Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 07:20 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,418,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
no. Strippers are paid to make even the dweebiest guy feel like a sex god, so of course they'll talk to him. He needs to learn how to talk to women who don't necessarily have a reason to talk to him. He needs to learn how to give a woman a reason to talk to him.
Agreed.

You may come across that one very rare opportunity where a stripper may actually legit like you beyond trying to get you to hire her - but never bank on that happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 07:25 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,814,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
no. Strippers are paid to make even the dweebiest guy feel like a sex god, so of course they'll talk to him. He needs to learn how to talk to women who don't necessarily have a reason to talk to him. He needs to learn how to give a woman a reason to talk to him.
Nah not totally, I dated a stripper for a while about 8 years ago. They aren't all jumping into your lap just because you walk into their establishment believe it or not. They have their favorite customers, guys they think are weird, guys they think are gross, just like any other woman really. If a younger guy wants to practice talking to women it's a legit stepping stone. Quite often they are happy to talk to a nice guy that will buy them a drink and isn't a complete neanderthal jerk off.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:43 PM

2,261 posts, read 1,145,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
I have no idea if military men have there act together or not I don't date them. I do know there is lots more competition in my city for women. I appreciate the advice people have given me and will reflect on it. Honestly though with my personality and social awkwardness I believe the deck is stacked heavily against me.
How exactly are you socially awkward?

Old 10-08-2017, 09:49 PM

102,299 posts, read 108,390,953 times
Quote:
I have no idea if military men have there act together or not I don't date them. I do know there is lots more competition in my city for women. I appreciate the advice people have given me and will reflect on it. Honestly though with my personality and social awkwardness I believe the deck is stacked heavily against me.
Granted, we don't know you. But I suspect you hold some erroneous beliefs, and allow that to hinder you. For example, you believe you're too old, at 25, to date 22-year-old students. You believe the perceived competition in your town WILL out-compete you, so there's no use in trying. How do you know, if you haven't tried, except online? You're assuming the majority of women in your town are interested in military men, which I doubt is the case. You seem to believe that you can't overcome your social awkwardness.

On a positive note, you did say you'd try some of the recommendations give you here. Stick with that; focus on the "I think I can" attitude. And get some professional help with your social anxiety, or whatever it is. Get evaluated, and then get some treatment for that. It could open up a new life for you.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:00 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,201,047 times
Girls are attracted to a talent. Get a talent and girls will be all over you. Also, don't act scared. Girls can sense scared easy. You better hide it, if you got it.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:05 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,329,919 times
Are we talking about dating women or the raisin dates? I struggle with the raisin dates...

Old 10-09-2017, 04:16 PM

212 posts, read 159,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
Give up. We're not all designed to date. Embrace the eternal bachelor inside.
I'm starting to believe this now.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:55 PM

639 posts, read 378,093 times
Quote:
Yea but I think I'm to old I'm 25 out of school for college students
You're 25 not 45. You have more than ample opportunity to meet women that are in their early twenties.

From what I'm reading, you have to get past the self-defeatist attitude. Let all the insecurities go. They are only a barrier. Go out to the bar, socialize a bit, and meet some people.

A college town for a guy your age is like a kid in a candy shop. enjoy

Old 10-10-2017, 07:01 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,092,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post
You're 25 not 45. You have more than ample opportunity to meet women that are in their early twenties.

From what I'm reading, you have to get past the self-defeatist attitude. Let all the insecurities go. They are only a barrier. Go out to the bar, socialize a bit, and meet some people.

A college town for a guy your age is like a kid in a candy shop. enjoy

Absolutely true. The biggest impediment for me in my 20s was absolutely my insecurities.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:22 AM

2,680 posts, read 2,109,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Absolutely true. The biggest impediment for me in my 20s was absolutely my insecurities.

Same for me. But I was also extremely resentful and angry that I was not getting anywhere with women even if I tried. Especially as I was watching my younger brother and a few friends dating and having sex without even trying hard. But once I realized that being angry about my lack of success with woman was about as productive as being mad at the rain or snow, I started working on my social skills. Using many of the strategies described in this thread. And I eventually got better...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships