Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 07:16 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,395,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I don't think you were being a jerk. You tried to accommodate her by being flexible with the meeting time and offering to pick her up. If she just didn't feel like going, so be it, but you're allowed to tell her politely (which you did) that you don't appreciate the last minute cancellation.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 07:17 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
I've been thinking similarly to Minivan.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:17 AM

6,452 posts, read 9,814,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Yeah. I can't believe that anybody would be this clueless.

I guess it is okay in your book then that she just cant come out and say no and instead just lied previously with him? lol She should have just said no instead of saying she was too tired to drive.

I cant believe anyone would be so clueless as to think that's okay!

Old 06-30-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I guess it is okay in your book then that she just cant come out and say no and instead just lied previously with him? lol She should have just said no instead of saying she was too tired to drive.

Thank you. Exactly, I knew she was using the not wanting to drive thing as an excuse or cover.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:22 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,039,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Ok. Fair enough. Maybe next time I'll give the other party the benefit of the doubt. It is just that in my experience if someone wants to make a date they will make it. As I noted, I had to work that day as well. I also have to work the next morning.

Perhaps I should have made it more clear to her: this was going to be a brief date. We just get together for a drink or two to get to know each other. I was not planning to go crazy and have a late night.
Maybe next time, you'll read the clues better. Her original statement sounds as if she perhaps just wanted to keep the door open for another time, but you slammed that sucker shut.

Have you ever made plans in your life and realized later that you were just in no condition to go through with it? Yeah, you worked that day as well. But different people have bad days at different times.

Personally, I think weeknight first dates late at night are a bad idea. People are stressed from work. People are thinking about getting up the next day.

In other words, It's Not All About You. Go ahead and memorize that phrase. Tattoo it on your wrist. And next time, listen a lot more carefully when a woman says, "I'm tired." She's not saying, "I don't want to go out with you." She might be saying, "I don't want to go out with you tonight."

Old 06-30-2017, 07:25 AM

6,452 posts, read 9,814,509 times
Quote:
Maybe next time, you'll read the clues better. Her original statement sounds as if she perhaps just wanted to keep the door open for another time, but you slammed that sucker shut.

Have you ever made plans in your life and realized later that you were just in no condition to go through with it? Yeah, you worked that day as well. But different people have bad days at different times.

Personally, I think weeknight first dates late at night are a bad idea. People are stressed from work. People are thinking about getting up the next day.

Well the op already explained it was her idea to meet then, not his

In other words, It's Not All About You. Go ahead and memorize that phrase. Tattoo it on your wrist. And next time, listen a lot more carefully when a woman says, "I'm tired." She's not saying, "I don't want to go out with you." She might be saying, "I don't want to go out with you tonight."

Maybe in high school its okay to play word games or use code, but as an adult why cant she just say lets reschedule because I am tired. Why is it on the man to read between the lines and try to figure out what she really meant?

She should have put her big girl panties on and just said what she meant.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:27 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:

Is that really how you would personally respond to someone who you actually had an interest in though? "I'm tired. I don't feel like driving. Can I reschedule you sorry." She really didn't sound all that apologetic over the fact that she was flaking out at the last minute.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:28 AM

Quote:

."
Here is where we disagree: Canceling at the last minute is very rude.

I did do that to someone once but I CALLED her, apologized profusely and told her why: I had fallen the night before and was laying in bed with a slightly strained back. I gave her several dates as to when we could go out on another day. She was totally nice about it and we went out again. Probably should have married that girl. LOL.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:34 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Thank you. Exactly, I knew she was using the not wanting to drive thing as an excuse or cover.
Right, she was trying to be polite, not deceptive.

"Giving the benefit of the doubt" isn't the same as letting her walk all over you.

You say you were being flexible. It reads like you were ignoring her signals and being pushy. Don't let the other woman's (from your other post) actual rudeness cloud your judgment with this or other women.

You were way too heavy handed here.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:36 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post

Saying she is "too tired to drive" is her saying she is too tired to go out that night. She then asked if they could reschedule.

Anyone with 1/10th of a clue understands this. Think people. If you're too tired to drive a little way you're obviously too tired for a first meeting where you have to be fully engaged with the other person. She told him directly she was too tired to meet that night and she wasn't listened to, the guy kept pushing.

But yeah, #fakenews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships