Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 02:54 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve;
Do you just dream of moving to the US or are you going to do everything possible to make it come through?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuason77 View Post
"never be able to realize?" Oh my God, what's wrong with this guy?
Dude, even with Trump every year there's a lot of legal immigrants moving to US. I don't want to live as a undocumented immigrant but I have a dream and I think you shoudn't make fun of other people dreams! Whats wrong with you?
And by the way, I'm finishing my degree in Information Technology!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 03:17 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Again, OP, you do realize you are going to have to travel there. Even if you don't feel "ready." Are you sure you can handle all the differences you will find? And being treated like an outsider?

Old 04-18-2017, 03:36 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
OP, as I recall, you've been prone to making poor choices in relationships, and had trouble breaking things off when they clearly weren't working. As I recall, we suggested you get professional help for your issues before getting into a relationship again. Have you done that? Getting professional psychotherapeutic help would be a major project that would take a year or two, at least, to see significant progress.

Old 04-18-2017, 03:41 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
My girlfriend and I have been dating for almost three months, in the first week together I told her that I have a dream to move to USA, she said she doesn't have this dream she would never leave her family and she has a stable job , but she told me this would be a deal breaker for us.
I told her that I have this dream but that this could work it out or not, I don't know the future. But it's something that I wish to live another life in another country, since I hate my country, hate the city I live!
Anyway we're still dating but sometimes I ask myself "What's the point of having a relationship since we have different goals in life?"
Guys, have you ever had this situation before?
What is your nationality?

Old 04-18-2017, 03:59 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
What is your nationality?
With the " dude " and " guys " being mentioned I'd lay evens it's Canadian or Aussie

Old 05-29-2017, 05:57 AM

340 posts, read 272,352 times
We broke up because of this, she said she wouldn't date me if in the future I could leave her to move out to another country so we broke up!
Now she's accusing me of I used her, I was only looking for fun' that I'm selfish, etc.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:22 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
Quote:
We broke up because of this, she said she wouldn't date me if in the future I could leave her to move out to another country so we broke up!
Now she's accusing me of I used her, I was only looking for fun' that I'm selfish, etc.
Oh, cruel world!

Old 05-30-2017, 12:43 AM

424 posts, read 236,620 times
Quote:
My girlfriend and I have been dating for almost three months, in the first week together I told her that I have a dream to move to USA, she said she doesn't have this dream she would never leave her family and she has a stable job , but she told me this would be a deal breaker for us.
I told her that I have this dream but that this could work it out or not, I don't know the future. But it's something that I wish to live another life in another country, since I hate my country, hate the city I live!
Anyway we're still dating but sometimes I ask myself "What's the point of having a relationship since we have different goals in life?"
Guys, have you ever had this situation before?
The US is a terrible place for men for many reasons. Do not move here.

There. Your problem is now solved.

Old 05-30-2017, 01:54 AM

1,248 posts, read 824,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, isn't that interesting that so many people dream of moving to the US, but not so many dream about Canada. Why is that? IMO most of those dreamers are misguided.
The Propaganda Factory aka Hollywood.

Old 05-30-2017, 01:40 PM

340 posts, read 272,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
The US is a terrible place for men for many reasons. Do not move here.

There. Your problem is now solved.
Better than Brazil, for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships