Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 09:43 AM

10,525 posts, read 7,153,969 times

Advertisements

Good rule in all relationships: Respect yourself.

If you keep chasing the guy, you're not respecting yourself. If he were interested, he'd let you know. So grow up about matters. Chances are there's another guy at that gym or in your circle of friends who is interested in you and you don't even know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 09:44 AM

62,351 posts, read 88,319,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
A big no? Perhaps I need a big wake up call/slap me in the face.

^^^ This!! Geez... girl. Work on your self esteem and don't be so desperate. Men don't want desperate women. They thread desperate women like crap, because they know those women would endure everything.
If he broke up with his GF and were interested in you, he would contact you.
Also guy who is in relationship, and still flirts with other women - do you really want to go through that??

Old 03-21-2017, 10:08 AM

951 posts, read 1,147,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Good rule in all relationships: Respect yourself.

If you keep chasing the guy, you're not respecting yourself. If he were interested, he'd let you know. So grow up about matters. Chances are there's another guy at that gym or in your circle of friends who is interested in you and you don't even know it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
^^^ This!! Geez... girl. Work on your self esteem and don't be so desperate. Men don't want desperate women. They thread desperate women like crap, because they know those women would endure everything.
If he broke up with his GF and were interested in you, he would contact you.
Also guy who is in relationship, and still flirts with other women - do you really want to go through that??
I guess I already knew the answer as I felt awful just thinking that I would even want to contact him again. Just needed a knock in the head again. Ok, I'm going to keep going to that gym regardless though. Not gonna let him stop me from doing that.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:18 AM

62,351 posts, read 88,319,607 times
^^^ ATTAGIRL!!

Old 03-21-2017, 10:41 AM

29,807 posts, read 34,670,390 times
Quote:
I guess I already knew the answer as I felt awful just thinking that I would even want to contact him again. Just needed a knock in the head again. Ok, I'm going to keep going to that gym regardless though. Not gonna let him stop me from doing that.
Good plan. Besides, he knows where to find you and how you feel--if he doesn't come to you then you know where he stands.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:44 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,866,613 times
You are making a lot of assumptions and have no way of knowing whether they are right or wrong. Do you really expect him to be interested in jumping into another relationship as soon as he ended one with someone he was in love with? Don't you think that would be a tad shallow? Just because you are ready for a relationship doesn't mean that he should conform to your time line. Don't pursue him, don't harass him, and give him the space he needs. He's well aware that you are interested. The ball is in his court, and you have to be prepared to accept the fact that he may never hit that ball back. Or. It could very take a long time before he decides to hit it back. Patience is a good virtue. It teaches self restraint and wisdom.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:01 AM

540 posts, read 366,065 times
Move on. Don't go back

Old 03-21-2017, 11:07 AM

473 posts, read 309,872 times
Yes, unless you have some personal reason why you could not commit relationship at any ways, then don't waste your time. If you want someone who will reject you again and again then keep pursuing. Sometimes these no no guys are great to crush on when you really don't want to be with anyone for reals.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:09 AM

12,585 posts, read 17,034,243 times
Quote:
Good job for approaching and taking the rejection.

However, your moods towards him showed and now the opportunity to possibly date came and he shrugged you off again.

Never let your emotions over take you. Ok? Keep em in check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships