Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 03:54 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,016,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthemic View Post
I want someone to read her, based on the information I listed.
Several people have. You just seem to be unwilling to see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 03:55 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Since you insist ...

You are a living, breathing reminder of things she did that she is ashamed of and that she wants to keep hidden from the people in her life now who know her as a completely different person.

She wants to control you because she is afraid of what the revelation of your "relationship" would mean in her life as she has arranged it.

How is that? If I were writing a movie script, that's how I'd frame it.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:56 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
OP: No one here would have any way of coming close to figuring out the motivation of your ex and if you do not want her to contact you then quit allowing the contact and block all of her access via text, phone, email, etc.
Seek professional guidance for whatever issues you think you need help with and if you really want the answer that may or may not be the truth, ask your ex not random strangers who have no idea who either of you are.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:57 PM

28 posts, read 14,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Several people have. You just seem to be unwilling to see it.
So her contacting me and sending me mixed signals is not a problem with her? I don't understand how that's possible, since I never contact her on my own.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:57 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,044,201 times
Stop wasting your time and start dating women your own age. Pursuing underage women is never a good idea.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Since you insist ...

You are a living, breathing reminder of things she did that she is ashamed of and that she wants to keep hidden from the people in her life now who know her as a completely different person.

She wants to control you because she is afraid of what the revelation of your "relationship" would mean in her life as she has arranged it.

How is that? If I were writing a movie script, that's how I'd frame it.
That's a good guess, actually. I don't think that's the reason, though. She has already told everyone in her family about us, even her husband.

And wow, that would be an interesting movie.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Stop wasting your time and start dating women your own age. Pursuing underage women is never a good idea.
I was the 16-year-old, lol. I'm the younger person.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:00 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
She has already told everyone in her family about us, even her husband.
That would have been super helpful to include at the beginning of this exercise.

You need to stop worrying about it. Seriously, you're wasting your time and not actually learning how to have healthy relationships by focusing on this and allowing this woman to remain in your life.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
So her contacting me and sending me mixed signals is not a problem with her? I don't understand how that's possible, since I never contact her on my own.
Apparently not.

To piggyback on what Wmsn4Life said, I can definitely see how someone would use this for a tool to try to keep someone on their "good side" when that person has information that they see as potentially devastating if it got out.

Is it good or right? Of course not.

But honestly, that's exactly what it seems like from the information you have provided.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:03 PM

Ok, now with the additional information provided...

Perhaps she doesn't want to mentally give up this part of her life. Or perhaps any one of a thousand other possibilities.

Why are you giving her free rent in your head?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships