Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 10:27 AM

14,955 posts, read 12,157,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Millions of people, unfortunately. Myself included.

What's unfortunate about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 02:56 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,728,899 times
Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Define "good career". Is it stable... is $70k entry with lots of room for growth.. prospects... outlook....

A recent grad medical doctor with $100k in school debt is actually pretty darn good start. There was a recent thread concerning a Dentist programs ranging to as much as $100k PER YEAR.

Also, at $1000/month they'll be debt free in about 10 years... that's assuming they don't put more later. That's not too bad... actually.

With that said, I would consider dating them.
Wow ... that is pretty depressing. Racking up $100 000 in a student loan?????
Going to medical school in the USA is not sounding so good !
So glad I did not end up in that situation.
$70 000 a year for $100 000 investment is not really that great in my opinion.
Plus being a doctor is no walk in the park for most doctors ex lots of stress and liability

Old 05-01-2017, 03:09 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,728,899 times
Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut4sweets View Post
Really? I think 45 is the prime age for a man, just like 25 for a woman. My better relationships are with men 45 or older. They're established in their career, thus can focus more on their personal relationships. They're also more experienced with life (wiser and nicer). They have time to take care of themselves more, thus better healthwise and in better shape.
Why? Maybe back in the 1950!!! LOL. So what exactly in your opinion are women doing in their lives by that age that are so wonderful?

As someone in my mid 30s ... I don't think so.
In my early 20s I was finishing university, getting a internship, writing licensing exams, travelling, got married, had a child, bought my first property and was establishing my career. I think by the time I am 40 I will be reaping the rewards of my hard work. In my mid 20s I was hustling to get things in order to build my future. Your expressed train of thought could be interpreted as that women are just sitting around waiting to be selected by a man so he can breed with her . I don't recall every sitting around waiting for someone. During that time I was agressively out their and building my own future.

Sorry lots of women got way more to do in life then just plan on being a life long domestic servant ! There is a big huge world out there with endless opportunities. I for one am not willing to pass that up to sit arond folding clothes and washing dishes !

Old 05-01-2017, 04:42 PM

6 posts, read 4,763 times
What people don't understand is that you don't (always) end up with this much student loan debt by taking out stupid amounts during school... It happens via layoffs that weren't anticipated and then loans going into deferment until your job status picks back up again, and the interest capitalizing... I am enrolled in pslf, which means I make monthly payments based on my income, then the rest is forgiven after 10 years; but after a lot of consideration, I think I would rather just buckle down and knock the loans out.

The upside is that I do own a home that I have equity in, and I have a retirement egg.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:34 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,950 times
Is this person you?

Oh, yes it is. Just noticed it after I first posted this. I don't know why anyone would even think about other people's student debt. I feel like most people have at least some student debt these days anyway.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:47 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,638,670 times
the vast majority of college grads have significant student loan debt. It's just a reality that we are in currently.

It's a huge bubble. One of many.

Old 05-05-2017, 12:56 PM

7,457 posts, read 4,690,784 times
It's about priorities. It would be great if the first one you date will become your girl on that one date (it could happen! ) . But, chances are, you'll be going on a stretch of dating with some girls and that takes money.

I would prioritize paying down the debt, not necessarily paying it off. Once it's on a manageable level, then date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships