Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 01:56 AM

218 posts, read 172,078 times

Advertisements

Not saying you are given comments regarding other things such as intelligence and such, but specifically speaking, when your bf/husband gives you compliments regarding your physical features, how do you feel about it?

In my case my woman is certainly intelligent, smart, intuitive etc. and of course I give her compliments about those, but I also give compliments regarding her body, such as how beautiful she is, how great her legs are (), and such. Sometimes I notice she just kinds of passes them off as me complimenting just to be nice, even though I certainly and truly feel that way. She says thanks and such anyway.

How do you feel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 02:15 AM

910 posts, read 2,292,681 times
I've always felt flattered and liked it and was not happy when a man withheld such compliments, but some women might not feel the same way due to self-esteem issues or what-have-you.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:41 AM

52,221 posts, read 52,642,422 times
"Tell your momma I said thank you" the ladies liked that one

Old 06-05-2017, 03:08 AM

218 posts, read 172,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfSFL View Post
I've always felt flattered and liked it and was not happy when a man withheld such compliments, but some women might not feel the same way due to self-esteem issues or what-have-you.
Yeah, sometimes I have told her she is a supermodel and she just laughs it off or says things like "Yeah, whatever...".

Old 06-05-2017, 03:51 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debnor View Post
Yeah, sometimes I have told her she is a supermodel and she just laughs it off or says things like "Yeah, whatever...".
Well, she's NOT a supermodel so yeah, she knows you're just saying that.

Edited to add:

OP, I'm about the same age as your GF, and the last thing she wants most likely is to feel like you're just saying things that you could say to anyone, like you're just blowing smoke up her skirt.

So if you really want to compliment her, tell her things she CAN'T blow off, things about how YOU feel when you're with her.

Be specific. Don't just give her generic props. She wants to know how she makes YOU feel, not feel like you're just trying to make her feel good.

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 06-05-2017 at 04:44 AM..

Old 06-05-2017, 06:56 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,334,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Well, she's NOT a supermodel so yeah, she knows you're just saying that.

Edited to add:

OP, I'm about the same age as your GF, and the last thing she wants most likely is to feel like you're just saying things that you could say to anyone, like you're just blowing smoke up her skirt.

So if you really want to compliment her, tell her things she CAN'T blow off, things about how YOU feel when you're with her.

Be specific. Don't just give her generic props. She wants to know how she makes YOU feel, not feel like you're just trying to make her feel good.
"Hey babe, you look almost as good as Jessica Alba, from 30 feet away".

Old 06-05-2017, 06:59 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,358,121 times
They have to be sincere...from whatever perspective she has. And even though she may seem to blow them off, out of modesty or whatever, chances are she still likes hearing it! Again, just has to be sincere and not overdone (10 times a day, etc.).

Old 06-05-2017, 07:03 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,514,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
LOL. "when I'm drunk...and squinting..."

Old 06-05-2017, 07:22 AM

28,664 posts, read 18,771,597 times
Generally speaking, it's safer to compliment a woman's choices than her attributes. Compliment color or style combinations or a new hair cut.

If your relationship is intimate, acting like you enjoy a feature is better than saying you enjoy it. Massage it, nuzzle it, paint it, oil it, smile when you see it.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:24 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Right?? Lol

That kind of comment, unfortunately, just makes me want to roll my eyes. I can't take it seriously because I KNOW you mean well but ... come on.

One of the coolest compliments a guy gave me once was "I couldn't stop thinking about your hip bones all day." That was it. I knew what he meant, and it made me . But if he had said, "You have the most amazing hips on the planet!!" I'd be like "yeah ok."

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 06-05-2017 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: ugh typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships