Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 12:07 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,233,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I simply pointed out the commonality of those aspects which might be helpful. If that makes you hurt, I am sorry.
I thought the commonality of these guys are they tend to have lower paying jobs, are poor dressers, tend to stay home a lot, and don't have a lot of friends. They don't have a lot of hobbies and have a tough time to socialize.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:09 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,202,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
I thought the commonality of these guys are they tend to have lower paying jobs, are poor dressers, tend to stay home a lot, and don't have a lot of friends. They don't have a lot of hobbies and have a tough time to socialize.
AND they think that women should go out with them anyway and are otherwise evil, shallow, nasty women. Sorry. Girls.

ETA: Money is not the problem. Never has been.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:12 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,775,771 times
Quote:
Fixation as some folks are on looks and money, they don't get it. The reasons you are a guy that women don't want to date.

• First you call us girls. Men date women, not girls.
  • You are terrified to talk to us, and we can tell. It represents not seeing us as people, but a commodity to acquire.
  • Since you are terrified to talk to use, we know you don't want to DATE us. You just want to bang us. The only quality in us you care about is whether or not we meet your minimum standard of attractiveness.
  • You think there is one set of things that "girls" are attracted to, not recognizing that we are all different people.
If you think we can't smell these vibes coming off you, you are wrong.
1. "Women" are able to tell the difference between intent when "girl" is said so they won't be easily triggered.
2. Just stop here. I've historically been horrified to talk to women but I leave the acquisition at the day job. I've never looked at women as something to acquire.
3. Are you a psychic or something? I don't think you can read men very well if this is what you think.
4. I'm done with this .

Old 06-16-2017, 12:12 PM

153 posts, read 130,445 times
*First you call us girls. Men date women, not girls.

Not once has this ever crossed my mind. Women are girls, men are boys.

*You are terrified to talk to us, and we can tell. It represents not seeing us as people, but a commodity to acquire.

*Since you are terrified to talk to use, we know you don't want to DATE us. You just want to bang us. The only quality in us you care about is whether or not we meet your minimum standard of attractiveness.

Emphatically disagree with the next two points. I don't see this as any different than women being afraid to approach men. They're afraid of rejection, shy, or just socially awkward. Not once would I ever think that someone who was afraid to approach me only thought of me as a commodity to have sex with.

In fact, in my experience, the opposite is true. The guys who have only wanted me for the sex are usually eager to approach me, along with being arrogant and outgoing. Then once the rejection hits they move onto their next target without hardly blinking an eye. Until they decide getting you could be a fun game for them and they come rushing back to try again.

*You think there is one set of things that "girls" are attracted to, not recognizing that we are all different people.

This I agree with. All girls have different things that they are attracted to in men. I know I don't go for the stereotypical "type" that tv and movies seems to believe all girls want. This is probably where the "all girls are the same and want the same qualities in their men" mindset comes from.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I really think it just the same 5-10 dudes coming back with different names.
Oh. I had not thought of that. That makes a lot of sense. I wonder what they get out of it.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
1. "Women" are able to tell the difference between intent when "girl" is said so they won't be easily triggered.
2. Just stop here. I've historically been horrified to talk to women but I leave the acquisition at the day job. I've never looked at women as something to acquire.
3. Are you a psychic or something? I don't think you can read men very well if this is what you think.
4. I'm done with this .
I think Timberline cleared it up for me.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:49 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,352,980 times
Quote:
I think Timberline cleared it up for me.
Well I'm glad you feel better

Old 06-16-2017, 12:55 PM

753 posts, read 444,959 times
Quote:
Fixation as some folks are on looks and money, they don't get it. The reasons you are a guy that women don't want to date.

• You are terrified to talk to us, and we can tell. It represents not seeing us as people, but a commodity to acquire.
  • Since you are terrified to talk to use, we know you don't want to DATE us. You just want to bang us. The only quality in us you care about is whether or not we meet your minimum standard of attractiveness.
  • You think there is one set of things that "girls" are attracted to, not recognizing that we are all different people.
In my case none of these are true. I'm a guy women won't date because I'm disabled, pure and simple.

Some of them have even told me so.

Old 06-16-2017, 01:18 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,875,951 times
Quote:
Oh. I had not thought of that. That makes a lot of sense. I wonder what they get out of it.
Nothing, they get nothing out of it. That's why they keep coming back explaining how all we want is a free dinner...and they don't have any money...that we will divorce them for and want half of what they don't have, in Alimony that judges always award to women who are employed and earn as much.
Ok?

Old 06-16-2017, 02:10 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,095,328 times
Quote:

This is an absurd post. So I shall respond equally.

First you call us girls. Men date women, not girls. - Guys are stuck between a rock and a hard spot. If a guy addresses a woman as "woman" it's disrespectful. "Woman! Iron my pants!"

You are terrified to talk to us, and we can tell. It represents not seeing us as people, but a commodity to acquire. - I'm terrified of all of my property. Aren't you? I'm terrified of my home, my couch, my elliptical, my car, the list goes on and on. John Wick killed a man with a Pencil. Now that's a pencil I'd be terrified of!!

Since you are terrified to talk to use, we know you don't want to DATE us. You just want to bang us. The only quality in us you care about is whether or not we meet your minimum standard of attractiveness. - I've enjoyed conversations with GIRLS that have led to banging. Sometimes we've even laughed... /gasp!! It's fun! You should stop to consider guys think of it as a natural progression instead of a means to an end.

You think there is one set of things that "girls" are attracted to, not recognizing that we are all different people. - What does this even mean? Are you blaming us for our uncertainties? I'm not a terrible looking guy, but there are plenty of GIRLS I decided not to approach because I assumed they were taken, or I felt they were way out of my league. Rejection isn't fun, so most people aren't keen to have it happen repeatedly.

Seriously though, you're looking at this whole dating thing all sorts of wrong. I figure you're angry about something, but try to be a bit more empathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships