Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 11:09 AM

3,991 posts, read 5,026,949 times

Advertisements

OK, most of us agree that the context of saying "girl" or "boy" and the intent is important. I'd be interested to know how you all feel about the other points...

Old 06-16-2017, 11:12 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,038,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
OK, most of us agree that the context of saying "girl" or "boy" and the intent is important. I'd be interested to know how you all feel about the other points...
Mine were already included in my reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
  • First you call us girls. Men date women, not girls: Girls call you girls. "Girls night out." "Girls just want to have fun." etc. It's not just boys who use this and the word choice is often benign.
  • You are terrified to talk to us, and we can tell. It represents not seeing us as people, but a commodity to acquire: This is quite a logical leap. You are right: some guys really are nervous to strike up a conversation but that doesn't mean they don't see women as people. For your claim to have any sort of grip you're going to have to give some verifiable examples otherwise it's entirely unfounded and not worth a second look.
  • Since you are terrified to talk to use, we know you don't want to DATE us. You just want to bang us. The only quality in us you care about is whether or not we meet your minimum standard of attractiveness: Another logical leap. See above.
  • You think there is one set of things that "girls" are attracted to, not recognizing that we are all different people: With this I agree. A lot of guys fail at dating because they try to apply what "girls" want instead of learning what a certain person wants.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:30 AM

20,771 posts, read 20,044,069 times
Quote:
If my dad (he is 70) would refer to my mom as his girl, I would find it cute.

When a guy starts posting on here and starts with "So I met this girl .... we are both in our 30s" then it kinda annoys me.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:34 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,238,567 times
Quote:
Some men are just unbelievably shy/socially awkward that fear of rejection is the main thing when it comes to talking to women, not sex. They are probably not even experienced enough to imagine 'banging' them according to the OP.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:39 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,220,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
There's certainly a chance that one man who struggles with dating shares these attitudes or characteristics, but aren't men who struggle with dating "all different people"? So point by point;

So I'm not suggesting that you should be attracted to men who stumble and stammer socially, and I'm sure some men are as you describe, but your generalization is insulting and kind of ironic, given your stance on such as it applies to you.
I think there is a strong commonality, not in the general population, but on the people who post on this board.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
You sound angry.
Not at all. There are a ton of posts on this board about how women are evil, shallow, nasty slugs for not dating them because they are not handsome or rich. Just commenting on that phenomenon.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:48 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,238,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Not at all. There are a ton of posts on this board about how women are evil, shallow, nasty slugs for not dating them because they are not handsome or rich. Just commenting on that phenomenon.
But it bothered you enough to post a passive-agressive thread towards men.

Yes there are some guys too fixated on money and looks. But there are some socially inept men who just can't hold a conversation and sex is the last thing on their mind. They just want to have a date.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
There was nothing passive aggressive about it. It was on point. We get a LOT of vitriol about our horrible characteristics, how we are shallow and SHOULD "give them a chance". Then they whine while doing exactly no listening to things that might actually help them. I simply pointed out the commonality of those aspects which might be helpful. If that makes you hurt, I am sorry.

Quote:
Yes there are some guys too fixated on money and looks. But there are some socially inept men who just can't hold a conversation and sex is the last thing on their mind. They just want to have a date.
They don't post here much. And when they do, they are blind to their own contribution or possible solutions.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:00 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,075,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post

Don't trust em. Never have. Never will.

Good thing I'm a dude!

Old 06-16-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
I certainly did not mean to imply "all men" who have trouble dating. Just the population who are most vocal here. The one thing I do think is fairly common is to heartily resist any information that might lead to actually doing something to improve their lot.

Of course there are socially awkward people, male and female.

But the place that is really weird to me is people who are specifically freaked out by someone JUST because they are the opposite sex. It really does seem that they don't see them as PEOPLE ... just like them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships