Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 01:06 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,801,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
Dont really understand the question? Does it mean he's stereotyped as effeminate or secretly gay because he owns a cat? I don't get it.

What's next? Women who have dogs as pets? What does that REALLY say about them?
Right!!!??? And it seems every woman I date has not one, but 2 dogs that she always has to get home to walk. It definitely takes some fun out of dates because they can't be extended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 01:13 PM

37,158 posts, read 42,290,039 times
There's something special about guys with a cat and, IMO, they are usually better.

Old 07-03-2017, 01:42 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,883,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
It is not so much a good parenting quality as it is that pet owners, in general are caring, compassion, loving people. And i am specifically referring to good pet owners, not the people hoarding 50 dogs in a small house filled with feces.
Well... I've seen more than one dog owner who turns it into a strange relationship where he has to be in control of every move...the dog puts its head down and practically cowers when he sees him coming...I just don't think that's very good parenting material. The correlation is too strong. IMO anyway. I've never been looking for a captain, or prison guard type for around the house.

Old 07-03-2017, 01:48 PM

85 posts, read 67,447 times
I don't get this. Is it not manly to own a cat? I think it's a stereotype that straight men don't like cats and prefer dogs. I love both dogs and cats, have had both my entire life. I currently have a cat and would love to find a guy who loves cats!

Old 07-03-2017, 01:51 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,667,890 times
I'm not a huge cat fan, nor do I care to be around litter boxes that aren't well-kept, or pet odors that others have gone noseblind to. So it would depend on things like Standard of cleanliness, etc. I could easily get past my relative lack of enjoyment of cats, but not unsanitary practices.

My feelings don't have anything to do with some statement on cat ownership and manliness, though. Just cat ownership paired with slovenliness.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:37 PM

10,505 posts, read 7,072,783 times
I've always had cats. My daughter calls me the Cat Whisperer because cats just gravitate to me. I like dogs, too, but they're too much work, not to mention my daughter is virulently allergic to them.

I personally think that guys who obsess over what the pet says about a man's masculinity might have some deep-seated insecurities about their own.

Old 07-03-2017, 04:33 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,190,033 times
I love cats and I like men with cats and I especially like men who like my cat.

I have a strong dislike for people who hate cats. Indifferent, sure. HATE? Goodbye.

Old 07-03-2017, 04:56 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,135,200 times
Since I like cats I don't mind a male that does also. A man liking cats says to me he thinks for himself and not afraid to stand alone instead of following the crowd. People that think cats are distant and not affectionate have never had a cat or never made the cat feel like part of the family. Cats unlike dogs are not afraid to let you know they are mad at you. I have 3 cats and have 3 different ways they handle their anger. One will be waiting in the window for me, one will cry for what seems like hours
and one will walk right in front or between my feet. One of my cat from years ago would be so happy to see me but after a few hugs and kisses she would sit in the window and ignore me for hours. All in all I think cats behave more like people than dogs, dogs are much more forgiving than cats or people. I like walking on the wild side.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:09 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,407,517 times
A lovely couple who are friends of friends are hooking me up with a kitten. They foster kittens and they take it seriously. The husband is probably one of the most masculine guys I've ever met - the kind of dude who would build his own house and kill and dress his own deer. He takes the kitten fostering super seriously. It's not just his wife's project by any means.

I used to date a former military sniper. He had two cats he'd raised from tiny kittens after they were abandoned by their mother.

Having a cat has nothing to do with masculinity.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:11 PM

52,350 posts, read 52,821,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I've always had cats. My daughter calls me the Cat Whisperer because cats just gravitate to me. I like dogs, too, but they're too much work, not to mention my daughter is virulently allergic to them.

I personally think that guys who obsess over what the pet says about a man's masculinity might have some deep-seated insecurities about their own.
I've got a buddy that hates cats. I told him a couple of times over the years that he needs a penis extension.

Cats are little jerks at times, but I like them.

Our next door neighbor has only one cat and when she leaves her door cocked open a bit you can smell her cheap body lotion that she drowns herself in and it has a nice under tone of cat box all wrapped up a nice little package when the wind blows right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships