Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 10:41 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
This has nothing to do with stereotypes.
Right, and if we're talking about actual stereotypes, the notion that men are more empathetic than women is absolutely not a stereotype. Empathy, by definition, is understanding someone else's feelings. The stereotype is that men are stoic and unemotional, while women are gossips who always want to talk about their feelings.

Old 10-21-2017, 11:52 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Never universally, except for one.

Looks are an important criteria for a man in considering a woman.

Of course different men define beauty differently. A woman who is gorgeous to one man is ugly to another, and vice versa. But she must be good looking in HIS eyes, in some manner, particularly in the beginning, preferably for the duration.

I've never met a (heterosexual) man who could honestly tell me that looks weren't important at all, nor in fact one who would admit they were less than one of the top two or three factors, and usually the #1 most important.

Actually, correction...I have a second observation that I consider to be a near-constant. Every woman I've ever met was openly or secretly critical and/or insecure in some way about her appearance. Even the ones who seem to be stunning and know they are stunning, to all outside appearances...there is a fragile side that is quietly worried they have some flaw that is ruining it or that other women look better or that they don't look good enough.
Women judge looks just as harshly let's not kid ourselves. I've seen them dissect men's looks..looks are as important to both genders..if they don't find you attractive you're not getting your foot in the door.

Old 10-21-2017, 01:25 PM

25 posts, read 19,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
women are gossips who always want to talk about their feelings.
Correct.

Old 10-21-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Women judge looks just as harshly let's not kid ourselves. I've seen them dissect men's looks..looks are as important to both genders..if they don't find you attractive you're not getting your foot in the door.
Yes they judge each other's looks as they are in direct competition. Women are primarily attracted to personality, as well as wealth and status of course. Men are not.

If men were attracted primarily by women's personalities and intelligence, one can only logically conclude that it would be the interesting and intelligent women who would have all the luck.

Old 10-21-2017, 01:43 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinous View Post
Correct.
Then explain how men are more in touch with their feelings and the feelings of others? You made the claim, why not back it up?

Old 10-21-2017, 01:46 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Yes they judge each other's looks as they are in direct competition. Women are primarily attracted to personality, as well as wealth and status of course. Men are not.

If men were attracted primarily by women's personalities and intelligence, one can only logically conclude that it would be the interesting and intelligent women who would have all the luck.

You must not know many women, I take it.

Old 10-21-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You must not know many women, I take it.
Well, I admit, the number of women that I know is probably far lower than the number of men you know.

Old 10-21-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Well, I admit, the number of women that I know is probably far lower than the number of men you know.

Probably, I played a lot of soccer/basketball/baseball, so I had tons of different teammates over the years.

It just doesn't seem like you've had female friends, or many relationships, with the opinions you're spouting.

Old 10-21-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Probably, I played a lot of soccer/basketball/baseball, so I had tons of different teammates over the years.

It just doesn't seem like you've had female friends, or many relationships, with the opinions you're spouting.
Perhaps. So how many male friends would you say you've had?

Old 10-21-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Perhaps. So how many male friends would you say you've had?

I have no idea. It isn't something I keep a list of. That's even weirder than a dude keeping track of who he's slept with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships