Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 02:35 PM

194 posts, read 144,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And it depends on who is calling you it, and what the context is. Someone you're in a relationship with calling you "hot" is different than some guy on the street or in a bar saying the same thing.
It was just a question....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 02:38 PM

1,491 posts, read 381,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Whatever a woman's preference, I recently read that when men compliment us, we should agree instead of playing that whole self-deprecating schtick. Next time a guy says I'm hot or beautiful, I'm going to say, "I know, right?"

I like this, and as a woman I agree!!! What's wrong with being called those things. As long as it's genuine and not just to get you into the bedroom...lol. I think it's a compliment to be called either, and if it's a good relationship a woman should be happy her mate thinks this of her. I'd like it

As for which one, it depends on the mood. If someone is feeling sexy then she probably prefers to be called hot. Beautiful is in my opinion a more deep, meaningful thing.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:46 PM

1,491 posts, read 381,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Are you joking?
Why should this be a joke? If she says I know, a man will find her even more beautiful because she's confident, unless she says it in a conceited way of course, then it's obnoxious. I think she was being playful though!

Old 08-25-2017, 02:49 PM

29,807 posts, read 34,655,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bob 42 View Post
It was just a question....
I know?

What I prefer being called depends on who's saying it and why.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:50 PM

1,261 posts, read 979,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Whatever a woman's preference, I recently read that when men compliment us, we should agree instead of playing that whole self-deprecating schtick. Next time a guy says I'm hot or beautiful, I'm going to say, "I know, right?"
I do the same! go figure!

Old 08-25-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverEden View Post
I like this, and as a woman I agree!!! What's wrong with being called those things. As long as it's genuine and not just to get you into the bedroom...lol. I think it's a compliment to be called either, and if it's a good relationship a woman should be happy her mate thinks this of her. I'd like it

As for which one, it depends on the mood. If someone is feeling sexy then she probably prefers to be called hot. Beautiful is in my opinion a more deep, meaningful thing.
I guess it depends on the type of person too, maybe my GF feels more confident when I call her hot.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
I do the same! go figure!
Why did you give me that warning earlier? That wasn't necessary.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:53 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,501,685 times
Quote:
I guess it depends on the type of person too, maybe my GF feels more confident when I call her hot.
Real women feel confident without the need to be called anything but their name.

There is no across the board *most* like anything, too many women and variables to generalize.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Real women feel confident without the need to be called anything but their name.

There is no across the board *most* like anything, too many women and variables to generalize.
Are you sure about that? What about women who are insecure? Are they not real women in your eyes?

Old 08-25-2017, 02:56 PM

29,807 posts, read 34,655,581 times
Quote:
If she feels more confident, it's because it's you, her boyfriend, who thinks she's hot. That's always a plus. An empty compliment from someone she doesn't care about isn't the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships