Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 09:14 AM

1 posts, read 1,071 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend is horrible to me and I have no one to tell. I'm stuck with him, he talks to so many girls it's ridiculous, he basically does anything he wants and it's even worse when he's drunk he doesn't give a Mod cut:
language
about me at all then. This relationship is killing me. Even if we ever did break up I don't think I'd be able to date anyone again he's like ruined me and my trust. The reason I'm stuck with him is because he moved with me to a state almost 8 hours away from where we used to live. He doesn't know anyone around here so he'd have no place to go, and he can't really go back to where he was because he's a freaking broke joke. No car no money no job. Hes so lazy all he does is sit around play Ps4 get drunk and smoke cigarettes. Literally the worst person I've ever met in my life. He wasn't always like this I don't know what changed but it sureee did. All he does is yell at me and blame me for all his problems when he's the one who is responsible for ALL of them his record is horrible and that's why it's so hard for him to get a job. His dad and grandma send him money every few days for "food" and cigarettes but he never buys any food with it just beer. He like has it made, doesn't have to doMod cut: language and thinks I can't kick him out bc he has no where to go and I'm not a cold hearted person to do that to someone but honestly I'm getting veryyy close. I can't stand this much more he emotionally and mentally abuses me and it really wears me down. I just don't know what to do anymore. He also likes to say if we broke up no one would ever want me and a bunch of other stuff and idk I just can't take this anymore. I'm at my breaking point. He also said if I ever tried to get rid of him he'd do a bunch of awful stuff to me and he'd make sure I'd be alone and had no one ever again. I really don't know what to do... Please help also the police aren't an option because he said he'd kill me and my mom before he goes to jail,and I believe it. And if not he'd get my mom jailed for fraud (she filled out papers for him to get food stamps THAT HE USES) what a low life... Like I just don't understand how he can be such a horrible human being and especially to me! We've been together for almost 4 years like come on... Either fix yourself and be nice to me or gtfo why stay here and treat me like Mod cut:
language
??? Ugh sorry this is so long I need to vent so bad. If anyone has suggestions that would be great :\

Last edited by Mikala43; 05-04-2017 at 10:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 10:22 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Useless threats....he'd get in trouble over the food stamps too. You think he'll do that? Bull crap.
As far as calling the police there's not much they'll do for you if you won't do it yourself.
Or wait until he starts physically abusing you, then you can call them.
If you think it's cold hearted to kick his ass out, then suffer another 4 or 5 or 10 years.

Old 05-04-2017, 10:49 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,346,822 times
Sorry, but I'd show him the door lickety-split! OP, buy him a one-way bus ticket and send him back to his dad. Pronto!

Old 05-04-2017, 11:16 AM

20,767 posts, read 19,988,136 times
Cancel the lease and move out.

Without him and without telling him.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:17 AM

29,749 posts, read 34,415,700 times
You're not stuck, he's stuck. Take care of yourself and let him sink or swim. He's got a dad and grandma who send him money--he can go live with them.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 05-04-2017 at 12:11 PM..

Old 05-04-2017, 11:29 AM

6,563 posts, read 8,402,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad_girlfriend View Post
He doesn't know anyone around here so he'd have no place to go
Not your problem.

Quote:
and he can't really go back to where he was because he's a freaking broke joke.
Not your problem.

Quote:
No car no money no job.
Not your problem.

You are not stuck, OP. You choose to remain in this situation. The smartest and best thing to do - dump him. But as we often see on this forum, you'll come up with one excuse after another, and choose to remain in a toxic relationship.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:31 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,457,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
You are not stuck, OP. You choose to remain in this situation. The smartest and best thing to do - dump him. But as we often see on this forum, you'll come up with one excuse after another, and choose to remain in a toxic relationship.
This

Old 05-04-2017, 12:03 PM

61,753 posts, read 87,217,162 times
He brainwashed you to believe that you HAVE to tolerate all his behavior or he will harm you and your family.
You should contact police and told them about his threats, then pack his stuff into boxes, place at the front door (outside), and ask your landlord to change the locks. If your BF acts out - you could get a restraining order.
Stop fearing him, and get him out of your life. Four years is enough, unless you "love" him and want to suffer.

What is your mother saying about all that?

Old 05-04-2017, 12:10 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,036,382 times
So...OK. Let's say what he says is true. You'll never get anyone else.

THAT'S worse than being stuck with him? Eh. I'd rather be alone than be with someone abusive.

Leave. Don't leave a forwarding address, don't tell him 'bye'. Just disappear. Don't check up on him when you leave, don't tell the world where you go, just leave.

You owe him absolutely zero, zilch, nada, not a damn thing.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:13 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,458,244 times
You're not stuck, you're just not doing anything to help yourself and focusing all of your energy on blaming others.

Get the hell out of their
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships