Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 12:42 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,951,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
I've never seen a woman slap a man's face in the real world.
Talk to anyone in their 70's or 80's (and older) and you will find out that, in their generation, it was a perfectly acceptable response when a guy said something offensive either to or about the woman doing the slapping.

Mom (who is 80) says that guys did NOT want that to happen because they were never allowed to live it down among their social circle. People were a lot more judgmental in those days of how you presented yourself, and how you dressed/talked/acted did have the effect of branding you as to what type of a person folks thought you were.

Old 05-09-2017, 12:43 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
Why do some in society still think this is acceptable? Why the double standard? If hitting a woman is not ok, then why do we think that slapping a man's face is ok? I see this underlying thinking in some women to think that when a man does something to irritate her, it becomes ok to do this. My older sister engaged in this crappy behavior with her husbands in standard marriage arguments. I will dump a woman I'm dating on the spot if she pulls this crap. Leave her sitting in a restaraunt by herself if necessary....that is a dump on the spot moment for me. I let women know this up front early when dating. I call it boundary setting.
Who says it's ok and acceptable?

I'm the same as I'm not into " rough stuff " either!

No seriously it's not for me all that bollox so agree

Old 05-09-2017, 12:44 PM

28,668 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
I've never seen a woman slap a man's face in the real world. Happens on TV all the time, but then... so do zombies.

I know the difference between make-believe and what actually happens.
I saw it once in high school.

Helluva good slap, too...turned the guy's head right around.

That was back in 1970.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:04 PM

880 posts, read 1,251,705 times
Because when a man beats a woman it's assault and abuse, but when it's the other way around - it's empowerment.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:08 PM

142 posts, read 97,361 times
Quote:
Why do some in society still think this is acceptable? Why the double standard? If hitting a woman is not ok, then why do we think that slapping a man's face is ok? I see this underlying thinking in some women to think that when a man does something to irritate her, it becomes ok to do this. My older sister engaged in this crappy behavior with her husbands in standard marriage arguments. I will dump a woman I'm dating on the spot if she pulls this crap. Leave her sitting in a restaraunt by herself if necessary....that is a dump on the spot moment for me. I let women know this up front early when dating. I call it boundary setting.
Damn OP, your sis is a beast biatch. LOL. No wonder she goes through many husbands. I slap my husband's face but only like a tap, he always says don't when I am arming myself to slap his face but I still do it. Of course it's always only taps slaps coz if it hurts then yeah we are divorced now coz I sue him for harassment, LOL.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:09 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by va_bank View Post
Because when a man beats a woman it's assault and abuse, but when it's the other way around - it's empowerment.
Says who? It's still assault. Slapping someone is not empowerment.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:15 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
I had a woman slap me in the face very hard... I had her arrested for assault and after that she never bothered me again. She learned her lesson. It isn't acceptable in my eyes.. Keep your hands to yourselves and you won't have issues.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:15 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,708,204 times
I have a son and I'd hate to think that if some girl at school ever hits him, he would be laughed at if he told his teacher. Or if he got older and his girlfriend thought it would be okay to knock him around.

The fact is, as uncomfortable as our society is with this, women can in fact be violent. And I think modern day feminism often turns a blind eye to this.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:16 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Why do some in society still think this is acceptable? Why the double standard? .
It's not acceptable.
If you are around people who think it's acceptable, get new friends.

It's low class, ignorant, and disgusting to hit people. Man, woman, child, whoever.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:19 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
I don't know.

I've never slapped anybody across the face except a girl in the 8th grade who hit me first. The sole physical altercation in which I've been involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships