Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 09:51 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,427,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ1987 View Post
I have a profile picture on here, I am the one on the left. Maybe I'm not as good looking as I think but I've r gently got a few tattoos. I've had a few attractive woman like my photos and talk. But I mean I get a lot of woman who are like 4's and 5's in my eyes. That goes for people might see me as a 4 or 5...I doubt it but I'm just wondering why I don't get more attractive females. Is it because they can be more picky? Guess I'm just looking for some guidance or info or feedback.
In my opinion, people who are very attractive don't need to date online.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:27 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,375,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
It's not necessarily about "needing" to use dating sites. For some, or many, it's about finding better, more compatible matches. I didn't need to use dating sites to get dates, nor did my husband. We simply found more compatible matches online. Used as a tool, it was an incredibly efficient and effective method to narrow down the search for the right type.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:37 AM

48,544 posts, read 34,904,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Depending on the profile, a lot of those basic details will be available, and the things I needed to know in the beginning to better assess baseline compatibility, I fleshed out in messages, IMs and early phone conversations.

I loved longer, more detailed profiles. They often provided enough detail to have interesting and engaging conversations that were far from stilted and awkward. My best matches had longer profiles, and were great conversationalists.

The longer profiles show personality, the short ones provide stats.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-25-2017, 11:37 AM

48,544 posts, read 34,904,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Go on a dating site, there are plenty of good looking people.

That was just silly.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-25-2017, 11:40 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,492,058 times
Zoosk has been the best for me verified photos and friendly women.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:41 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,492,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Go on a dating site, there are plenty of good looking people.

That was just silly.
True even see a 10 once in awhile. Most of those seem lacking in personality from experience.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:57 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,892,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Which means he probably has a heck of a lot less hair now. Dude, let me gently tell you to not hide from the 4/5's.
Yeah us 4's or 5's need love too!

Old 04-25-2017, 12:17 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,892,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
OP is allowed to only go for the hot chicks if he wants to. But I wouldn't rate him higher than a 6 (just to put things into perspective).
Yeah I'd give him an 8. Lol!

I was told I'm a 7.

Old 04-25-2017, 12:29 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,928 times
There's too many damned if you do's, damned if you don'ts on here.

For some people, online dating isn't acceptable or good enough. Then there's the contingent that thinks cold approaches or asking out someone you meet at the park isn't acceptable, and that you need to "Get to know them" before asking them out. Which is the total opposite from the "Ask them out to get to know them" which is the way I see it. Then there's the "Don't date coworkers" army and their robotic responses. Then there's even a faction of people who somehow believe that internet dating is one of the only acceptable ways of dating and meeting new people, since you don't know if people you meet out are single.

I say all of them are acceptable and perfectly valid avenues to use for dating.

Old 04-25-2017, 12:33 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,375,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
True even see a 10 once in awhile. Most of those seem lacking in personality from experience.
I saw quite a few really handsome men. I went out with some pretty handsome guys, my husband included. And I have a couple stunningly gorgeous friends who use dating sites. I know one is dating a guy she met on Tinder, as well as the last guy she dated. She exclusively dates much older men, and they obviously adore her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.