Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 08:28 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Yes, I'm sure that's what everyone who's in a "monogamous" relationship but still contracted an STD thought as well.
Yes but being in a monogamous relationship you wouldn't expect this to be a factor. ( I certainly wouldn't )

How would it come up without accusing your SO of cheating?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 08:31 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times
Default ......

I have NEVER taken birth control pills. When in committed relationship at first used condoms .... but usually he started wanting to use them using the claim it did not feel as good. I would never not use a condom in unless in a long term relationships. If he pulls out becore he climaxes then then the risk for pregancy declines. Before being married that was a huge stressor for me and totally effected my ability to enjoy the experience as I was scared he wohld get md pregnant and ruin my life. Once married it did not matter if I got pregnant so the pressure and fear were removed. I always thought a guys general level on intelligence was associated with his willingness to wear a condom.... if he did not want to use a condom he was probably a carelessly flake and someone I do not want to get stuck with. You need to stand firm with your decision as the woman your with seems pretty careless..

Old 04-17-2017, 08:46 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Long term hormonal BC is a no-go for me. That leaves few options: VCF, vasectomy or Paragard IUD. We don't like condoms, so I tend to prefer VCF and eventually he'll get a vasectomy.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:49 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,846,119 times
[quote=scribbles76;47860735]

'I would hate to be your partner and have to use a condom because you didn't trust that we were in a monogamous relationship and neither is us had HIV', said one participant in this conversation.

My ex uses this line, he adds though he cant get a woman pregnant..... thats why he has 5 kids by 5 different people and doesnt have any of them.

Old 04-17-2017, 10:00 AM

914 posts, read 738,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Yes, I'm sure that's what everyone who's in a "monogamous" relationship but still contracted an STD thought as well.
One of my best friends used to work as a sexual health nurse. The amount of people with STDs/STIs in "monogamous" relationships is shocking. She quit her job after 2 years because she found all the cheating stories so depressing.

Old 04-17-2017, 10:05 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,846,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
One of my best friends used to work as a sexual health nurse. The amount of people with STDs/STIs in "monogamous" relationships is shocking. She quit her job after 2 years because she found all the cheating stories so depressing.
i wonder how many didnt know their spouse was cheating until they had to be tested...

Old 04-17-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
You might not believe this but...... I've obviously never had an STD and you know the lifestyle i lead and many of my mates and lots of people I know ( both genders ) have lived in this respect as well yet I've only ever heard of one that caught an STD

I know what you're thinking that it's not something that you would tell the world about especially me and my mates we would know.

Old 04-17-2017, 10:14 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
This thread is really just about, "You can't trust anybody to be faithful," more than anything. It's not even about contraception or disease prophylaxis. It's about not trusting people you enter into a relationship with.

People who truly feel that nobody can be trusted are probably better off avoiding relationships, to be honest. Then the question of whether or not condoms are used within a relationship becomes moot. You can't really build stable relationships anyway if you feel nobody is trustworthy.

Old 04-17-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
This thread is really just always to be about, "You can't trust anybody to be faithful," more than anything. It's not even about contraception or disease prophylaxis. It's about not trusting people you enter into a relationship with.

People who truly feel that nobody can be trusted are probably better off avoiding relationships, to be honest. Then the question of whether or not condoms are used within a relationship becomes moot. You can't really build stable relationships anyway if you feel nobody is trustworthy.
Yes that's what it comes down to

Old 04-17-2017, 10:15 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times
I believe that this is definitely a case where people should do what's right for them. I've had an IUD, and now I'm with someone who has had a vasectomy, so that covers what's important to us.

That being said, I wanted to respond to this comment in the OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
'I would hate to be your partner and have to use a condom because you didn't trust that we were in a monogamous relationship and neither is us had HIV', said one participant in this conversation. Well excuse the hell outta me for (hypothetically) trying to keep us both safe! It's usually the people who act the most offended when you don't trust them who have something to hide, and I believe one can never be too careful. if you are sexually active in a world where STIs exist, there is always a chance that you will catch something and/or pass it on. I don't like those odds no matter how small they are. Better safe than sorry.
I personally couldn't imagine being in an established relationship where there was not an element of basic trust.

IOW, if a guy insisted upon using a condom at all times because "one can never be too careful", I'd seriously question his trust of me not to fall on the next penis to come along, as well as his own self-control.

No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships