Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 04:53 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,652,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_bank View Post
Most of the SJWs and feminazis?
Er, the tenets of social justice don't include condoning violence. Just FYI.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:57 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,045,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Slapping someone, unless it is self-defense (the other person put their hands on you first), is a consequence of having too little control over your emotions that you can't muster up the class and dignity to walk away when someone says or does something that you find offensive.
Very true. I would rather fight with my mouth and words but hit me and I am going to defend myself.

But I have found the violent men do so because of not getting what they desperately want.

Old 05-09-2017, 05:00 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,380,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
I've never seen a woman slap a man's face in the real world. Happens on TV all the time, but then... so do zombies.

I know the difference between make-believe and what actually happens.
This.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:38 PM

3,143 posts, read 2,666,624 times
i never saw a bf or gf slapping their partner but i have had a friend slapped the crap out of a girl.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:38 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,371,830 times
Ive witness slapping from couples, both genders, IRL.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:13 AM

473 posts, read 503,588 times
Think the lady can still end up at Batterer Intervention Training (16 weeks of group counseling) or get a misdemeanor here to slapping anyone.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:58 AM

710 posts, read 585,833 times
I once saw a Facebook debate about whether men hitting women back that hit them first were justified or not. One woman said that she's glad her husband wouldn't do it because she could potentially get mad and do it one day and she felt safe that he wouldn't retaliate. All I could think about is that if a man admitted that he was prone to getting mad and hitting his wife, he'd be seen as a monster.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:21 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,287,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I've never slapped anybody across the face except a girl in the 8th grade who hit me first. The sole physical altercation in which I've been involved.
I was in 5th grade when a girl would make fun of me every time I went up to the black board. One day I decided to also make fun of her. She didn’t like me and she pulled my hair from behind. I turned around and kicked her to push her off me. She went crying to the teacher and I got in trouble as “boys are supposed to be a gentleman and treat girls with honor and respect”. Tried to explain to the teacher what happened and, nope, I was the one that was wrong.

The media does portray violence from women to men to be knee-slapping funny, cute, heroic, brave, acceptable, justifiable, etc. This is seen in chick flicks, comedy, commercials, sitcoms, cartoons, Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, funny viral videos, etc. But have a guy break a bottle on a girl’s head, kick her between the legs, hit her head with a pan, etc. and the audience’s/viewer’s reaction will be the opposite. There are many videos out there showing how society reacts when a man is being violent with a woman and when a woman is being violent with a man. Society’s reacts completely different if the woman or the man is the victim.

Does the things we see in chick flicks, commercials, sitcoms, cartoons, Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, etc. happen in real life? It makes you wonder when you see that stats/studies show that 1 in every 3 women and 1 in every 4 men is a victim of domestic violence. Numbers are pretty close between men and women. Now imagine if more men reported domestic violence.

https://nomore.org/learn/resources/

Old 05-10-2017, 03:58 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,652,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I was in 5th grade when a girl would make fun of me every time I went up to the black board. One day I decided to also make fun of her. She didn’t like me and she pulled my hair from behind. I turned around and kicked her to push her off me. She went crying to the teacher and I got in trouble as “boys are supposed to be a gentleman and treat girls with honor and respect”. Tried to explain to the teacher what happened and, nope, I was the one that was wrong.

The media does portray violence from women to men to be knee-slapping funny, cute, heroic, brave, acceptable, justifiable, etc. This is seen in chick flicks, comedy, commercials, sitcoms, cartoons, Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, funny viral videos, etc. But have a guy break a bottle on a girl’s head, kick her between the legs, hit her head with a pan, etc. and the audience’s/viewer’s reaction will be the opposite. There are many videos out there showing how society reacts when a man is being violent with a woman and when a woman is being violent with a man. Society’s reacts completely different if the woman or the man is the victim.

Does the things we see in chick flicks, commercials, sitcoms, cartoons, Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, etc. happen in real life? It makes you wonder when you see that stats/studies show that 1 in every 3 women and 1 in every 4 men is a victim of domestic violence. Numbers are pretty close between men and women. Now imagine if more men reported domestic violence.

https://nomore.org/learn/resources/
I'm female. When I hit the girl who hit me back, it wasn't at school, and nobody got in trouble.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:24 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,319,096 times
I have always said, man or woman, you can dislike me or hate me that's fine I could care less. But the second you put a hand on me we will have a problem! After everything I have been through in my life why try to pick a fight with me? I guarantee you'll regret touching me if you lay a hand on me first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships