Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 09:43 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,265 times

Advertisements

When you give people a reason you give them a point to argue. It implies that absent that reason, you'd still date them. A clear "we don't have a future" coupled with behavior that backs up that statement is totally sufficient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 09:53 AM

28,921 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
I posted about this relationship a few days ago. I really don't know what to say other than I am not feeling what I was in the beginning.

Anyone have a surefire way of letting someone down easy?

She gets angry and wants an explanation. She keeps telling me I was using her or she was a game to me. But she also sends me texts saying she misses me and can't forget me. The break up is very new...just a few days.

I really went in with 100% sincere intentions.

Can't edit the title, I meant to say, "She is demanding an explanation for why I terminated the relationship"
Personally, if your on the up and up, and not just looking for approval from others, listen up

1. I think you were listening to that little voice inside of you...a lot of times people don't.
2. Give her time, she has to hate you in order to tell her self she didn't do anything wrong, and chances are she didn't....you two were just not mentally compatible.
3. If she doesn't come around in a few days or weeks, then you will know you made the right choice, sometimes when you think you lose you really win. And she won to, whether she believes it or not. Sometimes two people are simply not compatible, doesn't mean that either one of you is deficient. We are all products of our belief systems, and sometimes those belief systems clash.

I'll give it to you this way.....and these words are so important!!

I don't ever want to live another person's idea of what a marriage should be.

Learn from this...spend time wondering why you chose to break this up and learn to treat another person's heart with care....in other words, make it a point to talk about this when you first meet and date. Make certain they understand, that you both might not be compatible, and that is what you have to find out....
and being compatible in bed is only one very small part of a much larger picture.

always always take great care for another's heart, by being open and honest from the get go.

I hope you talked with her person to person and didn't break up with her over the phone or with an email. Anyone deserves so much more than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships