Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 03:33 AM

1 posts, read 6,031 times

Advertisements

Just at the start. This is a long distance relationship.

My girlfriend once asked me to have my phone unlock code so i gave it to her and now she even has her fingerprint on it. I don't really care because i have nothing to hide and i'm open to everything.

At some point she went through my phone text messages etc. (We don't have the same mother language, as long as i'm talking my own language she can't even understand)

I once asked her to open her phone i want to show her something but she doesn't care and would never let me use her phone nor open it for me. After a few months i told her: "I trust you but at the same time i'm feeling weird because you would never let me see your phone. The answer i got to that was: "hmmmh you don't trust me?" I said, I do but sometimes it's making it hard for me that you're not willing to show me your phone or let me use it. I then continued by "Are you 100% open to me and tell me everything?" She said yes and "Trust is key to a relationship, so don't ask me again about that stuff.

I want to ask you Woman and men. Do you have any advice or anything i could do? Or am i in the right?

best regards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 03:35 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,448,003 times
Change the passcode and delete the finger print.

When she asks why she no longer is able to access your phone tell her how unfairly you felt the whole situation felt.

She may not feel the same as you, but she should be able to understand how the situaion does not reflect trust in one another going in both directions.

Old 03-23-2017, 04:50 AM

473 posts, read 307,306 times
If she asks to see yours, she have to show her own.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:09 AM

540 posts, read 362,555 times
Deny her access. Now u r equal....

Old 03-23-2017, 05:13 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,467,349 times
Yes, remove her access to your phone, and don't give it back unless and until she gives your access to hers first, and leaves that intact. If she wants access, ask her, "Don't you trust me?" Payback.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:22 AM

473 posts, read 307,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Yes, remove her access to your phone, and don't give it back unless and until she gives your access to hers first, and leaves that intact. If she wants access, ask her, "Don't you trust me?" Payback.
As people tend to forget what they said earlier, it is good to open a new conversation about the topic and not just shoot back what one said before. Because too often it comes "without a context" for the another participant and it is not fruitfull. What stays in our minds for years are forgotten years ago by those who said it. That is why discussions should be framed.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:06 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,945,242 times
She's hiding something.

Most guilty people are suspicious of others and I believe she is snooping your phone to find something on you to justify her guilty conduct for something she is doing.

I agree, delete her access.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:53 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,987 times
I don't think it's enough just to delete access. The OP has clearly opened himself up to her and she has not responded in kind. The lack of equal access has lead to an imbalance in the relationship and that will continue regardless of what the OP does to his phone.

IMO, it's time to take a step back from the relationship. If she was being honest with the OP, it wouldn't even be an issue for her to share her phone with him. However, not only is she not sharing access, she is challenging his very request.

Sorry OP, time to start cutting your losses. If you don't, you'll eventually figure out why you should have done it now.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:54 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,445,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
She's hiding something.

Most guilty people are suspicious of others and I believe she is snooping your phone to find something on you to justify her guilty conduct for something she is doing.

I agree, delete her access.
Unfortunately the above.
People with nothing to hide - hide nothing.
Move on OP - she's either hiding something or playing mind games.
Neither are good.
Best of luck.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:06 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,029,926 times
Trust is the basis for all relationships. None exists in yours. She's cheating. Why even bother?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships