Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 09:32 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,473 times

Advertisements

I don't think she "played" him, and I'm not convinced he was behind the break-in.

She just wasn't that "into" him.

People usually don't want to say/hear honesty such as "I don't want to spend more time with you, have a nice life". They want to talk it out and analyze when it would be best to just move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 09:53 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
I'm not sure what went on here, but it might very well be that this guy wasn't exactly played. He may have done something while he was over her house for lunch, that wound up turning her off and then not liking him enough to see him again. This has happened to me before, more than once.
Right. I wouldn't assume he was played, especially since we don't know her side of the story.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:57 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
She doesn't sound like a player...she just sounds foolish and careless.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
How is it "playing" someone to invite them to your house for lunch, and then apparently after that lunch to be too polite to say "I don't like you as I actually thought I would" and ease out of the relationship with excuses?

I'm missing something. Trying to get to know someone better by inviting them to lunch and then making excuses later to avoid them because it turns out you don't like them is just how social behavior works. IMHO.
Right. It was a first date that didn't work out. Nobody got played. The guy clearly thought he had, though, according to the narrative.

But who invites a stranger to their home for a first date? And who freaks out over a first date that didn't turn into a second one?

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 05-07-2017 at 10:10 AM..

Old 05-07-2017, 10:04 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But who invites a stranger to their home for a first date?
Why has nobody suggested the obvious twist here ...

... that she's a psycho who staged the break-in and framed the first-date dude in order to solicit sympathy from the person she REALLY has a crush on.

Y'all need to watch more Forensic Files.

Forensic FilesForensic Files - No Witnesses. No Leads. No Problem.

Old 05-07-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Why has nobody suggested the obvious twist here ...

... that she's a psycho who staged the break-in and framed the first-date dude in order to solicit sympathy from the person she REALLY has a crush on.

Y'all need to watch more Forensic Files.

Forensic FilesForensic Files - No Witnesses. No Leads. No Problem.
lol! Wow, CD-R isn't keeping up, that's for sure! Maybe she staged it for the insurance pay-off, because she wanted to redecorate, and get a new stereo system and TV. OP, did she have renter's insurance?

Old 05-07-2017, 10:31 AM

3,143 posts, read 2,659,627 times
it sucks that her home got broken into but i don't feel sorry for her. If she's not into him, then at least have the respect to tell him that instead of making up BS excuses like a little girl would.

I like the title of this thread. There's certain people you absolutely DO NOT screw with. I DO NOT play games (anymore) because i know karma too well and she's a cold............

Does your friend has insurance? And i hope she quits playing these games with men. If this isn't a possible wake up call, then i don't know what is...

Old 05-07-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
it sucks that her home got broken into but i don't feel sorry for her.

I like the title of this thread. There's certain people you absolutely DO NOT screw with. I DO NOT play games (anymore) because i know karma too well and she's a cold............

Does your friend has insurance? And i hope she quits playing these games with men. If this isn't a possible wake up call, then i don't know what is...
What games? Who was playing games? She invited a guy on a first date. He thought there was chemistry, she didn't. The end. MOST first dates end that way.

What if, after a first date, some guy decided to move on, because she was a dud, let's say. He was charming about it, and like so many guys, at the end of the date, he said "I'll call you", but never does. Would that be "playing games", leading her on, with a first date? Would it be ok for her to exact revenge on him in some way, because he "played her" for a first date? Do you see how deranged that thinking is?

Old 05-07-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
What games? Who was playing games? She invited a guy on a first date. He thought there was chemistry, she didn't. The end. MOST first dates end that way.

Accordingly to the OP's opening post, they were "into each other" but she made excuses to not to see him and lied about her being sick. Unless something else happened that im not aware of, then that's playing someone for a fool IMO.

Old 05-07-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:

What if, after a first date, some guy decided to move on, because she was a dud, let's say. Would that be "playing games", leading her on, with a first date? Would it be ok for her to exact revenge on him in some way, because he "played her" for a first date? Do you see how deranged that thinking is?

Moving on is great if he would told her that. From what i read, things were going well and they were into each other but she decided to play "the ghosting game" and made up excuses.

I understand that it happens on first dates quite often but at least have the respect to tell the other person you're no longer interested instead of making up excuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships