Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 06:03 PM

3 posts, read 13,410 times

Advertisements

I have been seeing this Korean girl for almost 2 months now. I'm Asian/Canadian and she's full Korean in the UK learning English. She broke up with her ex late last year (for the second time) and told me about a month ago that there's no chance she'll be getting back together with him anymore. We were doing great for the next month or so. Then when I was studying for my Masters exams, she suddenly stops calling me and I cannot reach her anymore. We usually call each other every night. She sends me an email saying that she cannot lie and pretend that nothing happened and something did happen. She cannot tell me now cuz she knows I'll worry so we will talk about it next week when I'm done exams.

... I never got to see her again. On the day I finished exams, she sends me another mail after ignoring my phone call and explains that her (Korean) ex-boyfriend got onto both knees and begged for her to take him back and promised to change. Apparently, he kept in touch with his ex's during their relationship and might have cheated on her, which is why she broke up with him. The reason why he is also in the UK studying the same course as her is because after the first breakup he changed his plans to go to the UK with her in order to get back together. He never changed his behaviour and never gave her enough attention so she broke up with him again.

So now, she's decided to give him yet another chance and "complete what they have already began". I feel a combination of anger, upset and disappointment right now and really don't know what to do. I think I deserve a first chance way more than that guy deserves a third chance. She keeps stressing that she felt really warm with me at all times and I am a really nice guy, but she still has feelings for him. Your opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 06:10 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,069,941 times
When you have a history with someone, it's hard to let it go be it good or bad. She obviously hasn't got over him so you shouldn't get involved with her. You do actually deserve a first chance more but life isn't fair when it comes to human nature. You don't want to be with someone with unfinished business so if I were you I'd just wish her the best of luck (like an adult) and put her behind you.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:15 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,548,567 times
Not sure why you capitalize on her being Korean. It's just the usual case of a GF who still has feelings for her ex boyfriend. Just.. move on. I know it's not easy, but I don't see any other option.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
Not sure why you capitalize on her being Korean. It's just the usual case of a GF who still has feelings for her ex boyfriend. Just.. move on. I know it's not easy, but I don't see any other option.
I was thinking maybe there's some culture differences because I've never been with a Korean before. Perhaps they go back and forth more than others?

Old 03-31-2011, 06:24 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,069,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogotigers View Post
I was thinking maybe there's some culture differences because I've never been with a Korean before. Perhaps they go back and forth more than others?
There are certain aspects of relationships that are trademarked in all cultures and what you just experienced is one of them.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:27 PM

852 posts, read 1,358,107 times
Quote:
I don't think it's a cultural thing. I think she's just a girl who is unsure of what she wants. Let it go and move on. Life is too short to be stuck in the middle of something like this. The sooner you develop the "it's her loss" attitude, the better.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:28 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,382,420 times
Quote:
I think I deserve a first chance way more than that guy deserves a third chance.
It doesn't matter if you think it's fair or not, it's her choice - she is free to love whoever she wants - even if you think her choice is foolish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
Exactly!

Old 03-31-2011, 06:31 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
I have been seeing this Korean girl for almost 2 months now. I'm Asian/Canadian and she's full Korean in the UK learning English. She broke up with her ex late last year (for the second time) and told me about a month ago that there's no chance she'll be getting back together with him anymore. We were doing great for the next month or so. Then when I was studying for my Masters exams, she suddenly stops calling me and I cannot reach her anymore. We usually call each other every night. She sends me an email saying that she cannot lie and pretend that nothing happened and something did happen. She cannot tell me now cuz she knows I'll worry so we will talk about it next week when I'm done exams.

... I never got to see her again. On the day I finished exams, she sends me another mail after ignoring my phone call and explains that her (Korean) ex-boyfriend got onto both knees and begged for her to take him back and promised to change. Apparently, he kept in touch with his ex's during their relationship and might have cheated on her, which is why she broke up with him. The reason why he is also in the UK studying the same course as her is because after the first breakup he changed his plans to go to the UK with her in order to get back together. He never changed his behaviour and never gave her enough attention so she broke up with him again.

So now, she's decided to give him yet another chance and "complete what they have already began". I feel a combination of anger, upset and disappointment right now and really don't know what to do. I think I deserve a first chance way more than that guy deserves a third chance. She keeps stressing that she felt really warm with me at all times and I am a really nice guy, but she still has feelings for him. Your opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks!
At first I found the title of your thread strange..."my KOREAN girlfriend decided to go back to her ex".

I'm thinking, "what the heck difference does it make if she was Korean, African, American or Irish???"

But I can see now, it apparently DID make a difference to her that her fellow Korean came back for her. She may have some pressure from her family to not marry outside her race, and/or, she could be madly in love with him. This sucks for you.

I am not sure what exactly you want anyone here to give you an opinion on?

She broke up with you, went back to her ex, you are hurting and I am sorry

Does my opinion that this sucks make you feel any better?

Old 03-31-2011, 06:40 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
I feel a combination of anger, upset and disappointment right now and really don't know what to do. I think I deserve a first chance way more than that guy deserves a third chance. She keeps stressing that she felt really warm with me at all times and I am a really nice guy, but she still has feelings for him. Your opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks!
I feel for you, I do. But it really doesn't matter that you think you deserve more of a chance. The only thing that matters is that her heart lies somewhere else. It's easy to have feelings for someone while loving another, and at least she is being honest about it and not stringing you along further. Let her go, and get yourself busy taking care of you.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:31 PM

Thank you for the advice. I really appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships