Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 07:39 PM

9 posts, read 59,976 times

Advertisements

I will keep is as short as possible.

I was interested in a guy and we would text back and forth often for about 9 months (I don't know if he was ever interested, as most conversation were initiated by myself). In December he told me he had a girlfriend , so I cut contact. Fast forward to 3 weeks ago. We had a conversation over text, initiated by me, after seeing him at my workplace. (We are not coworkers, but he works at my workplace, and I see him frequently between October and May). We texted until 1 AM...he told me he was not with his girlfriend anymore/talked about work/his roommate/etc. He texted me something random the next day and we chatted a bit more. We ended up chatting about how I had not felt good enough all winter, because of the whole situation (there is more to the story, but it isn't exactly relevant), and he said that I was the only one who thinks I'm not good enough because "one person did not give you what you wanted.". I ended up telling him I would just feel bad for anyone who doesn't see that I have a lot to offer. Things were left at that.

Last week, I foolishly decided to send him a video I thought he might like. His response: "Who is this?" I told him and we texted back and forth for a brief bit before he ended the conversation. I asked him if he deleted my #/lost his contacts/was joking. He avoided my question multiple times. Why would he delete my number if he did (it's not like he was trying to prevent himself from starting a conversation with me), or why would he say that if he didn't delete it and knew who it was? He occasionally sends me texts to ask me questions for help with something at my workplace, so I am surprised he would actually delete it if he needed something eventually.

Obviously, I am not going to be initiating any more conversations, I am just wondering what might be up with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 07:41 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4J4J4 View Post
I will keep is as short as possible.

I was interested in a guy and we would text back and forth often for about 9 months (I don't know if he was ever interested, as most conversation were initiated by myself). In December he told me he had a girlfriend , so I cut contact. Fast forward to 3 weeks ago. We had a conversation over text, initiated by me, after seeing him at my workplace. (We are not coworkers, but he works at my workplace, and I see him frequently between October and May). We texted until 1 AM...he told me he was not with his girlfriend anymore/talked about work/his roommate/etc. He texted me something random the next day and we chatted a bit more. We ended up chatting about how I had not felt good enough all winter, because of the whole situation (there is more to the story, but it isn't exactly relevant), and he said that I was the only one who thinks I'm not good enough because "one person did not give you what you wanted.". I ended up telling him I would just feel bad for anyone who doesn't see that I have a lot to offer. Things were left at that.

Last week, I foolishly decided to send him a video I thought he might like. His response: "Who is this?" I told him and we texted back and forth for a brief bit before he ended the conversation. I asked him if he deleted my #/lost his contacts/was joking. He avoided my question multiple times. Why would he delete my number if he did (it's not like he was trying to prevent himself from starting a conversation with me), or why would he say that if he didn't delete it and knew who it was? He occasionally sends me texts to ask me questions for help with something at my workplace, so I am surprised he would actually delete it if he needed something eventually.

Obviously, I am not going to be initiating any more conversations, I am just wondering what might be up with it?
It sounds like he is not really into you.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:50 PM

122 posts, read 122,794 times
I am going to guess he just not that into you + he lost his phone ^^;; ( change his phone )

Old 06-05-2017, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It sounds like he is not really into you.
Oh, I figured as much. It's just odd that we texted a few weeks before that and he knew who texted him. Why all of a sudden?

It's too bad for him that he can no longer text me to ask for help with things at work if he truly does not have my phone number!

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Text buddies no more

But if you've seen each other at your work place occasionally then he KNOWS what you look like so I'd guess he was joking with a " who's this? " ( especially if you don't usually send videos or it's your first ) and with your reaction maybe he thought you were being hostile? And took to being evasive thinking you had the hump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milehighrockies View Post
I am going to guess he just not that into you + he lost his phone ^^;; ( change his phone )
Ha! Just ... that little sliver of hope.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Text buddies no more

But if you've seen each other at your work place occasionally then he KNOWS what you look like so I'd guess he was joking with a " who's this? " ( especially if you don't usually send videos or it's your first ) and with your reaction maybe he thought you were being hostile? And took to being evasive thinking you had the hump?
Yippee for not wasting my time on a texting buddy!

The video was of someone mountain biking; not myself. However, I do not believe he was referring to who the mountain biker is...

Old 06-05-2017, 08:04 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,318 times
Quote:

Are you 100% sure that it was HIM you were texting after the video?

Maybe he lost his phone and someone took it?
Or he changed numbers and someone got his old number.

Either way, as others have said, I don't think you're much of a priority to him.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Are you 100% sure that it was HIM you were texting after the video?

Maybe he lost his phone and someone took it?
Or he changed numbers and someone got his old number.

Either way, as others have said, I don't think you're much of a priority to him.
Yes, I am sure it was him. We talked about his roommate/my coworker.

Why NOW, though? We talked for 9 months...stopped for a few while he had the girlfriend...and picked it up a little bit as of late. He would reference inside jokes in his texts, etc. Not going to lie, I was probably a bit hostile towards him after the whole "I have a girlfriend" chat. I don't think they lasted very long. I would cut off any in-person conversations he started at work/he wouldn't let me ignore him (I tried). I would look away from him, and he would make me say hi or bye to him before he left.

He is frustrating.

I am probably going to be happier without this texting buddy, eventually...

Things could be interesting come October when I see him every day again. Maybe if he tries to say "hi" to me, I will give him an odd look and ask, "Do I know you...?"

Old 06-05-2017, 08:15 PM

Don't do that. It sounds like you've "punished" him enough.

Quote:
...and picked it up a little bit as of late.

Seriously, though, it sounds like YOU kind of picked it up, then began being kind of ... less than fun to talk to.

So ... yeah, it makes sense that he might have deleted your number. Or lost his phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships