Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 12:58 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times

Advertisements

"Talk is cheap"

As cliche this statement is, it always rings true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 01:00 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Have you asked him out? If you want to see him, ask him out. Simple. You'll have your answer. If someone isn't asking me directly to get together after a few dates I lose interest. I'm not going to keep pursuing someone, it needs to be a two way street.
I totally agree. Nothing wrong with asking him.

OP, I would just come out and ask him if he's no longer interested. Don't feel restricted otherwise you won't know what's going on. I'd rather be told that a guy isn't interested in me anymore or has reservations (given his past relationship) instead of being "ghosted" or "faded".

Old 06-08-2017, 01:00 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
I'm sorry to say there isn't much to be confused about. If a man wants to see you, he will ask you to. So stop texting him. If he wants to see you, he will get a hold of you and let you know. Never chase a guy, or over analyze. Because actions usually tell you all we need to know.
^^This.

The "crazy busy" excuse is lame. Don't contact him anymore.....move on, date others.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:13 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
Sounds like your six-date "relationship" was just six dates.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:20 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
I think I'd text him one more time.

"Since I haven't heard from you in all this time, I will assume you've moved on. Don't bother trying to contact me, I have you blocked, cause I've moved on too."

Old 06-08-2017, 01:42 PM

155 posts, read 86,232 times
I guess I can clarify a bit for those who said that I should have asked him out. After he moved on Saturday, I didn't hear from him Sat, Sun, Mon, until I finally texted him Tuesday checking in and asking how he was. He responded, and then asked what my plans for the upcoming weekend were. I answered him, and he never responded. Then I waited, and then Friday I texted him again. He responded, told me he was so sorry and how its been so busy for him. He again asked me my weekend plans, it was Memorial Day weekend so Monday was a holiday. I told him, and then said something to the fact of "Well if you are free then we should make a plan." He then told me he would have to see because its a big weekend for him with family and he also wanted to keep doing things to fix up his new place. He did warn me it was a fixer upper. So I said okay, and I told him it seems he is so busy lately. He said "I know, its this whole process for me. I do want to get down and go to Pete's."

Pete's is a restaurant in my town that he loves and we talked about going together.

Sunday night rolls around and I get a text message from him asking what I was up to. I respond, thinking he has some free time on Memorial Day and wants to do something. He never responds. I wait all week until Thursday and I finally text him again asking if he is okay. He responds to me Friday saying how he has been crazy busy and had at least 30 text messages he had to answer when he finally sat down to look at his phone and how he is so tired. At this point I just said "Its all good. Have a good weekend."

Haven't heard from him since That was last Friday. It is now Thursday.

Here is more background on this:

So he was living in the condo he and his ex bought together. She didn't live there any more. He could no longer afford it so he had to move, and she was moving back in because they own it. I know he did move, because he did sent out an Instagram picture of his dog at their new place. It was as he said it was.

I guess what baffled me was that he seemed so into me right before this. We talked for three weeks before our first date. He rescheduled on me twice, because he had family things he had to do like a wedding to go to, and then something else with his parents. He called me on the phone, apologized a ton, and then immediately picked another date and time. Our first date was so great. He took me to a really nice restaurant. We laughed and had a great time, called me right after the date that night to tell me he had a great time and wanted to see me again. A few days later we go hiking with his puppy, and out for coffee afterwards. He seems to be planning dates with me and suggesting ideas with things I put I enjoyed from my dating profile. It was thoughtful.

We text and talk on the phone in between. Third date I go to his house. He takes me shooting, we hit it off, its fun, and he insists we go back to his house and he makes me dinner, and we kiss. Fourth date, he comes to my house, we take a nice walk around a lake nearby and we grab food, and cuddle on my couch. He texts me after apologizing for the cuddling, and says he didn't mean to push it. I tell him he did nothing wrong and it was enjoyable and he didn't push it. He says he is a huge cuddler and loves getting physically close to someone. I tell him we will get there eventually and he agrees and says that if I ever feel pushed by him to let him know right away, because he gets excited and sometimes doesn't realize.

The week before the move, I go to his house and we decided to have a movie night since it was raining. When I got there his dog was all over me loving me. He walked over laughing at him. Saying “You like her boy, yeah you like her, I really like her too.” He told me he really liked me a few times and kept doing this cute thing where he would lean over and pucker his lips for a peck. He did it so much and I loved it.

We order some food, and I drive us to pick it up. We sing in the car and talk. He grabs my purse from me and holds it in his lap, saying he knows how this all works.

It’s raining still so he insists I stay in the car while he gets all wet getting the food. He says I can repay him by kissing him before, during, and after dinner. Throughout the time he keeps telling me he likes me and I’m pretty.

After dinner we started watching the movie, cuddling up. We stopped a few times to make out a lot. Then he turns me to face him and says he wants to make sure we are on the same page.

He says “You don’t want to get married tomorrow right?” We laughed and I said no. He then told me he doesn’t want to rush into anything emotionally and that he is emotionally fragile and nervous. He said it might take him some more time to open up and he hopes I can be patient with him. He said when he really likes someone he gets really attached quickly and falls hard and gets all soft and mushy so he wants to take things slow as to not make any mistakes, as he wants a relationship. I agreed. He then said he is okay with physical stuff, being naked, but he said he doesn’t want to have sexx until we are in a relationship. I agreed and said I felt the same way. He said he is definitely more emotionally fragile than I was, and he said I seem to know exactly what I want and he really likes that. He said he loves monogamy and isn’t into hookup culture at all and has never done that, as his ex, from high school, is the only person he has ever been with. I assured him I had only been with one person too and one serious relationship. He loved this and told me it made him feel so much more confident. He said he likes relationships and being with one person. I asked him if he was seeing anyone else, he said no.

We bonded over the fact that we had each only been with one person. He knew word for word things I wrote on my dating profile and we talked a lot about our pasts and dating. I said I had been out on dates here and there with people I met in school or through friends, but there just wasn’t a spark there and it never went anywhere. He said he felt the same way. He said he went on a few dates with people from online. He said sometimes even walking up to the person it was clear they were never going to see each other again after the date. He said he had the same problem, just nothing there between anyone and him. He told me how he loves being naked and cuddling and he’s such a cuddle bug. He loves being close in that way. I agreed. He said he was in no rush for anything to happen, and we weren’t having sex, which I agreed on.

We ended up heavily making out on his couch, and then he asked if I wanted to go to his room because we’d have more space to cuddle and make out. We went to his room. Some clothes came off, but we mostly made out, because we agreed on the no sex part.

It got later and later. Past midnight. It got to the awkward, do I stay or do I go part? He and I were both very undecided. Neither one of us could make a decision. It was so late, I ended up just staying. We cuddled all night. It was great. We woke up, and were both pretty happy. He offered to take me to breakfast, but it was Sunday- mother’s day so I told him I would rather go and do it with my mom. He was fine with that. We parted ways and I spent the day with my mom. His house is halfway between my house and my parents’ house. He texted me later in the afternoon asking when I was leaving my parents to head home. I told him around 6pm. He then told me I should make a pit stop at his house if I want, since its halfway there. So I stopped on my way. He offered me dinner but I declined because I already ate.

We started this joke that he is only my “Tuesday guy”, since he came to my house on Tuesday for the first time. We joke like we have all these people for every day of the week, but in reality we both laugh together and say we have no idea what we are doing, because we have never been with anyone else except the one person we both each had. He then joked with me saying “Well I’m your Tuesday guy, and you are my Saturday and Sunday girl.” It was really cute.

We watched a movie on the couch cuddled up. We talked. Then we ended up upstairs in his bed again. No sexual stuff. He then said he would literally just pay someone to cuddle him, and how he would love it. Then he says, “But I mean its way better when it’s with someone you are starting to care for.” I told him that I like that we are on the same page and I am okay with not rushing into anything, but I also don’t want to wait forever. He said he understood. I also told him how we aren’t just going to hangout in bed all the time, as I am not just some girl to do that with. He laughed at me, and told me that he doesn’t think I’m just some girl, as I was only with one person in my past, and had not been with anyone in over a year. And he again said how he likes relationships and monogamy and not just hookups. And he even mentioned how he will have to come out my way a lot more and we can go to the lake and eat at this place he loves. I told him I want to continue to go out on dates and do fun stuff together out. He said he totally agreed and he was on board. He reminded me that he likes monogamy and relationships so he wants to do all that stuff too. He joked that as long as we end up cuddled, maybe naked, after our dates maybe sometimes.

It got late, midnight again. Then it was again the struggle of if I stay or go. I was kind of tired so I kind of wanted to stay, but since it was a work night, I got the vibe he wanted me to go, so I went home.

Monday night, the day after I see him, he texts me around 8pm telling me he wants me to come over. I am hanging out with friends and tell him I am having a girls night. He says “So I am not going to see you tonight?”

I say no and tell him I am not leaving my friend to drive 45 mins to see him.

I texted him the Tuesday after asking him if he is still going to be my Tuesday guy, as a joke? He told me we have to re-schedule and he has so much to do for work Tuesday and Wednesday. I said okay and was fine with it. He told me we would figure something out. Wednesday he talked to me about his day but nothing about plans. Thursday he started texting me about what my plans were for the weekend. I tell him I am free except for Saturday, because it’s my brothers birthday.

He tells me he is officially moving on Saturday to a new place. He goes on to tell me this new condo is across the street from his mother’s house. He tells me he will most likely be coming my way a lot more to my house because he doesn’t want me to be parking down the road. He tells me that I will have to share my bed with him if he comes and we can cuddle. He says his mother is nosy and will see my car outside his house for a long time, and especially if it stays there all night. I understand he might not want to tell his mom he is seeing someone yet, since we aren’t in a relationship.

He then says he is trying to see what time he has for the weekend. And isn’t sure about us seeing each other and he might try to come my way Saturday night after the move. I remind him of my brothers birthday and he says “Oh yeah. I forgot.” Then he says he may not be able to make it down to see me until the weekend after. I was a bit shocked by this. A whole week away?

We make no plans. I make plans with my girl friend Thursday night to walk by the lake. My girl friend says she has to leave by 7:30Pm. I get a call on my phone from him. He is begging me to come over. I tell him I have plans with my friend. He tells me to cancel. I say no. He tells me to come after 7:30. I’m stuck. He tells me he should have never let me leave Sunday night. He tells me he was sitting last night thinking how he wished I was there next to him. And now he realized that he's moving and he might not be able to see me on the weekend and he really wanted to see me tonight, as it was probably going to be a little while until we can again.

I don’t want to accept last minute plans, and won’t. I didn’t Monday, but I did want to see him. He’s buttering me up and telling me how he really wants to see me and he’s sorry its last minute. He tells me he wants me to stay over. He finally convinces me so after my walk with my friend, I drive to him. I get there. He is eating his dinner late. I play with the dog. Soon after he comes over starts kissing me and pushing me towards his room since it was a bit late already. He tells me to set my alarm for 6AM, thus me staying there for sure. . It gets late around midnight and we are making out and he suddenly seems unsure about me staying there. He says how it’s a work night and how maybe we shouldn’t make this a habit and how we should reserve this for weekends only. I tell him it makes me feel weird and like I should leave. I tell him I wouldn’t have come all that way to have to turn around and drive home and now its late and it was storming out. He tells me to stay and its fine and he doesn’t care and it’s all up to what I am comfortable with. I felt bad, because I felt like I was putting guilt on him and pressuring him into letting me stay. I tell him this. He tells me he is just being anxious and nervous. I ask him about what, and he say just feeling emotionally fragile and vulnerable. He started asking me if I was on the pill. I said yes and he said good. Then he asks if my ex and I always used condoms, I said yes again, and he says “good girl.” And he says how since he and I have only been with the one person each and we are clean, that we won’t be spreading things to each other.

I commend him for being smart, and asking these things. Its responsible and important. I’m sticking to my standards of not doing it until we are more serious and he agrees and keeps looking at me with this look of awe and telling me he is so happy we are on the same page and agree.

I end up staying. It was so late. I was tired, and it was raining buckets out. We wake up super early. We part ways. He kisses me goodbye and says he will be seeing me. I got to work and he to work.

I text him later in the day telling him I had a good time with him and I hope his moving Saturday goes smoothly. He responds and says he will keep me posted.

Later in the day I am driving to my parents for the birthday party the next day. I end up in bumper to bumper traffic. I call him and ask if he wants to grab some dinner with me to get me off the road, and I was right near his area, trying to get to my parents’ house. He says he can’t because he is hanging out with his college buddy, but says how my offer is very tempting. I say okay, and how I figured I would ask just to see. He says “No no. I’d love it. Just might be weird if you and I are hanging and my buddy and I are being boys.”

I tell him to “go enjoy your dude time.”

The next day he moved, and now I am three weeks later with minimal communication and confusion to boot.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:50 PM

888 posts, read 555,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I totally agree. Nothing wrong with asking him.

OP, I would just come out and ask him if he's no longer interested. Don't feel restricted otherwise you won't know what's going on. I'd rather be told that a guy isn't interested in me anymore or has reservations (given his past relationship) instead of being "ghosted" or "faded".

They only had 6 dates. If she doesn't hear from him, it's over. Why is it so hard to understand if you don't hear from someone and they don't make plans with you, they aren't interested in continuing with more dates? I think a lot of time people say they want " closure" but what that really means is they want to " talk" and try to get the person back/work it out. If they had been together for a year, sure they should talk, but this was just dating, nothing more.

Believe me, this guy knows darn well she wants to see him, she has made that clear. Just let it be.

I repeat again, there is nothing to be confused about. Stop analyzing this. You are far too invested in a guy you barely know. And continually thinking about this and wondering why won't change anything.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:01 PM

155 posts, read 86,232 times
I think a huge part of my problem is that he seemed so into me and then disappeared. I keep going back and over analyzing all the time we spent together, worrying if I did something wrong, and looking at every angle. I don't see anything I did wrong to make him want to do this. I tried not to ask for more or pressure him. I even told him I wouldn't want to do anything to put pressure on him at all, and that I was nervous about this dating thing as it was new for me too.

All my friends and family insist its him and not me. He's either not ready for a relationship and got freaked out that we were headed that way, or just has too much going on in his life to give me more, which is what I deserve. I just feel bad. I mean he was saying that after the move he was going to come to my place a lot more, and how I can help him decorate his new place with him. So I never ever expected this. Truly. Its sad and upsetting for me. I was starting to like this man and started opening up to him.

I've been back on the site talking to other guys and trying to move on, because I think I need to, its just disheartening that this experience is the first one I have had in a long while with dating. I spent all last year getting over a toxic relationship and working on myself. I finally got the courage to put myself out there and everything was going so well and then this happens. I just wish I guess after a month of dating he could have maybe been a man and given me a call to tell me he didn't want to see me again.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:07 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,788 times
OP - look at the time and effort you've spent on him. You written a mini-novel complete with every detail, and it doesn't appear you're taking sound advice.

You need to stop analyzing/obsessing and move on. Easier said than done, I know, but that's the only solution.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:15 PM

888 posts, read 555,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amkxoxo View Post
I think a huge part of my problem is that he seemed so into me and then disappeared. I keep going back and over analyzing all the time we spent together, worrying if I did something wrong, and looking at every angle. I don't see anything I did wrong to make him want to do this. I tried not to ask for more or pressure him. I even told him I wouldn't want to do anything to put pressure on him at all, and that I was nervous about this dating thing as it was new for me too.

All my friends and family insist its him and not me. He's either not ready for a relationship and got freaked out that we were headed that way, or just has too much going on in his life to give me more, which is what I deserve. I just feel bad. I mean he was saying that after the move he was going to come to my place a lot more, and how I can help him decorate his new place with him. So I never ever expected this. Truly. Its sad and upsetting for me. I was starting to like this man and started opening up to him.

I've been back on the site talking to other guys and trying to move on, because I think I need to, its just disheartening that this experience is the first one I have had in a long while with dating. I spent all last year getting over a toxic relationship and working on myself. I finally got the courage to put myself out there and everything was going so well and then this happens. I just wish I guess after a month of dating he could have maybe been a man and given me a call to tell me he didn't want to see me again.

It happens though. When I was dating it happened to me, they lost interest as did I. SOmetimes I would know a reason I lost interest ( for example, guys being too clingy), other times I just wasn't feeling it, or didn't want to get serious, whatever.

If you think about it, what could he really say to you that would make you feel better he has lost interest? There isn't anything. So stop saying you just want an explanation. That isn't what you want, you want him to contact you and want to be with you

And stop worrying you did something wrong. I do wrong things all the time, everyone does. When you are with someone solid, it doesn't matter. No one is perfect, I am certainly not and neither is my husband.

You would be wise to just block his number. And don't tell him you are doing it, just do it. No drama, no issues, just an acceptance that this didn't work out. Because I think if you do hear from him, it will just be more of the same. Seems like way too much of a smooth talker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships