Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 11:26 PM

401 posts, read 553,853 times

Advertisements

A wingwoman helping out her single male friend or a wingman helping out his single male friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 11:31 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,471,437 times
I typically preferred to fly solo when I was navigating.
The idea of wanting the best for me was appreciated, but I’m just not the type who like to receive help in that way.

Old 10-05-2017, 11:39 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,934,214 times
How about by yourself? Why do you need a wingman or wingwoman? I just don't understand.

Go out with your friends and if you happen to meet someone while you're with them, that's great. If you're looking to go meet someone, don't insist that you drag your friends along with you. Because like I said in the other thread, they could wind up messing things up for you, even if they don't mean to, and even if they think they're able to help you out. I mean, do people actually really do this? ''Hey dude! I wanna meet someone! Will you come out with me tonight!?''

YOU are your best wingman!

Old 10-06-2017, 07:30 AM

264 posts, read 183,652 times
Ok, to the above comments, I would say it depends on your goals, age, setting, etc. In other words, without context it's really hard to just declare how things might be approached.

Moving on to the original discussion point.....
I used to have one female friend in particular that we would help each other out when we'd go out on the town and it worked incredibly well. I think it was just because a woman being approached by a lone guy automatically has her guard up, but a woman chatting with another woman who brings her guy friend into the conversation is much less....I'm not sure what the word is....potentially creepy? Threatening? In any case, it seemed to be pretty successful.

And running the opposite way it worked well too. Not because she couldn't meet guys on her own, but she would be too nervous to go up to a guy and start a conversation, but if I did and then involved her it gave her the ability to decide who she wanted to meet rather than just hoping the guy she wanted to talk to came over to talk to her.

So my two bits, opposite sex wingman is the best approach if a wingman is warranted.

Old 10-06-2017, 07:46 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,381,833 times
Ive never needed anyone's help when it comes to meeting and conversing with women - I'm very capable of doing that on my own. Although, my dog has taken the initiative sometimes when we're out and about

Old 10-06-2017, 09:17 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,257,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Ive never needed anyone's help when it comes to meeting and conversing with women - I'm very capable of doing that on my own. Although, my dog has taken the initiative sometimes when we're out and about
Most chicks dig guys with dogs

I don't get the whole "wingman/woman" thing. I've been approached in that situation and I kind of got turned off by it. It felt a little "juvenile". Also, what happens thereafter? Will "wingman" always be around us on dates to do the talking?

Old 10-06-2017, 09:20 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,930,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Most chicks dig guys with dogs

I don't get the whole "wingman/woman" thing. I've been approached in that situation and I kind of got turned off by it. It felt a little "juvenile". Also, what happens thereafter? Will "wingman" always be around us on dates to do the talking?
Yes. Exactly.
It just like if you meet a nice dog and are attracted to his owner, the dog goes on any future dates.

Old 10-06-2017, 09:34 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,257,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Yes. Exactly.
It just like if you meet a nice dog and are attracted to his owner, the dog goes on any future dates.
I actually wouldn't mind the dog going on future dates

Old 10-06-2017, 12:17 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,291,000 times
Wing woman hands down.
Reason being other women see the man with a wing woman as taken so he becomes more desirable in their eyes. They want the forbidden fruit and the unattainable. It's a challenge for them.

Go somewhere alone or with a dude, then chances are you're going home alone.

Old 10-06-2017, 12:21 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,054,579 times
Does not compute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships