Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 04:36 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times

Advertisements

I'm more confused now than I was before. So your saying people have sex...then there is a fetus?

Old 03-20-2008, 04:55 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
While looking at the original post and attempting to start reading, the letters on the page began scintillating and I was unable to read the post. So, my response is this ... OY VEY!!!!! :ee k::ee k::ee k:

Old 03-20-2008, 07:07 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
personally I think the song "lets get drunk and screw" is a very deep emotional song that makes me ponder the meaning of life and my sexuality.

This essay on the otherhand rather misses the boat.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:09 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
I want the 5 minutes it took me to read this back
and dealing with sexuality the infinate possibilities that can be acieved in 5 minutes eh?

Old 03-20-2008, 08:23 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
After reading this I don't want to ask my wife for sex anymore. Client#9 Gov.Spitzer can I borrow your gal for 5 minutes. If not oh well maybe a wet dream!

Old 03-21-2008, 01:07 AM

Location: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
88 posts, read 293,248 times
Arrow The parodies are truly legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohemian Enigma
It is not only women’s sexual desirability that is fetishized, many other groups experience this. And with the ubiquity of tell-it-all TV shows and reality television, the fetishization of sexuality itself is parodied, at once resisting and reproducing the fetish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
them theres fightin words mam.....I gotta lotta sexuality and it ain't no fetish....just finding the humor in this....if not, I'm going to really get annoyed....

sorry but the statistics committee didn't ask me....
Obviously it was an egregious oversight on the part of the committee. On behalf of the Statistics Committee I hereby render the appropriate apologies. Please forgive.

Now, with respect to ...

Quote:
them theres fightin words mam.....I gotta lotta sexuality and it ain't no fetish....just finding the humor in this....if not, I'm going to really get annoyed....
... understand that the reference is not to your personal sexuality in the sense of your particular cravings and their attendant manifestations, which, according to your own testimony, are legion, but rather, the reference is to sexuality as a whole (no pun intended), viewed on a macro level.

In fact, as indicated above, the fetishization of sexuality itself is parodied, at once resisting and reproducing the fetish.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:26 AM

Lightbulb Bringing the mountain to Mohammed ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
After reading this I don't want to ask my wife for sex anymore. Client#9 Gov.Spitzer can I borrow your gal for 5 minutes. If not oh well maybe a wet dream!
Don't ask the wife - tell her. By minimizing the commodification of the act, people like "Spitzer's gal" will find themselves unemployed. Remember the words of MacKinnon: "Sexual objectification is the primary process of the subjection of women."

By telling the wife (as opposed to asking her) the tables will be turned, making you the object of the fetish, thereby killing two proverbial birds with one stone.

Good luck, and God bless.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:42 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
That's it I'm completely lost. And I don't believe for a minute...that "telling" a woman we are going to have sex will do any man any good. More than likely it's just gonna get him slapped up-side the head. This MacKinnon dude obviously had way to much idle time on his hands. What moron would sit and dream this stuff up?

Old 03-21-2008, 06:35 PM

672 posts, read 2,125,614 times
I've been trying to make some sense of all this for a few nights now. I mean, I work alone 12 hours a night, and actually have thought about this stuff. It kind of reminds me of trying to read, comprehend, and remember the new EPA regulation guide I was presented with back in Nov.07. They like to use big words, and fuzzy graphs etc., just like this article excerpt.

Now, what are us human beings anyway? Are we objects in the first place? If I see a person standing beside a vehicle, a big boulder, and a house, then, am I seeing a total of four objects? Or, is it three objects, and a being? If we are speaking only of sexuality, and how it can be only a fetish, then what if a man is looking at a woman, but has a sexual interest only in her shoes? I mean, such men do in fact exist. Or, she has on some nylon stockings, and the mans sexual interest is drawn only to that article of clothing. Then, what has been objectified? The woman, and her body, or, her shoes, or her stockings? And if the mans interest was in the shoes, or stockings, would he lose interest in the woman if she wern't wearing them? I believe most of us are drawn to a certain person because of particular characteristics about that person, but I believe it applies equally to both men and women. Women's sexuality has been desired by most men since our different genders began. But, when we choose to spend our lives with one man, or one woman, there is more there than just sexual attraction. There has to be, or else, we wouldn't do that. The person who wrote this is just too focused on the physical aspects of human nature, I believe. There's a much larger picture thats being overlooked here. I like provocative thought material though. But, as I say in my little caption above: I "just ain't right" anyway!!

Old 03-22-2008, 02:56 PM

Thumbs up The gentle art of persuasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
That's it I'm completely lost. And I don't believe for a minute...that "telling" a woman we are going to have sex will do any man any good. More than likely it's just gonna get him slapped up-side the head ...
I am very sorry to hear that. I feel your pain, my good man. Admittedly American (USA) women can tend to be a tad irascible. Nevertheless, women from eastern and northern Europe, as well as from eastern Asia, are, as a general rule, much more reasonable.

Also, consider rephrasing the proposition. Instead of "telling" her, issue a straightforward command. That should minimize any misunderstanding.

Take care. I'm glad I could help.

Now go get 'em, tiger!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships