reading "gang rape", this is a classic case of "damaged goods." Sounds horrible, yes. But it is what it is.

Everybody who has had a partnership before is "leftovers."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2017, 12:39 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,909 posts, read 2,085,355 times
Just because something isn't nice to say, it doesn't make it factually incorrect.

A woman in her late teens and early 20s, at the peak of her physical shape, and child rearing years is more desirable than her counterpart who has gone through divorce, is left psychologically scarred, has a couple of kids, and is not in tip top physical shape.

Same goes for the men.

To pretend that a man, or a woman has the same options when it comes to choosing a mate in both of those scenarios, it's just to pretend, and make ourselves feel better.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:41 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,915,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
My sons father was bipolar. I am now adamant that I will NEVER again waste a moment of my time dating another man that has any mental illness.
Where will you find this man free from any detectable mental illness, who wants to be involved with one who has at least one crazy baby daddy, is not interested in sex, and just wants someone to mow the lawn and do the guy stuff around the house? By it's very nature it is a description of a man with a mental illness seeking damaged goods.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:42 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,374,955 times
Saying one person has more options than another is sufficient, though. People can have more options than someone else for a variety or reasons, including some of the past choices the "fewer options" person might have made. But it seems gratuitous to label someone as damaged.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Saying one person has more options than another is sufficient, though. People can have more options than someone else for a variety or reasons, including some of the past choices the "fewer options" person might have made. But it seems gratuitous to label someone as damaged.
Agreed, everyone can be 'damaged' in one way or another. I don't view myself as damaged, so I haven't been able to take offense at any of the posts.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:04 PM

8,161 posts, read 6,067,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Where will you find this man free from any detectable mental illness, who wants to be involved with one who has at least one crazy baby daddy, is not interested in sex, and just wants someone to mow the lawn and do the guy stuff around the house? By it's very nature it is a description of a man with a mental illness seeking damaged goods.
I am not sure, but I am still looking. I can no longer tolerate crazy, dysfunctional men. If that makes me "damaged", so be it.

My father is exactly like the man I want, so surely the world has another one like him.

Old 03-29-2017, 02:27 PM

540 posts, read 365,874 times
Everyone has been through something.
Find someone who's imperfections you can tolerate.
Find someone who can tolerate your imperfections as well. A relationship is a 2way street

Old 03-29-2017, 02:54 PM

15,953 posts, read 12,383,555 times
this video sums up a lot of men's attitude towards women... if it offends women, oh well... there's nothing wrong with bedding 50 different people but it's not the type of person who's likely to make a good monogamous partner, man or woman, thus it's an easy task to weed such people out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSwsmQKDwyA

Old 03-29-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
this video sums up a lot of men's attitude towards women.
I never watch the videos posted on this subject bc I assume it'll be something the poster got from red pill mgtow, "oh looook! Women put down women too! Here's one now!"

IRL I get to walk away from that crap.
Thank you for confirming.

No, it is not women's fault men behave the way SOME men do. Men are responsible for the way they behave.

None of my friends say all men are pigs or that they can't "find a good man"...Or I'd walk away from that too.

Old 03-29-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I am not sure, but I am still looking. I can no longer tolerate crazy, dysfunctional men. If that makes me "damaged", so be it.

My father is exactly like the man I want, so surely the world has another one like him.
My intent wasn't that you are damaged, just that you have displayed the things these men qualify as being a definition of damaged, yet you yourself expect to find the perfect guy who will accept all of this and have no 'defects'.

If he is to accept imperfections, you must be willing to accept things commonly seen as imperfections.

You don't want to be single, you've stated, and yet what are you willing to accept?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships