Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 03:51 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times

Advertisements

I basically started dating right away after the demise of a five-year cohabiting relationship (it had been a pretty empty, nominal relationship in the end). I fell back into the swing of things pretty easily.

Last edited by TabulaRasa; 06-02-2017 at 04:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 03:57 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnOfTheMack2017 View Post
Hey guys,

I posted a couple weeks back about an issue I had with my gf of 5 years not getting along with my family. Well, I told her to pack her junk and get out. I hate to admit but before she did I swayed a bit and asked her to stay, by that time she was ready to move on. That was a bit of a chump move on my part, I gotta admit. As of last week, her stuff is all gone and we are no longer talking, although we separated on friendly terms more or less.

So now that I'm single again, after 5 years in a relationship - I'm having a hard time remembering how to be single. I was doing really really well in the dating department 5 years ago, but now I'm lacking any motivation or energy to even think about it. Is MGTOW the only option I have left? But then I would be depriving women of this world of my presence. My little sisters smoking hot friend has a birthday today and they are both inviting me over and over, but I don't feel like going at all nor do I feel like talking to another woman at this time. How do I make this go away. I need to get on with my life. Any tips on how to speed up this process?
Are you joking? You broke up a week ago and already post about needing to go on with life and date others? Of course you cannot think of talking to other women, her side of the bed is still warm!!!

Give it some time.

Also, just as a side note - a little humility makes you more attractive.

Old 06-02-2017, 04:05 PM

358 posts, read 208,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Dude, shut the heck up and GO. You know how many dudes would kill to have women invite the. It? And here you are, talking to us. Which is FINE but we're here to remind you to START REMEMBERING TO BE SINGLE. I understand the break up and the pain that follows but you guys weren't meant to be and now it's your time to share your gifts with other women and vice versa. Enjoy the beauty of having the liberty to shop around because there's single guys out there who have NOTHING.

Like I've mentioned before in another thread, give yourself only 2 weeks to a month TOPS and move on. Get it out of your system. Workout, interact, date, go to parties etc. Engage in new activities, there's beauty in starting over after getting out of a rut of a relationship
yeah, youre prolly right. i will share my gift with other women, as yoi put it. thanks

Old 06-02-2017, 04:24 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
The OP reminds me of a commercial I saw recently, LOl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_taxBRRZ6s

Old 06-02-2017, 06:56 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times
Quote:
yeah, youre prolly right. i will share my gift with other women, as yoi put it. thanks

Stop it with this attitude. It's not attractive.

Look, if you don't feel up to going out, then DON'T. Stay home and relax. There will be other opportunities for you to go out and have fun when you are ready for it.

If you do decide to go, don't talk about your ex all night. That won't work out for you at all.

Old 06-03-2017, 07:16 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Part of being single is being alone. Sounds like you stuck with a bad relationship for five years because of this fear. Go on a short vacation by yourself. Stop trying to fill a void.

Old 06-03-2017, 08:41 AM

I don't really have any fear of being alone, I spent good chunk of my life being alone and did just fine. It was the longest relationship in my life, and we had plans for the future, marriage, kids all that jazz. Then in one day, all of that gone. I guess that's the most difficult part for me. I have to adapt to major changes and as I get older, it becomes more difficult. All of the thought and effort put into building a future, only to watch it crumble in a wink of an eye. I will be fine, refocus on becoming a better person and a better man, I feel like I have all the tools I need to do this. Its just a bit sad time for me, and wanted to ask you guys for ideas on how to make it bearable. BTW< stayed in last night, didn't feel like going to a party to drag my feet.

Old 06-03-2017, 08:47 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
I don't really have any fear of being alone, I spent good chunk of my life being alone and did just fine. It was the longest relationship in my life, and we had plans for the future, marriage, kids all that jazz. Then in one day, all of that gone. I guess that's the most difficult part for me. I have to adapt to major changes and as I get older, it becomes more difficult. All of the thought and effort put into building a future, only to watch it crumble in a wink of an eye. I will be fine, refocus on becoming a better person and a better man, I feel like I have all the tools I need to do this. Its just a bit sad time for me, and wanted to ask you guys for ideas on how to make it bearable. BTW< stayed in last night, didn't feel like going to a party to drag my feet.
You gotta do what you gotta do.

To be fair, though, it didn't really happen overnight.

All that conflict with your ex and your family was a huge clue that your plans were in jeopardy.

Old 06-03-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You gotta do what you gotta do.

To be fair, though, it didn't really happen overnight.

All that conflict with your ex and your family was a huge clue that your plans were in jeopardy.
yeah, I get that it was a gradual process. Its the realization that its over, is what happened over night for me. I'm still uneasy about the fact that the biggest reason for this break up is her inability to get along with my family. Its almost surreal

Old 06-03-2017, 08:54 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
I'm still uneasy about the fact that the biggest reason for this break up is her inability to get along with my family. Its almost surreal
If it helps, that's not the actual reason.

It sounds like she had significant character issues. She made bad decisions. Stirred up drama.

The problems are broader than just, "she argued with my sister."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships